Pastor in FL want to burn Koran on 9/11 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pastor in FL want to burn Koran on 9/11
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 5:18 PM on j-body.org
This guy is a tool and needs to be slapped.
so does bloomburg but thats another point.

I am against the building of the mosque for many reasons, and I find islamic jihadis to be excellent targets for 5.56 ball munitions, but this guy really has no idea what he is doing and I think he misunderstands his role as a leader of a religious organization.

thoughts on why these religious leaders (irregardless of faith) think they're role means they have some right to do such stupid **** ?

Church plans Quran-burning event
RELIGION

July 30, 2010|By Lauren Russell, CNN

In protest of what it calls a religion "of the devil," a nondenominational church in Gainesville, Florida, plans to host an "International Burn a Quran Day" on the ninth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, attacks.

The Dove World Outreach Center says it is hosting the event to remember 9/11 victims and take a stand against Islam. With promotions on its website and Facebook page, it invites Christians to burn the Muslim holy book at the church from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Advertisement

Ads by Google
Online Pastor Degrees
Pastoral Studies From Home. Earn A Degree. Request Free Info Today!
eLearners.com

"We believe that Islam is of the devil, that it's causing billions of people to go to hell, it is a deceptive religion, it is a violent religion and that is proven many, many times," Pastor Terry Jones told CNN's Rick Sanchez earlier this week.

Jones wrote a book titled "Islam is of the Devil," and the church sells coffee mugs and shirts featuring the phrase.

Muslims and many other Christians -- including some evangelicals -- are fighting the initiative.

The church launched a YouTube channel to disseminate its messages.

"I mean ask yourself, have you ever really seen a really happy Muslim? As they're on the way to Mecca? As they gather together in the mosque on the floor? Does it look like a real religion of joy?" Jones asks in one of his YouTube posts.

"No, to me it looks like a religion of the devil."

The Islamic advocacy group Council on American-Islamic Relations called on Muslims and others to host "Share the Quran" dinners to educate the public during the monthlong fast of Ramadan beginning in August. In a news release, the group announced a campaign to give out 100,000 copies of the Quran to local, state and national leaders.

"American Muslims and other people of conscience should support positive educational efforts to prevent the spread of Islamophobia," said CAIR spokesman Ibrahim Hooper in the release.

The National Association of Evangelicals, the nation's largest umbrella evangelical group, issued a statement urging the church to cancel the event, warning it could cause worldwide tension between the two religions.

"The NAE calls on its members to cultivate relationships of trust and respect with our neighbors of other faiths. God created human beings in his image, and therefore all should be treated with dignity and respect," it said in the statement.

Dove's Facebook page, set up for the September event, has more than 1,600 fans.

"Eternal fire is the only destination the Quran can lead people to, so we want to put the Quran in it's [sic] place -- the fire!" the page says.

Re: Pastor in FL want to burn Koran on 9/11
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 7:02 PM on j-body.org
I personally wouldn't do it, but I don't care if these people burn 'em. The only problem as I see it, is that if they bought them, just to burn them, then the publishers still got their money. But still, knowing some hook-nosed Muzzie is getting pissed makes me smile. Go ahead and burn 'em. If their radical brethren start blowing crap up, there are more than enough Americans who have been waiting for just such an opportunity to make an example of their families. (Ex. "Unthinkable"-starring Samuel L. Jackson.)

You can't go to muzzie heaven if your buried upside down with pig@!#$ in your mouth.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 7:12 PM on j-body.org
Religious nut-jobs and to defender you seem like a racist friggin idiot .

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 8:34 PM on j-body.org
And what will this accomplish anyways .

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Tuesday, September 07, 2010 10:05 PM on j-body.org
I think people who believe the "war on terror" is any kind of religious war are simply ignorant. But this guys isn't just ignorant, he's stupid too... and dangerous.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/petraeus-koran-burning-puts-soldiers-jeopardy-11578796
Exactly what he is saying.

First the opposition to the NY mosque(as if the resistance wasn't nationwide), the terrorist act against Muslims in TN, and now this... There is a real and practical difference between someone who hates Americans and someone who hates Americans enough to do something about it. I think this man is gonna help move lots of people in lots of countries from the former to the latter. He is both figuratively and literally adding plenty of fuel to the fire.

On one level I support his freedom to do this in theory, but on the other hand when you do something "as a statement" that is almost certainly going to result in additional deaths (many of them American soldiers or possibly civilians) that really is going too far and I question if he really should be allowed to do this. As a rule, I support near unconditional freedom of speech/expression/etc - for better or for worse. So I'm rather torn on him having the right.

If he was merely offending people and that is all that would come of it, I'd fully support his right. But realistically we all know what will happen. This is gonna get more innocent people killed. I mean its like bringing in an active beehive into a kindergarten classroom and poking it with a stick to make a statement - the conclusion is obvious and its beyond completely reckless.

Someone should show up at his burning with piles of Bibles(whichever one his church uses), and set them right next to his Koran pile. pour enough gas in between them that he knows if he lights the Korans then he has lit the Bibles too.

No I very much do not want to see the Bibles burned - that isn't the point. I'd bet that he also doesn't want to see that either, and so be probably wouldn't light the match if he could see that one was a direct consequence of the other. Then maybe someone should throw an American flag over his Korans and the Bibles also - to make 2 messages.
1. That flag protects people's rights to the uninhibited exercise of any religion they choose - be it Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, or whatever else. His intolerance stands directly against the one of the major founding principals of this nation. If he's burning one he's burning them both.
2. Tons of American flags are gonna burn anyways as a direct result if he burns those Korans, so he might as well burn one himself.

