Petition for Redress of Grievances - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Petition for Redress of Grievances
Tuesday, April 07, 2009 9:01 PM on j-body.org
Here ya go, the more and more groups like this, the better our odd's will grow to take our Country back!

http://912petitions.com/index.php

Re: Petition for Redress of Grievances
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 2:10 PM on j-body.org
I'm curious if an online petition has EVER had ANY effect on ANY political matter?

The majority of the population voted these people in. The majority of the population voted their predecessors in as well. No online petition did anything in the last 8 years, why do you think that's suddenly different now?

The Constitution is not cut and dry, there are gray areas which can be interpreted differently. If an issue was directly in opposition to the Constitution, it would not be allowed in the first place.

If you want to make a statement, either...
A- march on Washington (leave your guns at home if you want to be taken seriously)
B- march on your State Capitols (guns allowed here, but pitchforks and lynching ropes may be a bit much)
C- make your vote COUNT the next time around, and convince others to vote with you (note: threatening is the opposite of convincing). If you just want to make a statement for the underdogs, you're free to vote for Ron Paul and Bob Barr in the online polls, but marking their names on the ballot IS a waste of your vote.

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Wednesday, April 08, 2009 2:20 PM on j-body.org
LOL

Like the CIVIL war ..... The 10 DID let the states do it.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 3:07 PM on j-body.org
OHV notec wrote:The Constitution is not cut and dry, there are gray areas which can be interpreted differently. If an issue was directly in opposition to the Constitution, it would not be allowed in the first place.

Actually, The Constitution is pretty cut-and-dry, and a lot of what has been done is definitely against it, but no one has really challenged most of the unconstitutional actions of the government. We need more people with real backbone in our governement, to both oppose and point out the unconstituionality of proposed laws, as well as to hold accountable the judges who make rulings based on an agenda, rather than truly following the law and The Constitution (ie. actually ruling that a law is, in fact, unconstitutional).

Wednesday, April 08, 2009 6:56 PM on j-body.org
TECHNICALLY most gun laws are Unconstitutional.

Fact.

(how far do you want me to dig?)

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Thursday, April 09, 2009 6:38 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:Actually, The Constitution is pretty cut-and-dry
...in your opinion.
Taetsch Z-24 wrote:TECHNICALLY most gun laws are Unconstitutional.

Fact.
Dig as far as you want, but until you find a line stating specifically that no laws shall be made to prohibit the ownership of firearms, there will be plenty of people who disagree with you. (note: I also believe most guns laws are unnecessary, but not necessarily unconstitutional).

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search