interesting article - A lot of you political types will enjoy - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
interesting article - A lot of you political types will enjoy
Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:59 AM on j-body.org
The writer does start on a bad foot, blathering a bit about how Liberalism and the Working Class should be natural allies and blah blah blah, and it has a definite left slant. However, he's very insightful about why Conservatism has risen despite the fact that the Republican party has a less than stellar record on economical matters and consistently is not that conservative on social matters despite a lot of talk and hot air to the contrary.

Article

Re: interesting article - A lot of you political types will enjoy
Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:55 AM on j-body.org
I bet Frank was yelling "you go, girl!" when Genine Garofalo claimed that any female, or person of color, who was a conservative, must have Stockholm Syndrome.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:05 PM on j-body.org
He probably did. It's always amazing to me how many people can be insightful in one area yet totally clueless in others.

Conservatism is much more natural for the working class. I'm no conservative and even I know that. However, he does nail it about why the Right won and the Left lost. The right recaptured the minds of average americans despite their (in my opinion) iffy monetary and social plans while the left appealed to snooty college students who refuse to read Mark Twain because it's too "common". He also mentions how the Right always talks about moral hot button issues yet does little about them in favour of corporate America. (Though he neglects to mention that the Left does the exact same thing however.)

Even now Obama was only elected because the last conservative administration alienated a lot of the voters.
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:30 PM on j-body.org
lets not fool ourselves here. O.B.ama got elected because he is black + younger, and charming. Voting for O.B.ama was the cool thing to do. Even if you didn't vote for him, you got to watch all those black ladies on t.v. crying and looking towards the heavens....

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Sunday, March 22, 2009 6:55 PM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:lets not fool ourselves here. O.B.ama got elected because he is black + younger, and charming. Voting for O.B.ama was the cool thing to do. Even if you didn't vote for him, you got to watch all those black ladies on t.v. crying and looking towards the heavens....

Race was an overwhelming factor that and the way he motivated all the stupid colledge kids.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, March 26, 2009 10:26 AM on j-body.org
You guys act like there was no push for the big 'O' from anyone resembling a straight, middle-aged white male.
Is it really THAT inconceivable that anyone could have actually agreed with the policy changes he was pushing during the election cycle?
Or maybe that people REALLY didn't like the opposing ticket?
Or that the urban scene usually votes for the blue ticket anyway (even when it features a white face), and maybe their vote wasn't the BIG DECIDING FACTOR you like to make it out to be?
Maybe Obama chose a running mate that was more "centered" than himself, while McCain chose one that was more partisan than himself, pushing voters from the center to the left?
You like to blame college students, but guess what... College students always talk a big talk, but never show up on polling day.
Any of you live near a major campus? Colleges were a major stepping stone for Ron Paul. The support here for his campaign was IMMENSE. Yes, there were flocks of people wearing Obama shirts, but the students going door to door were with Paul. The largest political club on campus? Young Republicans.
This forum is starting to border on conspiracy theory central at this point. Not liking what you're seeing is one thing, and trying to voice your opinion is fine, but I feel many of you bought the "jump to conclusions" floor mat in February

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:37 PM on j-body.org
The media got Obama elected, and that's the bottom line. They have never asked him tough questions. They have always criticized the ever-living sh!t out of whoever was opposing him (including during the primary season), and they have twisted everything negative about him to be going against improvement for our country.

Also, they did a damn good job at ruining Bush, so it gave Obama a great thing to run against: the encumbant party of the Whitehouse. Add in the stock market crash just before the elections, and he had a f&$king path to victory laid out in front of him. It's actually surprizing how effective McCain's campaign was that Obama was still only able to squeek out 53% of the vote.

As far as this forum bordering on conspiracy theory central, I tell you to look at the evidence. It is happening now as we speak. They are laying the groundwork for being able to completely turn this country on it's head and destroy it, all for their own power gains.

They are laying the groundwork for nationalizing more and more companies, increasing the number of people relying on hand-outs from the government, and driving down the economy so badly that everyone just looks to them to fix it all. They are expanding the powers of the Whitehouse beyond what is safe for a balance of power (the founding fathers of our country made sure that there was a separation of powers, so that one group could not take complete control), trying to move as many departments out from under the current leadership, and into the folds of the administration's cabinet. I could go on and on, but that would fill another thread in itself.

Seriously, I would love to hear anyone tell me exactly how anything that they are doing right now is going to help our country return to it's greatness. I would love to hear something with good supporting facts.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 3:29 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:The media got Obama elected, and that's the bottom line. They have never asked him tough questions. They have always criticized the ever-living sh!t out of whoever was opposing him (including during the primary season), and they have twisted everything negative about him to be going against improvement for our country.
Also, they did a damn good job at ruining Bush, so it gave Obama a great thing to run against: the encumbant party of the Whitehouse. Add in the stock market crash just before the elections, and he had a f&$king path to victory laid out in front of him. It's actually surprizing how effective McCain's campaign was that Obama was still only able to squeek out 53% of the vote.

