Old School Roll Call v6.0 - Page 9 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Roll Call v6.0
Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:14 PM
ive only been here 5 years, not an OG, thats for sure. i remember when i joined, Erod's car was car of the month

Sigga what?

Thursday, April 26, 2007 7:46 PM
Im still around, like to lurk alot. Dont think anyone remembers me though, except Jason Mcelvy. I used to hang with Buzz (white TRD Cavalier), Jason Cruz and Darren. Was on a few mailing lists, cant remember em though.

Anyone remember Henry Dralle (was his company called DAS)? Powertek. Dominic Consalvi? Seems like the J-body community has had pretty bad luck when it came to upstart companies through the years.

Is Rick King still around? The OLD guy who sprayed the crap outta his auto?

What about that loud mouth, Elias Fernandez?

I dont remember what bash it was, but I remember a certain "Sexy Bitch Racing" left a not so good memory for me.

And those clear outer tails are STILL on my car. Old skool represent.

Leo A
Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:02 PM
^^^ I remember you.
talk bout lurking

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:08 PM
I'm still lurking around

...Oh no I'm a big bad fake moderator...[]Support the ORG, go Premium
Please, read the rules. | Retired Sig Maker Count: 74 | Gateway J-body's

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:26 AM
I'm still around... Found JBO in November of 2001, Joined in May 2002. Americanred, the red 99 4-door with an american flag on the side.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:33 AM
jnight32 wrote:I'm still lurking around

Always loved the cav.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:54 AM
Quote:

Im still around, like to lurk alot. Dont think anyone remembers me though, except Jason McElvy. I used to hang with Buzz (white TRD Cavalier), Jason Cruz and Darren. Was on a few mailing lists, cant remember em though.

Damn, first an email now you post, LOL!! How is Cruz doing??? I forgot to ask Buzz about him when I was in Chicago. Spitz tells me about Matt Train from time to time

Quote:

Rick King is still around, but I am not sure is his Z is or not

Quote:

What about that loud mouth, Elias Fernandez?

Last I heard from Elias was when he was parting it out after Vizzion built his motor. It has been a quiet 2 to 3 years from then on

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:57 AM
I know what I forgot. Does anyone know what happened to Nicole??? She was the first one I remembered having the Toyota Tails

Nichole's Old webpage

Jason
99 Z24
157hp/171tq
wheres my boost??
Monday, May 07, 2007 3:11 PM
still here.. still have the same 2 cavy's. Gave up or running Hornets so no cavy racecar anymore. Still running ARCA, Late Models and sprints though

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Monday, May 07, 2007 4:33 PM
It's nice to see so many people still doing mods to there j-body. Wish I still kinda had mine, but both my heath and money was in issue. More heath than money and besides John Higgins is doing a great job of taken car of the old reaper. He needs to post some new pic's and a list of all the new mods he has done on it. Now I'm into something completely different. It has nothing to do with cars. Well not real ones. I'm now into doing mods on R/C cars and just got my first R/C helicopter and today was the first time I put power to it to check on the pitch and when I turned off the transmitter, the helicopter went crazy and took of flying. Hit me in the arm and left one hell of a cut and a nice bruise to go with it. I have a R/C car that I have completely made all kinds of mods to. I have upgraded the engine from a 23,000 rpm one to a 30,000 rpm one. Also added metal heat sink over the plastic heat sink, to cool the engine off a lot faster. Put in a 11 teeth pinion gear with a finale 23 teeth drive gear. Top end speed is about the fastest it can go. There is one combo that is faster, and that's doing a 12 and 23. Now that's for top end speed. For drag, I have a 8 and 25 or can go with a 9 and 25, but building it for road racing. I have also added a lowing kit for racing, 4.5 tie rod for best corning. Can go with stock, or 1.5 or 3.0 tie rods, but like I said making it for road racing. I have upgraded the brakes to all around disk brakes, got rid of the stock springs and went with some hard spring set up. Could go with a medium spring or even a soft spring, but again, want it to turn really good for tight corning. Also went to in all wheel drive set up compared to just the rear wheel drive set up it came with. As of right now, the stock version top in speed would be 1025 feet per minute and I have it going 1323 feet per minute. Can get it to go 1443 feet per minute, but that is for just all out stright speed and corning would be a bitc----h and if wanted to for drag racing drop the gearing down to 8 and 25 and that would make top in speed 895 feet per minute, but it would get there in the blink of an eye and drag racing is not what I want to do with it. Oh the car is a Lancer EVO and of course I have made some real big body mods. I got a body kit for it, but knowing me, not happen with that. I have done a few extra mods on it and kinda made there body kit not even look the way it's supposed to. I have taken the roof and cut it open and put a roof scoop there to bring in cool air to help keep the engine cool. Made there body kit side skirts a few mm wider. Added a spoiler to the back part of the hood to help direct air into the roof scoop. Put on on hell of a rear wing for extra down force. Just got done repainting it for the 3rd time. The frist time I painted it, I did it so it would look just like a little grimreaper. Now it's painted with a camelenon paint job. It's main color is green and then it will turn to a blue and then to a dark purple color all depending on the sunlight or what ever light is hitting it. Looks really good. Hey don't laugh, doing this is almost as hard as doing a real car if you want it to be a good show car also. I'll get pic's as soon as I can if anyone wants me to post them here. I know it's not a R/C site, so that is why I really haven't said anything about this. Some of the older members knew and seen pic's of the second time I painted it. At that time it was the same paint job as I just redid, but I had decals of the reaper on it just like my Z24 did. This time no decals yet and don't know if I'm going to add any. The paint job on it this time is too good to cover up. I know I missed a few mods that I done, but I can't remember them all and it seems like I'm just now getting back into doing more and better mods to it and not just the body as before. That's what I have been doing. Now I just got to figure out with the hell is going on with my heli so I can start flying it when the weather is good.

