BOB.gov = Barack Obama Broadcasting.gov - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
BOB.gov = Barack Obama Broadcasting.gov
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 10:12 AM on j-body.org
We are so screwed. How can we possibly have our voices heard when the entire mainstream media is cheer leading for The Messiah? How much more will he take before people wake up and voice and fight for their freedom? Freedom of the press? Freedom of speech?

DRUDGE REPORT: ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA 2009®

ABC TURNS PROGRAMMING OVER TO OBAMA; NEWS TO BE ANCHORED FROM INSIDE WHITE HOUSE
Tue Jun 16 2009 08:45:10 ET

On the night of June 24, the media and government become one, when ABC turns its programming over to President Obama and White House officials to push government run health care -- a move that has ignited an ethical firestorm!

Highlights on the agenda:

ABCNEWS anchor Charlie Gibson will deliver WORLD NEWS from the Blue Room of the White House.

The network plans a primetime special -- 'Prescription for America' -- originating from the East Room, exclude opposing voices on the debate.

MORE

Late Monday night, Republican National Committee Chief of Staff Ken McKay fired off a complaint to the head of ABCNEWS:

Dear Mr. Westin:

As the national debate on health care reform intensifies, I am deeply concerned and disappointed with ABC's astonishing decision to exclude opposing voices on this critical issue on June 24, 2009. Next Wednesday, ABC News will air a primetime health care reform “town hall” at the White House with President Barack Obama. In addition, according to an ABC News report, GOOD MORNING AMERICA, WORLD NEWS, NIGHTLINE and ABC’s web news “will all feature special programming on the president’s health care agenda.” This does not include the promotion, over the next 9 days, the president’s health care agenda will receive on ABC News programming.

Today, the Republican National Committee requested an opportunity to add our Party's views to those of the President's to ensure that all sides of the health care reform debate are presented. Our request was rejected. I believe that the President should have the ability to speak directly to the America people. However, I find it outrageous that ABC would prohibit our Party's opposing thoughts and ideas from this national debate, which affects millions of ABC viewers.

In the absence of opposition, I am concerned this event will become a glorified infomercial to promote the Democrat agenda. If that is the case, this primetime infomercial should be paid for out of the DNC coffers. President Obama does not hold a monopoly on health care reform ideas or on free airtime. The President has stated time and time again that he wants a bipartisan debate. Therefore, the Republican Party should be included in this primetime event, or the DNC should pay for your airtime.

Respectfully,
Ken McKay
Republican National Committee
Chief of Staff

MORE

ABCNEWS Senior Vice President Kerry Smith on Tuesday responded to the RNC complaint, saying it contained 'false premises':

"ABCNEWS prides itself on covering all sides of important issues and asking direct questions of all newsmakers -- of all political persuasions -- even when others have taken a more partisan approach and even in the face of criticism from extremes on both ends of the political spectrum. ABCNEWS is looking for the most thoughtful and diverse voices on this issue.

"ABCNEWS alone will select those who will be in the audience asking questions of the president. Like any programs we broadcast, ABC News will have complete editorial control. To suggest otherwise is quite unfair to both our journalists and our audience."

Developing...

Re: BOB.gov = Barack Obama Broadcasting.gov
Tuesday, June 16, 2009 11:01 AM on j-body.org
His address should be retitled "Prescription for American Disaster".

I love how he is trying to sell this as adding "necessary competition" to a market with approximately 1300 companies already competing, and that he is not using this as a trojan horse to get to a single-payer system. As I've mentioned before, you can't have private companies competing with the government, because the government has never kept anything within an operating budget. They can have their premiums be as cheap as they want, because they'll just keep pulling tax money to keep it going, where as a private company has to make sure they are always taking in more in premiums than they are paying out in claims. The end result of this will be to put the competition (private sector) out of the health care business, and there will only be one option left: government run health care.

This plan will destroy our health care system, but will ultimately give the government way too much control over our lives. I urge everyone to be contacting their representatives and senators and telling them this can not be allowed to go forward.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:48 PM on j-body.org
One way to reduce health care cost would be to end frivioulus (sp) law suits and put reasonable caps on legitimate ones. Many legitimate lw suits have been awarded stupid amounts that they should have never been.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:31 PM on j-body.org
Obama will not support tort reform, because he would piss off his supporters (lawyers). Malpractice insurance is brutally expensive (it's costs hundreds of thousands for a single policy). Reforming the system that allows for such outrageous suits and award amounts would be the single best way to cut health costs, but it's not going to happen. This plan is not about cutting costs. It's about more control. Everything this administration does can be traced back to one root desire, and that is to have more control. But the smoke and mirror show still has too many people thinking that they are just trying to fix all of our problems.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:55 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

BOB.gov = Barack Obama Broadcasting.gov

As a Bob, I resent that title!

“Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. Nobody gets in life exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you’re kind, amazing things will happen.” Conan O'Brien

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 4:06 PM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:Obama will not support tort reform, because he would piss off his supporters (lawyers). Malpractice insurance is brutally expensive (it's costs hundreds of thousands for a single policy). Reforming the system that allows for such outrageous suits and award amounts would be the single best way to cut health costs, but it's not going to happen. This plan is not about cutting costs. It's about more control. Everything this administration does can be traced back to one root desire, and that is to have more control. But the smoke and mirror show still has too many people thinking that they are just trying to fix all of our problems.

