Midterm Elections 2010 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Midterm Elections 2010
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 12:44 AM on j-body.org
Can't believe this hasn't been discussed yet. Post some of the notable elections in your area, thoughts and feelings of the results, and general reflections of the elections as a whole.

My state, Iowa, elected former Terry Branstad back to his former position. I'm excited to see what he will do, and I honestly believe it will be a great change from Chet Culver's spending sprees, legislation, and general suckiness.

Anyway, discuss.

Check out my build thread!

Re: Midterm Elections 2010
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 4:39 AM on j-body.org
Well, being from a mostly liberal state, I wasn't pleased with the majority of the results, particularly with the re-election of Pingree to the Senate. She's full of sh!t, and showed it well during the debates, but enough people were duped by the rhetoric, and she won.

However, the Governor's race was quite interesting. The Independent was up 42-29 over the Republican, and the Democrat was at 22 with 30% of the districts reporting, and all of the large metro districts in. At midnight, with 80% of the districts reporting, the Republican was only down by 4 votes. He ended up pulling out the win 38-37.

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 6:43 AM on j-body.org
Jennifer Granholm and her ilk are out of the governors mansion. With regard to the congressional takeover, I guess it remains to be seen if Obama will mover center ala Bclinton. Nothing major is going to happen. The R's don't have the votes to override a veto, nor the Senate. However, the democrats will not force through another piece of unpopular legislation. He's also seated his last SCOTUS member.

I read an article on HuffingtonPost.com last night. It said that the overwhelming majority of exit polls said that voters elected centrist obama and not this BS he's turned into since innauguration day. They also said the majority wanted either an outright repeal of obama care or something heavily modified instead. I guess we'll see what happens.

No matter what happens though, we've seen the last bailout (death knell for chrysler) and no more "stimulus" packages, and certainly no more teachers union packages. That free meal ticket is over....unless of course they ram it through during the lame duck session.

Now redistricting....this is going to be fun.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:04 AM on j-body.org
I'm just pissed that Prop 19 failed in California. God damn old people...

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 10:25 AM on j-body.org
^ i was kinda surprised it didn't pass, most polls were projecting it to pass pretty easily.

3 state supreme court justices were not retained in my state, as well, due to judicial activism. we'll see what comes from that.

Check out my build thread!

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:33 PM on j-body.org
RuggedZ wrote:^ i was kinda surprised it didn't pass, most polls were projecting it to pass pretty easily.

Maybe all the potheads forgot to vote? Just like on The Simpsons.

I work on Wall Street, but didn't force you to take out a loan you couldn't afford.
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 5:19 PM on j-body.org
I don't vote never have and never will but hey that's me

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved Acts 16:31

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Wednesday, November 03, 2010 5:25 PM on j-body.org
Ummmm, USAs hat doesn't count for anything Mr. Conspiracy

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 6:09 PM on j-body.org
LowFire wrote:Ummmm, USAs hat doesn't count for anything Mr. Conspiracy

I don't know what that's supposed to mean so please enlighten me ?

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
" Mark Twain "
Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:24 AM on j-body.org
At first, I thought it was odd that two particular War Forum contributors have yet to comment on the elections. Were they choking on crow or just fuming? Neither. At least one is waiting to see if and who starts crowing about their glorious win on Tuesday, bragging about how they are going to reform this, or repeal that. Then when all the chest puffing is over, He (closely followed by Grover Dill) will swoop in with a scathing and sarcastic pontification about how nothing will change....que sera sera....and to enjoy it while it lasts, because as soon as the OB is back on the ticket, the urban denizens will be back out in force to support their man.

or something along that order.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Thursday, November 04, 2010 7:47 AM on j-body.org
ScottAWhite wrote:At first, I thought it was odd that two particular War Forum contributors have yet to comment on the elections. Were they choking on crow or just fuming? Neither. At least one is waiting to see if and who starts crowing about their glorious win on Tuesday, bragging about how they are going to reform this, or repeal that. Then when all the chest puffing is over, He (closely followed by Grover Dill) will swoop in with a scathing and sarcastic pontification about how nothing will change....que sera sera....and to enjoy it while it lasts, because as soon as the OB is back on the ticket, the urban denizens will be back out in force to support their man.

or something along that order.

I read ya Archie Bunker, but personally I dont care what "Taetsch Z-24" & "Myles" has to say.

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Thursday, November 04, 2010 8:30 AM on j-body.org
John H wrote:

Canada is America's hat.

God you're stupid.

Thursday, November 04, 2010 11:43 AM on j-body.org
America is Canada's toilet. Get it right.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Thursday, November 04, 2010 3:20 PM on j-body.org
ThatGuy85 wrote:
John H wrote:

Canada is America's hat.

God you're stupid.

We all are .

" Mark Twain "
Thursday, November 04, 2010 4:56 PM on j-body.org

Friday, November 05, 2010 8:31 AM on j-body.org
Personally, I opted out this time. As I am basically in between Illinois and Florida, I didn't vote in either state. I am not up on Illinois politics any longer, and I've yet to study Florida's in any detail. I should be ready for 2012!

Sunday, November 07, 2010 11:12 PM on j-body.org

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search