Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY. - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Saturday, August 14, 2010 11:24 AM on j-body.org
But I am likely going against the grain of most conservatives. Although I personally find it arrogant and distateful, this is still America. The true test of how much I believe in freedom of religion, is NOT in what I'm allowed to do/say, but rather what I will allow my neighbors to do/say.

So, to the conservative talking heads who just won't shut up about how offensive and arrogant the mosque is.......shut up. The US Constitution that we are ardently defending against subvertive attacks from the left, is the same document that affirms the Muslims rights as well. The US Constitution does not protect you from being offended.
You can't scream from the rooftops about how the dems are trampling on the document, while you simultaneously try to prevent someone else from exercising their God-given rights. (even if the god they serve is not your own, and even if they are doing something on purpose, just to make you mad)

I don't care if you are offended. Get over it, and go mow the lawn.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart

Re: Obama defends construction of mosque near Ground Zero site in NY.
Saturday, August 14, 2010 11:56 AM on j-body.org
i already mowed my lawn this week though lol

i dunno, constitution or not this seems a little ridiculous.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 12:24 PM on j-body.org
The Gop is smart they know these issues matter to some of there base so they screaming about it. I personaly dont think people are that hard to figure out. I personaly dont think any Republican or any Dem cared about the Twin Towers any way. The Gop could care less about a Blue State and the Dems know that Ny will always be a blue state. So i dont know how or Why Republican would care about the memory of 911 he or she isnt going to get enough votes for it to matter.
Saturday, August 14, 2010 1:07 PM on j-body.org
What it is, is rampant hatred-baiting.

GOP talking heads slip a little further down my respect scale (and they really can't fall MUCH lower, lol!) every time they pull this kind of sh!t. I am doubly offended...once by the fact that they do it at all, then again by the fact that they feel their "flock" are hateful and stupid enough to BUY this sh!t.

The Republican Party deserves so much better.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:43 PM on j-body.org
One Hundred present Correct.

I don't agree with it, but if the people in that city say its OK its OK.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:52 PM on j-body.org
I dont' think its so much hatred as deep hurt. Yes, you have a few nutballs that hate anything that walks differently than them, but the talk I hear from real people that I run across, is hurt-talk. I think there's a saying "Hurt people hurt people." People are still angry...and there has been no closure...no real closure. The masterminds haven't been brought to justice. (shut up already John H).

Think about it.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:02 PM on j-body.org
It's not racism, but its ugly brother, ethno-religious tension, aka xenophobia.

Don't fool yourself...it's hatred. They are pushing the most unfortunate buttons of their most loyal fans HARD with this one.

Racial, ethnic, and religious intolerance is the root of ALL evil in this world. Xenophobes should not be in charge of the people's thought processes.

Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:38 PM on j-body.org
Defender of My Waterpark wrote:I dont' think its so much hatred as deep hurt. Yes, you have a few nutballs that hate anything that walks differently than them, but the talk I hear from real people that I run across, is hurt-talk. I think there's a saying "Hurt people hurt people." People are still angry...and there has been no closure...no real closure. The masterminds haven't been brought to justice. (shut up already John H).

Think about it.

Seems like my words have gotten to your head maybe if you were smart you would move on with your @!#$ pathetic life . I'm gonna do as i like here and when i want you got that you ignorant phony .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Saturday, August 14, 2010 5:47 PM on j-body.org
Okay, so my family is Mormon.. So say a bunch of mormons storm a police station or school and just start shooting everyone. A year later they say they want to build a church across the street from that location. Do you really think they would allow that? Hell no!

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:22 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

John H

Defender of My Waterpark wrote:

I dont' think its so much hatred as deep hurt. Yes, you have a few nutballs that hate anything that walks differently than them, but the talk I hear from real people that I run across, is hurt-talk. I think there's a saying "Hurt people hurt people." People are still angry...and there has been no closure...no real closure. The masterminds haven't been brought to justice. (shut up already John H).

Think about it.

Seems like my words have gotten to your head maybe if you were smart you would move on with your @!#$ pathetic life . I'm gonna do as i like here and when i want you got that you ignorant phony .

