HORRIBLE experience with RKSport!!!! - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HORRIBLE experience with RKSport!!!!
Monday, January 04, 2010 8:24 PM
i dealt with frank when i set up a wholesale account, he seemed pretty cool at the time, but really never got the chance to order anything with it.

on a side note, i'm about to install an AEM Underdrive pully when i reinstall my LD9... are those known to get the same issue??

The only RK Sport part going on my car is the discontinued lightweight flywheel.

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 3:24 AM
AEM only made an alternator pulley..............

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:01 PM
yeah i dunno what i was thinking... i meant OBX - precision power under drive

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:01 PM

Sunday, May 23, 2010 7:53 AM
so.......anyone know if the issues with these have been resolved? if not someone care to point me in the direction of a decent eco pulley?

Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:49 AM
I kept the same pulley, but had a local machinist machine down where the groove cut into the pulley, and he pressed on a hardened steel sleeve in its place, like rksport should have done all along. Its fixed now.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Monday, May 24, 2010 1:23 PM
Roofy wrote:I kept the same pulley, but had a local machinist machine down where the groove cut into the pulley, and he pressed on a hardened steel sleeve in its place, like rksport should have done all along. Its fixed now.

Yep, works fine. That is what I have done for a few people now.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, May 24, 2010 4:45 PM
is rksport the only pulley available for eco's? and then even after buying it it's a pretty big possibility that it'd have to be machined even after that?

Monday, May 24, 2010 7:19 PM
Wow. A few years ago I got one of these pulleys and the belt to go with it. I never got around to installing it and sold it. Now Im really glad i did too. At that time I was driving a lot and would have put 15-20K on it in around 6 months.

Join verbalwarfare.com

http://www.verbalwarfare.com/forum.php?referrerid=86

Thursday, May 27, 2010 4:59 PM
blucavvy wrote:is rksport the only pulley available for eco's? and then even after buying it it's a pretty big possibility that it'd have to be machined even after that?

Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:19 PM
No,

If I was to buy a pulley today I would buy a NEW MRZ pulley, if you were revving no more than 500 RPMs higher than stock. I wouldn't get ANY aluminum pulley if you revving a lot higher than stock even with the Hardened GM Oil Pump Gears. The NEW MRZ pulley has a steel ring to prevent the groove from forming to start with. The older design had a few pulleys brake, leak oil, and rip out the keyway.

I wouldn't get a cobalt addition pulley. They have failed a few times, and the two piece design

The custom car grillz pulley was designed for the Saturn Ecotec motor. It does fit fine, but a few people have had them bend and crack under higher horse power.

RKSports hold up fine to a lot of power, but fails at the keyway under high RPMS, and the groove does form and start to leak after a while.

Frackie Z / Z-Spec / RSM Racing is exactly the same as the RKSport Pulley.

I'm on design 3.5 and really haven't came up with something I'm 100% behind, and if I'm not 100% it will not be sold. I have designed a few one off designs from steel for people, but I still haven't came up with an aluminum design that isn't under a ton of stresses at stock Redline.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:01 PM
thank you for the info md.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search