Nine months later - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nine months later
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:53 PM on j-body.org
O.k. vultures, tear away.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Nine months later
Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:27 PM on j-body.org
some of those figures are very surprising.

just to touch on a few points:
-57% approve of Obama's decisions as commander in chief, yet he hasn't changed anything yet, and even sent more troops to an unpopular war in Iraq. Yet everyone was so against the war when Bush was in office. Makes sense.
-20% identify as republicans. Good. Let the libertarians start the takeover!

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 3:46 AM on j-body.org
Its a political poll. Find me one that is completely unbiased and then look at the results. Its all in the wording and who you ask.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 5:15 AM on j-body.org
mitdr774 wrote:Its a political poll. Find me one that is completely unbiased and then look at the results. Its all in the wording and who you ask.
Bingo.

He's had a negative double-digit approval index in the Rasmussen polls. This negative index has hovered right around 9-10 for a couple of months now. He has not had a positive index since June. If you look at total approve/disapprove numbers, he stands at 47% approval to a 52% disapproval.

Republicans lead in the generic ballot poll 42% - 37%. They have been in the lead since June, and the gap is widening.

While most Americans agree we need health care reform, only 42% favor the bills in Congress, while 54% oppose. When you look at the strongly approve/disapprove categories, the gap widens dramatically: only 24% strongly approve, against the 42% who strongly disapprove.

Gallup has similar numbers:
Obama job approval 50% approve, 43% disapprove
Public Option: 50% support, 46% oppose

These are both non-partisan sources, which you can not say about the mainstream news media. These people do polls for a living, and they do so constantly, with very stable results which indicate an accurate cross-section sample of the general public mood.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 6:18 PM on j-body.org
I refuse to look at ABC and consider it as a reliable and viable source.
That would be like talking to Hugo Chavez about Capitalism and individual freedoms.

And I resent the vulture tag to the video. Any educated individual versed in the actual constitution and the theories from the era of enlightenment The problem is the progressive nature of government in the 20th century and this one so far.

The campaign promises of new era of responsibility and bi partisan work etc etc were a bunch of bull, as is the general 2 party system. This government was not designed to to have a political elite class who works only to stay in power. the congress and other government agencies have lower approval ratings than ever, and honestly there should be term limits to keep people like Ted Kennedy from living a life in office.

The Senators and Congressmen work to strip away our freedoms and Obama kills programs designed to give inner city Washington (Black) children the ability to go to a non NEA run school, all the while sending their own to elite private institutions.

The hypocrisy makes me sick
Obama bull$hits around while people in Afghanistan and Iraq die waiting for the commander in quief to make a decision.

The wool is pulled over your eyes if you cannot see what Pelosi Obama and these other terrors to the american way are orchestrating.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:33 PM on j-body.org
^If you ever watch over the air ABC's World news tonight national news (not cable), you will see that it is one of the most neutral news on TV. They bring to light all sorts of issues no matter what platform.
You go over to cable and I remember seeing one sided news on every news channel. I don't have cable no more for quite sometime, and from the looks of how there are 25 topics per week, on Obama from this, to that, and all from usually one or two news sources; then it seems to me that not much has changed since I had cable.

Also you got your panties twisted, when labeling the select few as "vultures." What else would you call breathing species looking to tear apart something that they will not accept?
Also
Quote:

The Senators and Congressmen work to strip away our freedoms

It's called 20th & 21st century American politics that will try to will lower your freedom and tell you what to do, not only here at home but abroad too. Think our history's "black list," and abroad , US engineered coup d' etats as examples.

mitdr774 wrote:Its a political poll. Find me one that is completely unbiased and then look at the results. Its all in the wording and who you ask.

Meh, could be true, could be false. If we go with that cynical view, then we should NOT be listening to ANY poll then. That also means those polls that favor your beliefs as well. In other words keep it null

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:04 AM on j-body.org
OBAMA SUCKS
Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:55 AM on j-body.org
Depends on the wording...absolutely. Here's a hypotetical question that could be posed:

#1). Considering the thousands of American young men and women who have been butchered in the streets of Irqq and afghanstan, general mccrystal wants to send thousands more off to a war that many question if we should even be there. Do you support a new troop surge?

2). General mccrystal, citing the success of the irag troop surge, has requested additional troops for a surge in Afghanistan. Do you suppport this?

See what I mean? I've had polling places call me before. You can tell after a few questions, if it's unbiased or not.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, October 22, 2009 6:05 AM on j-body.org
one thing is good is that he hasn't pulled the troops out personally. apparently when he was running for president and saying he was going to bring them home he wasnt quite informed on what was going on. and now that he is president and actually heard whats going on and hearing what is recommended he has kept them there. take a bigger man to do what is right then to just do what he said he was going to do even if it means he would be doing the wrong thing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Monday, October 26, 2009 11:14 AM on j-body.org
sndsgood wrote:one thing is good is that he hasn't pulled the troops out personally. apparently when he was running for president and saying he was going to bring them home he wasnt quite informed on what was going on. and now that he is president and actually heard whats going on and hearing what is recommended he has kept them there. take a bigger man to do what is right then to just do what he said he was going to do even if it means he would be doing the wrong thing.

It also means that he was wrong for bashing Bush on the subject considering he was not well enough informed to make an informed decision. I would rather have a presidential canidate say I honestly can't say for sure as I have not been privy to the information the president has. As I understand it now these are my concerns then play the partisan game Obama did. It just proved to me that he was not going to bring about the kind of change we need.

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Monday, October 26, 2009 12:26 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
sndsgood wrote:one thing is good is that he hasn't pulled the troops out personally. apparently when he was running for president and saying he was going to bring them home he wasnt quite informed on what was going on. and now that he is president and actually heard whats going on and hearing what is recommended he has kept them there. take a bigger man to do what is right then to just do what he said he was going to do even if it means he would be doing the wrong thing.

It also means that he was wrong for bashing Bush on the subject considering he was not well enough informed to make an informed decision. I would rather have a presidential canidate say I honestly can't say for sure as I have not been privy to the information the president has. As I understand it now these are my concerns then play the partisan game Obama did. It just proved to me that he was not going to bring about the kind of change we need.

just further proves he's not some magical man, he's just like most others that get elected into office.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search