Beyond just Americans, I could see just about any real or perceived Christian within reach being put in danger as a result of this.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 11:30 PM on j-body.org
And in the end, this Christian Extremist will only do is create even more hatred to the American troops in the Mid-East. Even General Petraeus has spoken out on this... but the fool will go forward because Jesus said so.
Watch this.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:41 AM on j-body.org
bk3k i kinda like your idea. if he does go thru with thise and people are killed because of it, i hope someone finds out and goes to him and tells them that they killed so and so because of this idiots book burning. just he knows what he started. im all for free speach as well. but at the same time if you use your free speach to call someone an idiot im not going to be surprised when that person punches you in the face. if he wants to do something thats fine. do something constructive, not something that will just make matters worse.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 4:57 AM on j-body.org
The guy's a complete tool. He is the essence of whats wrong with religion in America today, regardless of the faith. He's only interested in drawing attention to himself.

The fact is, even in many Muslim nations (such as Syria and Turkey), were he an imam at a mosque, he'd never have gotten as far as the first news interview. They'd have come down on him with an iron fist. He'd have been removed and incarcerated by now for fomenting riot and abusing the faith of his followers. They just do not PLAY when it comes to sh!t like this.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 7:56 AM on j-body.org
You picked Syria and Turkey. Why didn't you elaborate on Iran, Saudi Arabia, my good fellow?

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:46 AM on j-body.org
I picked two nations that are notable in their monitoring of, and interaction in Islamic theology where needed. Turkey's been good at this since its national inception some 90 years ago, when it established a government agency known as Diyanet . Syria, which has run hot and cold over the years in this department, is currently being most pro-active in keeping militant Islam under control.

Needless to say, I make these examples because few Americans are aware that such agencies even exist in any Muslim nations. Most are surprised to learn of their existence, for the media blitz that would demonize all Islam tends to leave these interesting counterpoints off the radar.

You do bring up a good point, in that some Islamic nations do not have such pro-active policies to keep religious violence in check. However, you make a decidedly awkward comparison in doing so: By bringing this up in a thread about unrestrained Christian violence in America, you've now directly compared the USA to Iran and Saudi Arabia in this department. Ouch.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 2:55 PM on j-body.org
Turkey?

same turkey that killed all the Armenians?

Ya, great place.

Chris

"An appeal to arms and the God of hosts is all that is left us. But we shall not fight our battle alone. There is a just God that presides over the destinies of nations. The battle sir, is not of the strong alone. Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it almighty God. I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death."

Speech at the Second Virginia Convention at St. John's Church in Richmond, Virginia (23 March 1775) Patrick Henry

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 8:30 PM on j-body.org
Good luck finding a nation within 1000 miles of Turkey that doesn't have blood on its hands. It's a violent region.

What you'd not know, because your hatred would prevent you from ever studying it, is that the Republic of Turkey is the most Westernized of all Muslim nations, and may well be the first Muslim nation admitted to the European Union. Their representative government and constitution were established by a revered Western educated statesman, Mustafa Ataturk. They set an example that the USA would appreciate seeing the rest of the Islamic world follow.

Ignorance may be bliss, but it is not a virtue.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:27 PM on j-body.org
It starts:

The world reacts

Damn, I hope this maniac is enjoying his little powertrip. He's about to have more blood on his hands than most two-bit washed-up preachers could ever dream of.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:22 PM on j-body.org
It's amazing that this tool bag can create this much media coverage.

Also did not take long for Pakistan to freak out. I wonder if this is what it was like when the crusades started? (minus the media)

Thursday, September 09, 2010 2:30 PM on j-body.org
Watching CNN right now, this is all they are talking about. I also blame the media for this getting so out of hand.

All this guy Is, is a media whore. He needs to be taken out back and beaten with a pipe wrench.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:27 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:Watching CNN right now, this is all they are talking about. I also blame the media for this getting so out of hand.

All this guy Is, is a media whore. He needs to be taken out back and beaten with a pipe wrench.

Or beheaded , it sure seems he wants that and these muslim's would love to do it and i don't blame them ..

" Mark Twain "
Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:19 PM on j-body.org
IT'S OVER!

Idiot relents

Thank God, Yahweh, g_d, Allah, or whoever you pray to.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 4:59 PM on j-body.org
John H wrote:
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:Watching CNN right now, this is all they are talking about. I also blame the media for this getting so out of hand.

Or beheaded , it sure seems he wants that and these muslim's would love to do it and i don't blame them ..

I don't understand why the Media made this such a big deal
to create a distraction
Thursday, September 09, 2010 5:33 PM on j-body.org
To distract from what?

Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:04 PM on j-body.org
Mr. Michael T Drennan wrote:To distract from what?

sorry I was just asking, dont' know if it was distraction
Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:06 PM on j-body.org
Oh lol.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:15 PM on j-body.org
Now the media has pledged to limit coverage.

How about you did that in the first place. I should go find 50 people maybe I'll get an international audience.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 6:33 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

By bringing this up in a thread about unrestrained Christian violence in America, you've now directly compared the USA to Iran and Saudi Arabia in this department. Ouch.

Ummm....he was going to burn books. That is soooooooo violent. You cannot compare book burning, which is protected free speech, with countries like Saudia Arabia who can and do execute people who convert from Islam.....not some nutjob out behind a sand dune, executed by government agencies. F-off Bill.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:14 PM on j-body.org
^^ it's not the burning books that's violent. It's the reaction brought on by Muslim extremists as a direct result of burning the books. Regretably they are lumped together because a bunch of pissed off Muslims don't know anger management.

Thursday, September 09, 2010 9:11 PM on j-body.org
spoiler wrote:
John H wrote:

I don't understand why the Media made this such a big deal
to create a distraction

They do this with everything exaggerate it to @!#$ .

" Mark Twain "
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search