I'm not going to disagree that the majority of mass media sources were obviously partial to Obama. But, in every thread I see you guys give a different reason he got elected (unions, welfare-abusers, minorities, media, college students, Hollywood, one-armed roller-skating waitresses who own pet shellfish... whatever), and every time it's THE reason. It makes it hard to take the words that follow seriously.
Bush ruined himself by pushing unpopular policies. Bottom line.
Quiklilcav wrote:As far as this forum bordering on conspiracy theory central, I tell you to look at the evidence. It is happening now as we speak.
In the other thread you said you own a copy of Zeitgeist, so you know how looking only at certain fragments and filling in gaps can lead to a pretty tall tale. Just be careful of what you read/hear/conclude and spread as 'facts'.

Also, although I appreciate the irony, you're sig is WAAAY over the limits lol.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 5:18 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:The media got Obama elected, and that's the bottom line. They have never asked him tough questions. They have always criticized the ever-living sh!t out of whoever was opposing him (including during the primary season), and they have twisted everything negative about him to be going against improvement for our country.

I'm not going to disagree that the majority of mass media sources were obviously partial to Obama. But, in every thread I see you guys give a different reason he got elected (unions, welfare-abusers, minorities, media, college students, Hollywood, one-armed roller-skating waitresses who own pet shellfish... whatever), and every time it's THE reason. It makes it hard to take the words that follow seriously.
Quiklilcav wrote:As far as this forum bordering on conspiracy theory central, I tell you to look at the evidence. It is happening now as we speak.
In the other thread you said you own a copy of Zeitgeist, so you know how looking only at certain fragments and filling in gaps can lead to a pretty tall tale. Just be careful of what you read/hear/conclude and spread as 'facts'.

Look man, this is basic. Go read the constitution, or the federalist papers, or something other than the new york times for starters. The man has no integrity. All of his apointees are tax evaders, including the man playing monopoly with our financial printing press. ACORN and Obamas paid organizers bring busloads of people to threaten peoples lives and put on a dog and pony about bonuses THEY KNEW ABOUT.He talks about accountability in spending but spends over a billion dollars an hour, plows through universal health care that will never work, DID NOT GIVE 95% THEIR TAX CUT, oh wait you may get $13 bucks in a credit whoopie, this from a man who was critical of BUSH and his $600.....

If you cannot see the blatant lies given by this man , then I submit that you sir have the wool over your eyes.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:37 AM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:I'm not going to disagree that the majority of mass media sources were obviously partial to Obama. But, in every thread I see you guys give a different reason he got elected (unions, welfare-abusers, minorities, media, college students, Hollywood, one-armed roller-skating waitresses who own pet shellfish... whatever), and every time it's THE reason. It makes it hard to take the words that follow seriously.

I have never said any of the other reasons are the reason, but they were factors. However, the media made it all happen with there extreme bias (way over the usual levels this time).

As for Bush ruining himself, that's a fallacy. While I believe he could have done some major damage control if he was far better at articulating his points, the fact remains that his approval ratings were sky high in his first term, and there was a concerted effort to destroy these ratings because the Democrats knew they would have no chance of defeating him if he could maintain those numbers. There is an actual quote out there that I will post if I can find it, but it was around 2002 or 2003.

OHV notec wrote:

You're correct that people should be careful, and I am, with what they piece together, but if you can come up with any other conclusion to what's going on right now, I submit to you that you haven't looked at enough of the facts yet. The more facts I find, the more it all points to the same thing: This administration, and the Democratic leaders in Congress, are all focussed on taking over as much control of this country as possible, and they are trampling on the very founding principles of it. People used to scream about Bush trampling The Constitution, but he didn't do even half of what is being done right now.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 9:44 PM on j-body.org
Mike Demo (Civic Eater) wrote:
OHV notec wrote:

Look man, this is basic. Go read the constitution, or the federalist papers, or something other than the new york times for starters. The man has no integrity. All of his apointees are tax evaders, including the man playing monopoly with our financial printing press. ACORN and Obamas paid organizers bring busloads of people to threaten peoples lives and put on a dog and pony about bonuses THEY KNEW ABOUT.He talks about accountability in spending but spends over a billion dollars an hour, plows through universal health care that will never work, DID NOT GIVE 95% THEIR TAX CUT, oh wait you may get $13 bucks in a credit whoopie, this from a man who was critical of BUSH and his $600.....

If you cannot see the blatant lies given by this man , then I submit that you sir have the wool over your eyes.
What I can't see is how any of what you wrote is even remotely relevant to anything you quoted...
You are obviously upset, but I think you picked the wrong thread to relieve yourself in

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search