This is the REAL change this country needs - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
This is the REAL change this country needs
Tuesday, July 07, 2009 4:17 PM on j-body.org
Gallup did a survey on where Americans' political views are and where they're moving to.
Guess which direction they are going? To the right.

This illustrates a few important points to consider:

1) The conservative movement is growing, in spite of attempts by the media to marginalize it.

2) Much of the general public is still fooled by much of the spin put on everything, particularly by Obama, since other polls conducted by Gallup and Rasmussen often show that most people don't approve of specific policies, even though his personal approval rating is still reasonably strong.

3) Many people who voted for Obama did not do so because they thought he was liberal. Remember that many of his talking points during election season were conservative (lower taxes, reducing deficit spending), even though he will never do either of them.

Quote:

PRINCETON, NJ -- Despite the results of the 2008 presidential election, Americans, by a 2-to-1 margin, say their political views in recent years have become more conservative rather than more liberal, 39% to 18%, with 42% saying they have not changed. While independents and Democrats most often say their views haven't changed, more members of all three major partisan groups indicate that their views have shifted to the right rather than to the left.

Read the whole story here.

Re: This is the REAL change this country needs
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:09 AM on j-body.org
The problem I've always had with politics is it has always been a "My Team RULES and Your Team SUCKS!" kind of thing. Neither ideology cares about anything except that their teams wins. The end.

If Bush had been doing 1/10th of what Obama's doing now the Democrats/Liberals would have ripped him apart and called him Big Brother. While most of the Republicans/Conservatives that are currently having Tea Parties and singing songs about their country going to hell; they'd have been supporting him. It's not about what politicians do, but who does it.

Just look at Palin. She's a country bumpkin without any political saavy and plays to the anti-intellectual crowd. Liberals hate her. Why? Because she's a Republican and a Conservative. If she'd been exactly the same person, only liberal and democrat playing to the ghetto crowd, they'd have loved her.

See, I think she's an idiot because she's an I-D-I-O-T, I don't care what letter's next to her name in Congress. I think Al Franken's a big blubbering vagina too. Does that make me a Conservative? I also think Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh are essentially mirror images of each other. What side am I on? Hmm...

I think Americans are dead center really, and that Obama is looking too liberal for them because he's spending every last bit of their money on stuff that is probably never going to work. At the same time, people like Michael Savage or Limbaugh seem wayyyy too conservative for them. So I also think they're feeling like both parties are attempting a tug of war for America's soul, and that if there was a time for a third party it's now.

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 3:45 PM on j-body.org
every last bit of my grandchild's money.

Political parts need to end.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:07 PM on j-body.org
how can they end?

everyone is divided into groups

"is not that I don't care, it is not my responsibility"
Wednesday, July 08, 2009 5:14 PM on j-body.org
Another attack on US soil...

Sad but true.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Tuesday, July 14, 2009 5:46 PM on j-body.org
whats wrong with a country bumpkin?

-Red-
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:02 PM on j-body.org
Red wrote:whats wrong with a country bumpkin?

Nothing at all, my neck's redder than most people. However, when you're trying to get an important job you always put on your best behavior. Nobody respects you if you show up shirtless at a business meeting, only wearing bermuda shorts and flipflops.

Or put it this way, if you have to go for cancer surgery I bet you'd rather have a somber British doctor in his fifties than Patch Adams. Uniqueness and individuality are cute things, but not when it's your life and future on the line.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:08 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

bermuda shorts and flipflops.

thats funny...

-Red-
Monday, August 03, 2009 6:14 PM on j-body.org
Knoxfire Esquire wrote:The problem I've always had with politics is it has always been a "My Team RULES and Your Team SUCKS!" kind of thing. Neither ideology cares about anything except that their teams wins. The end.

If Bush had been doing 1/10th of what Obama's doing now the Democrats/Liberals would have ripped him apart and called him Big Brother. While most of the Republicans/Conservatives that are currently having Tea Parties and singing songs about their country going to hell; they'd have been supporting him. It's not about what politicians do, but who does it.

Just look at Palin. She's a country bumpkin without any political saavy and plays to the anti-intellectual crowd. Liberals hate her. Why? Because she's a Republican and a Conservative. If she'd been exactly the same person, only liberal and democrat playing to the ghetto crowd, they'd have loved her.

See, I think she's an idiot because she's an I-D-I-O-T, I don't care what letter's next to her name in Congress. I think Al Franken's a big blubbering vagina too. Does that make me a Conservative? I also think Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh are essentially mirror images of each other. What side am I on? Hmm...

I think Americans are dead center really, and that Obama is looking too liberal for them because he's spending every last bit of their money on stuff that is probably never going to work. At the same time, people like Michael Savage or Limbaugh seem wayyyy too conservative for them. So I also think they're feeling like both parties are attempting a tug of war for America's soul, and that if there was a time for a third party it's now.

You know Knox...reading this makes me further wish Mitt Romney had not backed out so early. He was the guy i was going to vote for. He is EXACTLY what this country needs right now. A square center politician with amazing business, restructuring, and economic expertise. He wasn't a crumogeony old war monger type like McCain was being set-up to look like, and not a total newbie with a communist agenda. He truly is what America needed and we picked a clueless media darling and qwimble like McCain as the 2 guys to run instead.

To quote the Joker...THIS TOWN NEEDS AN ENIMA!

"Formerly known as Jammit - JBO member since 1998" JBOM | CSS.net

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search