There's a character in The Catcher In The Rye, that uses that word quite a bit. Hey John H, how many copies do you own?

Saturday, August 14, 2010 7:47 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

John H

Think about it.

There's a character in The Catcher In The Rye, that uses that word quite a bit. Hey John H, how many copies do you own?

You're an american i should expect that attitude from a person like you , mind you i don't hate all american's just the ignorant ones who are sheeple . If that's what you are then i feel sorry for you .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "

Saturday, August 14, 2010 9:03 PM on j-body.org
.......so...... how many copies?

Saturday, August 14, 2010 9:50 PM on j-body.org
OH MAN, John you called him an ignorant phony! That's gotta cut deep.

On topic, Scott I agree with you on this one. The constitution which the republicans claim is being shredded by democrats, is in danger having the same done if the GOP get's its way.

What I'm wondering is why we haven't built anything there yet? 9 years later it's still a gigantic hole in the ground and has become just a tourist attraction. You can't even look at the hole because of the fencing around it.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 8:04 PM on j-body.org
I want them to build it, they have beaten us.

we are a nation of wimps and whiners.

Quote:

Racial, ethnic, and religious intolerance is the root of ALL evil in this world. Xenophobes should not be in charge of the people's thought processes.

And Bill, remember who started this war now.....

Sure as hell wasn't the Christians....

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Monday, August 16, 2010 8:34 AM on j-body.org
I have a problem with this building being built where it is for the following reasons:

1) The Imam who is heading it is a radical, who has made many anti-American statements.

2) The location has been under landmark legislation for years, and no one has been allowed to do anything. Suddenly all red tape is cut for this guy? Isn't anyone asking questions as to who was paid off for this?

3) Being right near ground zero is not breaking down barriers, it's pouring salt in the wounds of everyone who lost a friend or relative in the attacks.

There are plenty of other locations where they could build a mosque, and there are already plenty of mosques around. They don't need to build it there. This is not about racial or religious intolerance, it's about insensitivity, and about what seems to be some level of impropriety regarding how this was made possible.

Monday, August 16, 2010 9:01 AM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:I have a problem with this building being built where it is for the following reasons:

1) The Imam who is heading it is a radical, who has made many anti-American statements.

2) The location has been under landmark legislation for years, and no one has been allowed to do anything. Suddenly all red tape is cut for this guy? Isn't anyone asking questions as to who was paid off for this?

3) Being right near ground zero is not breaking down barriers, it's pouring salt in the wounds of everyone who lost a friend or relative in the attacks.

There are plenty of other locations where they could build a mosque, and there are already plenty of mosques around. They don't need to build it there. This is not about racial or religious intolerance, it's about insensitivity, and about what seems to be some level of impropriety regarding how this was made possible.

My thoughts exactly...

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Monday, August 16, 2010 11:49 AM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:
There are plenty of other locations where they could build a mosque, and there are already plenty of mosques around. They don't need to build it there.

This argument is kinda silly. Even if they moved it a couple more blocks away, a mile away, we'd still be in the same situation. "OMG A MOSQUE ONE MILE FROM GROUND ZERO!!!"

You all are acting like they're going to build a giant cock-shaped building and wave "I heart Terrorism" flags. In fact, it doesn't even matter where the mosque is built, there are people all over the country protesting the building of ANY new mosque. Denver, California, Chicago, Alabama, it doesn't matter!

This is outright religious hatred. Innocent, good Muslim people are being demonized for the actions of extremists who mis-interpret their religion.

Monday, August 16, 2010 12:44 PM on j-body.org
^Yep, that too.
With the amount of Jewish folks in NY, did we really think this would not be a "loud" controversy? From what I've been reading, other religions are being more "tolerant"-- if you will on this, as the protesters I've seen, heard, read lately have been mostly descendants from the Jewish faith. Coincidence, maybe?
I personally believe with most of you, in the sense, this should be exercised as Freedom of Religion, dictated by the First Amendment.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Monday, August 16, 2010 1:07 PM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:I have a problem with this building being built where it is for the following reasons:

Sounds like you've been loyally feeding at the "right" trough, as these are all the current extremist talking points. You never miss a chance to show your true colors, I'll give you that. I must say, I am disapponted that with all their investigative capability, this was the strongest "case against" the Right could build. It's pretty impotent.

