Saw an interesting Cav on my way home......... - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Saw an interesting Cav on my way home.........
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 6:38 PM
96 Vert LS with a 2.4. White with white vinyl top, white vinyl interior, and only 40k on the odo. I just thought it was interesting since you dont see many cars with the white top or the white interior. How rare is something like this?

I tried to getting pics but it was too dark.

Re: Saw an interesting Cav on my way home.........
Thursday, November 26, 2009 5:13 PM
I took it a step further with mine and put white wheels on it lol
Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:09 PM
Holy jesus. I thought white on white on white was bad.

Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:22 PM
ChevyBoi89 Online
they pretty rare from what ive heard.
did it by anychance have chrome hubcaps on it?
and a girl driving it, or an older guy with a mustache driving it?

Thursday, November 26, 2009 10:18 PM
No it was sitting at a car lot. It had the stock wheels and some bad ass white stripe tires.

Friday, November 27, 2009 8:45 PM
Spencer wrote:I took it a step further with mine and put white wheels on it lol

i demand more pics of your awesome vert
now

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:09 AM
my first j body was a 97 convertible that was blue with a white top and white leather.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:30 AM
Michael Milanovich wrote:my first j body was a 97 convertible that was blue with a white top and white leather.

J's never came with OEM leather, just cloth or vinyl. The only ones with real leather (like mine) had it added using aftermarket covers.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009 7:58 AM
There were a few with leather steering wheels,shift knobs, and e-brake handles.

Tuesday, December 08, 2009 8:10 AM
my bad the white vinyl. just got into the habit of saying leather because my last car had it. my new cavalier convertible though is the black top which im not sure how much i like it.
Wednesday, December 09, 2009 8:06 AM
TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:There were a few with leather steering wheels,shift knobs, and e-brake handles.

I think those features were standard on the Sunfire verts (SE from 95-98 and then GT until 00). They came in my '98 and I will check the original '98 fire brochure I have from that year to see if the leather touches is listed as standard or optional . I don't know if they were available in the Cavs.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 1:09 PM
I thought they were available on 03-05 Sunfires. But Ive been wrong before.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:35 PM
mikeythemars wrote:I think those features were standard on the Sunfire verts (SE from 95-98 and then GT until 00). They came in my '98 and I will check the original '98 fire brochure I have from that year to see if the leather touches is listed as standard or optional . I don't know if they were available in the Cavs.

The leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle were part of the Sport Interior package which also included a lumbar adjuster on the driver's seat and seatback pocket on the passenger seat. This package was an available option for any 1995 - 1999 Sunfire model, but was not standard on any model. It was standard on all 2000 - 2002 Sunfire GTs, but was not an option for any other 2000 - 2002 model. And for 2003 - 2005 it was part of the 1SC option group, but was not available with any other option group. This information is straight from 1998, 2002 and 2003 Sunfire brochures.

Cavaliers never came with this pacakge. The only leather wrapped Cavalier steering wheel that was ever available was the Toyota one. Obviously, the leather wrapped shift knob and e-brake handle from a Sunfire can be installed in Cavalier.

Thursday, December 10, 2009 6:21 PM
Well the ebrake if you replace the entire mechanism or cut and weld.

Friday, December 11, 2009 10:46 AM
TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:Well the ebrake if you replace the entire mechanism or cut and weld.

There's no point to cutting and welding. Replacing the entire e-brake assembly is very easy.

Friday, December 11, 2009 9:07 PM
I know but some people get all crazy and go that route.

Saturday, December 12, 2009 6:28 AM
i just seen a white cavalier with a white top and white leather yesterday when my girlfriend and i were going into the grocery store
Saturday, December 12, 2009 8:55 AM
Michael Milanovich wrote:i just seen a white cavalier with a white top and white leather yesterday when my girlfriend and i were going into the grocery store

For the millionth time... it's VINYL, not leather!

Sunday, December 13, 2009 9:26 AM
sorry chill vinyl.
Monday, December 14, 2009 6:57 PM
I'm sorry, but it's just kind of frustrating when you have been corrected once already, a week or so ago, and you make the same mistake again so soon .

Sunday, December 20, 2009 9:01 PM
its just hard to get used to saying lol. i have been around too many cars recently with leather and its just become a habit thats all.

Monday, December 21, 2009 6:28 AM
TheSundownFire (JBO Chat) wrote:I know but some people get all crazy and go that route.

What @!#$ idiot do you know went that route. Please, tell me. It would damage the "leather" handle from the heat, center console, seats, and carpet from the splatter.

Tuesday, December 22, 2009 9:07 AM
Ive seen it suggested in threads. Someone asks about replacing the ebrake and some one always chimes in about cutting.

There no way in hell I would.

Friday, January 15, 2010 8:21 AM
J TO ENVY wrote:
mikeythemars wrote:I think those features were standard on the Sunfire verts (SE from 95-98 and then GT until 00). They came in my '98 and I will check the original '98 fire brochure I have from that year to see if the leather touches is listed as standard or optional . I don't know if they were available in the Cavs.

The leather wrapped steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle were part of the Sport Interior package which also included a lumbar adjuster on the driver's seat and seatback pocket on the passenger seat. This package was an available option for any 1995 - 1999 Sunfire model, but was not standard on any model. It was standard on all 2000 - 2002 Sunfire GTs, but was not an option for any other 2000 - 2002 model. And for 2003 - 2005 it was part of the 1SC option group, but was not available with any other option group. This information is straight from 1998, 2002 and 2003 Sunfire brochures.

Cavaliers never came with this pacakge. The only leather wrapped Cavalier steering wheel that was ever available was the Toyota one. Obviously, the leather wrapped shift knob and e-brake handle from a Sunfire can be installed in Cavalier.
Cavaliers never came with this package, um what about the 03-05 Ls sports that had the leather wrapped shift knob .
Friday, January 15, 2010 8:52 AM
didn't know whitewall tires were making a comeback, very interesting.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search