Hey if the spelling is bad, sorry for that. Tried using the Spell Checker, but it didn't work. Keep making them mods and have a good day/night.

Jim
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:50 AM
Hey I forgot to add one really important mod. That is all metal bearings. 14 of them total and that's with the all wheel drive in the car. Got rid of the stupid plastic spacers that they call bearings and put in real ones. Makes the car a lot faster than the speeds I listed above, and makes the life of the car last a lot longer. One other mod is wider rear wheel joint cups. This also improves on the handeling of the car for better corning and control. See told you I forgot a few mods. I know there still is more, but I'm not worried about posting them That's enought for posting on this off topic subject.

Jim

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 4:53 AM
Hey I forgot to add one really important mod. That is all metal bearings. 14 of them total and that's with the all wheel drive in the car. Got rid of the stupid plastic spacers that they call bearings and put in real ones. Makes the car a lot faster than the speeds I listed above, and makes the life of the car last a lot longer. One other mod is wider rear wheel joint cups. This also improves on the handeling of the car for better corning and control. See told you I forgot a few mods. I know there still is more, but I'm not worried about posting them that's enought for posting on this off topic subject.

Jim
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:00 AM
Jim owned by the double post

Glad to hear your doin well and that Im not the only one pouring money into toy cars

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 10:00 AM
It's always great to hear from Jim!!! And HELL YEA, post up pics of the R/C Evo!!!

Sucks to hear about the Helicopter mis-hap...... damn wirly birds.

SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
W41 BOI - '78 Buick Opel Isuzu W41 Swap

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 10:22 AM
Give me a few days and I will get some pic's of it. I just finished up painting my wheels that go with the foam tire upgrade. They where just a plan gray color and didn't like it also didn't go with the rest of the car. The foam tire upgrade is like putting road racing tires on for like a 24 or 12 hour LeMans race. The stock wheels are painted to match the car and they are like having a good set of road corse tires. The foam ones are like having clue stick to the ground. Big improvement over the stock tires. Then again I have regular street tires, drag tires, rain tires, tires made for drifting, just about any kind of tire you can get I have along with different wheels for each kind of tire. Some are crome and some are just plan. Pic's coming soon.

Jim
Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:26 PM
YAY for old Skool Posts.

~OPSE

Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:44 PM
ive been here since 2003 no longer own my fire

Friday, May 18, 2007 1:15 PM
been here since 2001 myself.

Sunday, May 20, 2007 8:43 PM
OPSE (TX-RX8 chick) wrote:YAY for old Skool Posts.

Holy crap! Blast from the past. Good to see you're still alive and well.

Monday, May 21, 2007 11:36 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:
OPSE (TX-RX8 chick) wrote:YAY for old Skool Posts.

Holy crap! Blast from the past. Good to see you're still alive and well.

Yes I am still alive and Kickin. I miss My J but I love my RX8. I originally traded my J for a Mazda3 and that little bugger was great fun, but couldn't pass up a deal trading it in for an 8 exactly a year later.

~OPSE

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:03 AM
Quote:

I have not heard from him in some time. his car well I helped load it on a trailor that made it's way to Florida It needs some TLC and hopefully will be back to spraying the @!#$ out of the built 2.4 this year.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 10:03 AM
Just dropping in for the GA peeps

Mike (MAD) Dugas
Kyle (Snazziz24) Rolader
Jorge (Cube) Ferrer
Beth (Gurlie-Gir Z24) Sisk
Heather (Nopigirl) Monk
Jonathan (Speedvisioncavalier) Gay
Mustard (if you were at the pool party you remember him in 01)
and myself Vincent Coakley

Don't have the cav anymore, but I do check on the board from time to time to see what's going on with the new peeps out there. I remember hitting my first Bash back in 01, then drove solo to the bash when they were working on Cookies car. I think I got there just in time as they were buttoning it up. Thx to Karo for letting me get his lower motor mount bolt of his sunfire since mine decided to come out somewhere along my trip. Anyway I had a lot of good times back in those days with the Z, glad to see that everyone is still doing good.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:12 AM
You sure it was the Fire? I'm pretty sure it was the Black Cav shell......

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 7:15 AM
OPSE (TX-RX8 chick) wrote:Yes I am still alive and Kickin. I miss My J but I love my RX8. I originally traded my J for a Mazda3 and that little bugger was great fun, but couldn't pass up a deal trading it in for an 8 exactly a year later.

Ah! Trading in! So THAT's the key! You're one step ahead of us. My wife loves the RX8 but I don't think it's ever going to cut it for us. So for now, we've kept the Sunfire as a toy and picked up a 3 as a daily driver.

John Higgins wrote:
Quote:

I have not heard from him in some time. his car well I helped load it on a trailor that made it's way to Florida It needs some TLC and hopefully will be back to spraying the @!#$ out of the built 2.4 this year.

heh. 30 years from now you're gonna be the Jay Leno of j-bodies.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 9:24 AM
Wild Weasel wrote:

heh. 30 years from now you're gonna be the Jay Leno of j-bodies.

I think John and I are competing for that title

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search