RKSport A$$hattery - Page 2 - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:24 AM
Adam (StealthCavalier) wrote:have you ever worked in retail before? just curious....

And if you weren't talking to him^^^^, but were talking to me, the answer is still yes.

Re: RKSport A$$hattery
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:29 AM
There's two sides to every story and I think there's plenty of people here suggesting both sides had their good points and bad points so there's not much more for me to add here.

Brandon, don't take this too personally as I'm talking in general here.

Some people expect the whole world to bend over backwards to cater to them because they are the customer and they are always right. Unfortunately, that's just not the way the world works. You attract more bees with honey than you do with vinegar and these people just don't realize that.

It sounds to me like RK Sport was very reasonable in their solution given the circumstances. It's not their fault nobody noticed the problem for over a month after the parts were delivered. It's not like they were refusing to replace them or trying to charge you extra. Sometimes things don't go exactly as you'd like them to and sometimes stuff happens and mistakes are made. Such is the way of the world. So long as people work together to resolve them, all is well.

I've worked in retail and I know what it's like to deal with beligerant clients. It makes you want to help them even less. If that doesn't fit with your ideal picture of the retail world then there's not much anyone can do about it. We're all people. As much as people like to think that the "customer is always right", that's just not the case and really, the less friendly the customer becomes, often the less "right" they get to be.

People get mad and say they'll never order again from whatever company caused you grief. You might be surprised to learn that those companies probably perfer it that way and likely don't ever want you ordering from them again! Complaining publicly like this about something that was really a rather trivial issue really doesn't help your case any.

Just wanted to post this up so everyone keeps an open mind about the purpose of this thread. I hate to see good companies bashed over something that's really a non-issue... especially after it's already been resolved!

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search