In any case, it's a very weak case for outright religious hatred. We can't prove we are a more peaceful and tolerant nation than those of the extremists who took down the WTC...by acting just as intolerant and non-peaceful as they did. You obviously espouse Christian ideals...Jesus' overarching message was one of forgiveness. Why not stay true to your nation's, and your religion's, most fervent concepts...instead of this hateful muckraking just to please your handlers?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:04 AM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:This argument is kinda silly. Even if they moved it a couple more blocks away, a mile away, we'd still be in the same situation. "OMG A MOSQUE ONE MILE FROM GROUND ZERO!!!"
I don't find it silly at all. For all of the other places they could build, why right there? A building that has been tied up in litigation over landmark status, and they just picked that one? No one in their right mind would pick a spot like that unless they knew they could get it. Once again, there is something to be looked at, and questioned, but no one is doing it.

Everyone is talking about the intolerance on the part of people against the mosque. What about the insensitivity on the part of the supposed "good muslim people" who want this mosque. Quite frankly, I've had it with this kind of PC crap. It's always the majority who is somehow doing wrong. The majority of people are always the ones who are supposed to worry about offending. As if simply being in a minority of some kind makes you automatically innocent of offending anyone else.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:18 AM on j-body.org
i think it is interesting the greek orthodox church destroyed in 9/11 cannot be rebuilt, even though it is their land and they had a church there, yet the radicals get their way once again. Not like they need more space with 100 mosques in just the city already.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:53 AM on j-body.org
R.W.E. of the J.B.O. wrote:
ThatGuy85 wrote:This argument is kinda silly. Even if they moved it a couple more blocks away, a mile away, we'd still be in the same situation. "OMG A MOSQUE ONE MILE FROM GROUND ZERO!!!"
I don't find it silly at all. For all of the other places they could build, why right there? A building that has been tied up in litigation over landmark status, and they just picked that one? No one in their right mind would pick a spot like that unless they knew they could get it. Once again, there is something to be looked at, and questioned, but no one is doing it.

Everyone is talking about the intolerance on the part of people against the mosque. What about the insensitivity on the part of the supposed "good muslim people" who want this mosque. Quite frankly, I've had it with this kind of PC crap. It's always the majority who is somehow doing wrong. The majority of people are always the ones who are supposed to worry about offending. As if simply being in a minority of some kind makes you automatically innocent of offending anyone else.

Dude you're sidestepping my point. It does not matter where they build a mosque, because people will still flip out over it. Your point about HOW they're getting the building is a very good question that SHOULD be answered, and if they somehow got this building through an under-the-table deal then, and ONLY then, should the government have the right to tell them no.

If they plopped down a 50 story christian mega-church directly on top of ground zero no one would be saying @!#$.

May I remind you that there are strip clubs, bars, middle-eastern restaurants, and churches of other faith literally surrounding the ground zero site?

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 9:55 AM on j-body.org
Been following thread, just saw this.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:08 AM on j-body.org
I could very easily go both ways on this topic. Yes they have the right to build one there if they want however, it is a pretty insensitive, ballsy and di(k move on their part.

And for those saying that they have no right building one anywhere around there, that is historically a high population of Muslim demographic.

Again I can see it both ways. Personally the D bag that is pushing to have it there should have enough common sense not to put it there and not be such an insensitive prick hole that gets raped in the face by retarded gay elephant.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 10:19 AM on j-body.org
I drive a silver car wrote:Again I can see it both ways. Personally the D bag that is pushing to have it there should have enough common sense not to put it there and not be such an insensitive prick hole that gets raped in the face by retarded gay elephant.
You clearly didn't watch the video posted above you there^^^

fortune cookie say: better a delay than a disaster
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search