All the administration preaches about is how expensive insurance is. People with a brain can figure out why, but most dont seem to accept how expensive malpractice insurance is. Being in a sue happy society and people having the attitude of "its just a company, they can afford it." does not allow for low costs.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 6:36 PM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:Being in a sue happy society and people having the attitude of "its just a company, they can afford it." does not allow for low costs.

LOL. See the rear seat delete thread in interior for a great example of that bullsh!t.

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 4:27 AM on j-body.org
Quiklilcav wrote:
mitdr774 wrote:Being in a sue happy society and people having the attitude of "its just a company, they can afford it." does not allow for low costs.

LOL. See the rear seat delete thread in interior for a great example of that bullsh!t.

yep, their big companies so you can screw them over and take money for them. no big deal. their just faceless corporations with deep pockets that deserve to be stolen from and robbed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, June 17, 2009 7:04 PM on j-body.org
While we are at it we can tax the @!#$ out of them. I mean it only punishes the company, right????

Thursday, June 18, 2009 12:10 AM on j-body.org
Sometime in the future american citizens are going to snap out of it.... see everything for what it really is and go "OMFG what did we do"

Thursday, June 18, 2009 3:14 AM on j-body.org
My hope is that enough people will snap out of it in time to stop the massive power grab before it's out of hand.

Thursday, June 18, 2009 7:02 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:
Quiklilcav wrote:

yep, their big companies so you can screw them over and take money for them. no big deal. their just faceless corporations with deep pockets that deserve to be stolen from and robbed.

They are faceless organizations, who have for the past 100 years SOLD you out. They have sent your jobs elsewhere IN the name of money. (While exploiting the poor of these countries as well !), EVERYTHING they do is in the pursuit of money. So such things as legal recourse hold them accountable.

*NOW I am not in support of frivolous lawsuits. (Such as some douche spilling his Starbucks all over himself...) BUT lawsuits have a place in society....

ALSO have any of you watched FOX news lately ? The entire station is dedicated to attacking Obama.. from his political agenda to what condiment he puts on his god damn burger.. (Hell even if his wife wears something nice they have something negative to report about it.)... Freedom of speech is happening.... You just now need to flick the channel back and fourth if you want views from either side.

My Cav
I give up...
i'm buying a VW those people love trees, so they should love eachother too... "Andy"
Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:02 AM on j-body.org
"They are faceless organizations, who have for the past 100 years SOLD you out. They have sent your jobs elsewhere IN the name of money. (While exploiting the poor of these countries as well !), EVERYTHING they do is in the pursuit of money. So such things as legal recourse hold them accountable."

thats the typical responce. course you say this while you go to your job and collect your paycheck every week. sure some companies screw you just like some people screw you nothing is 100% great they all have their flaws but im sorry if you in a business your there to make money because ummm if your not making money your business fails.

people are so quick to blam business for sending jobs overseas and making crap cheap and screwing the man but then when a business comes along who sells similar products made in the usa that is quality the general public goes "man thats just to expensive, i'll go over to this store that doesnt care and get it from them because i can save 10 cents. so the american company goes out of business. its not just the business to blame. its just allot easier to place the blame on a big nameless corporation instead of taking responsibillity for things we do ourselves.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:18 PM on j-body.org
Short Hand, I'm curious if you've even watched Fox News, or if you got that line from Obama's interview the other night (those were pretty much his exact words).

As far as your "faceless corporations" comment, you are simply exposing your buy-in to the liberal rhetoric. There has been a movement to vilify corporate America, and it's for the sole purpose of getting the general public to buy into all the taxes and restrictions they want to impose on them. You've bought it lock, stock, and barrel. Congratulations on being brainwashed.

What you fail to realize is that the majority of corporations have been seeing shrinking profit margins for years, and it's all due to things that relate to the cost of employees, not the least of which is the cost of heath care benefits. Why? Because of the lack of tort reform. The single greatest cost of actual medical care is the insurance they have to carry to protect themselves against lawsuits. As bigger and bigger sums of money are awarded as damages, the costs continue to go sky high. Take it from someone with business management experience, with lots of employees. For every dollar you pay an employee, it pretty much costs a company a dollar and a half. That means to pay someone $30K per year, the company actually pays more like $45K. Payroll is the single largest cost of operating a company. I've not only had to work these numbers for the company I worked for, but in my last job, I actually coached small businesses on making them profitable, and whenever I took a look at the books of most companies, they were turning a 1-2% net profit at the end of the year, with a gross profit (for those unfamiliar with the terms, gross is just the actual price you pay for something you sell subtracted from how much you sold it for) of 35-40%. Where did all the money go? Payroll. You people like to think that companies are all just stepping on the heads of the poor lowly workers to make their money, but I can tell you that the general quality of the American work force today sucks balls. Everyone wants a good living just for showing up. You have to go through 50 sh!tty employees to find 1 who is willing to put in a real effort, play by the rules, not call in sick 2-3 times a month, and not show up late on a regular basis. When you have these types of people working for you, it's hard to get any kind of productivity happening, so you make no profit.

Sorry that turned into a slightly off-topic rant, but I'm sick of hearing all the people who continue to repeat the bullsh!t rhetoric about how evil businesses, particularly big ones, are.

Friday, June 19, 2009 2:08 AM on j-body.org
I understand why companies outsource..... but it would have really helped this country as a whole if we never started doing that.

As for the universal health care thing.... I heard something on the radio about that option be voted out as a possibility today.... anyone hear anything about that?

If its true..... thank god..

Friday, June 19, 2009 4:34 AM on j-body.org
It's losing support, even among the Democrats. However, with this congress and administration, anything is possible. I urge everyone to contact their reps and senators and tell them not to vote for it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search