Official New JBO Server thread - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Official New JBO Server thread
Thursday, January 07, 2010 2:48 PM
Just went premi for another year. And thanks to Dave.org for everything he does.

Great post Jeffie!!!

Friday, January 08, 2010 2:53 AM
You're welcome Michael. The .org is mine as much as it's part of everyone's, and I just decided to step up to the plate. As seen in the other post, Dave mentioned we needed some hardware, so I decided to make a post and try to help out all of us.

Your car may do 13 sec @ 103 mph, but my car does 146db @ 35 hz.
Friday, January 08, 2010 11:28 AM
z yaaaa wrote:if each decal brought in $3 profit.....there is over $700 in PROFIT awaiting collection for the decals. $3.00 profit is more than reasonable in my book.

I doubt it will be that much profit per, I just don't want to price them too high. Stickers just aren't meant to be a high ticket item. $3 will probably be the total price per sticker, at least for the presale (a little incentive for those that really want stickers to get their order in asap). Not to worry though, that combined with the people that donated here, plus I'm sure there may be a couple more that will donate over the next few weeks, I think we can reasonably be rocking a new server within the next few months.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Friday, January 08, 2010 11:55 AM
I haven't been an active/premium member of this site in a few years. However, I do still visit this site for info regarding my cars (still own two cavs) whenever there is a problem. This site has done a lot for me so the least I can do is make a donation to keep this operation running smoothly.

Friday, January 08, 2010 2:17 PM
Dave wrote:

As for products... first off stickers are in the works, but they won't be a high dollar item. I don't count on making much money on them, they are meant to be a cheap item. As for anything else (shirts I've been hearing?) until I have some designers willing to help me out, there are no plans as of now.

Any designers come forward yet? I'm toying with the idea of helping you out, which I'd LOVE to do! I've designed 3 automotive shirts in the past, so I'm sure I could handle it. However, my poor little Mac with all the Adobe software on it has been sidelined. I even tried to find alternate ways to get ahold of a copy of Photoshop & Illustrator for the past few days, but nothing panned out.

I might be willing to fire up the Mac over the weekend, swap monitor hookups & see what I can do. Simple black for print on a white shirt? Do you have vector of the JBO logo available to work with?

Sunday, January 10, 2010 1:44 PM
Aaaaand I did do a shirt design last night, just need to know where to send it if Dave's interested. I also managed a copy of Photoshop & Illustrator for my pc, which I'll probably install today later on, so more designs wouldn't be an issue at all.

Sunday, January 10, 2010 9:51 PM
I'm going to go premium this week and I'd definitely get a shirt and stickers.

Monday, January 11, 2010 3:18 AM
I just went premium. And i'd definitely buy a shirt. StargirlM me about some of the photoshopping you can do, i got a couple things i need done, and i seen you do great work.

Monday, January 11, 2010 3:23 AM
Woot for shirts.

I'm down.

And stickers.

Half way there!!!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:53 PM
More news broken on GME Chat!!!!

GME CHAT wrote:[20:20] <~Speedline02> hey guys ... correction Premium Membership Expiration: June 22, 2022
[20:20] <~Speedline02> =)
[20:21] <+lanman31337> that's awesome, how are the donations looking dave?
[20:21] <~Dave> well, we jost got a big bump in donations LOL
[20:21] <+lanman31337> score!
[20:22] <~Dave> actually prior to right now, we had about $50 in total donations.. that is, money above and beyond people paying for premium membership
[20:22] <+capn_bloodbeard> NIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[20:22] <~Dave> although because so many got or re-upped premium, about half of that will go to the server fund, the other half towards regular hosting costs
[20:22] <+lanman31337> that's awesome!
[20:23] <~Dave> we are currently about half way to getting a new server
[20:23] <%Dennis> why not just sell your ps3, and get a server
[20:23] * +capn_bloodbeard does the no pants new server dance
[20:23] * %Dennis hides
[20:23] <+lanman31337> JESUS!

Keep it up guys!!! Dave said if all the remaining stickers sell, we'll have us a new GME server in no time!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, January 13, 2010 7:55 PM

Re: Half way there!!!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010 10:08 PM
i'll be re upping premium next weekend, and i'll order a shirt as soon as the new thread starts

Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:31 AM
I will order a new shirt or two when they come out as well

Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:44 PM
dear god speedline... 2022? LOL

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Thursday, January 14, 2010 7:29 PM
yep... i reupped 10 years last night and a couple weeks ago i reupped 2 years

Friday, January 15, 2010 3:46 PM
wow, now thats dedication.

i dont even know if i will be around here by then or if JBO will even exist by then! LOL

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Friday, January 15, 2010 7:04 PM
It better be around I'm not getting out of the j sceen for a long time even after I get my new camaro

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, January 15, 2010 9:02 PM
I Agree, Kudos to dave even though i have no idea who he is other than the person responsible for keeping this whole operation going. Even though the majority of people on here can't stand me, the sites still been full of useful information to me and for that i thank dave and anyone else nice enough to help me out along the way as far as questions problems with my J etc.
Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:42 PM
Bill wrote:Even though the majority of people on here can't stand me.
i seem to remember you in the running for the 2008 JBO Douche bag of the year contest, but you lost and didn't earn the title.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:13 PM
Gotta love DBOTY haha

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:17 PM
GME Chat User: Speedline02 wrote:
i seem to remember you in the running for the 2008 JBO Douche bag of the year contest, but you lost and didn't earn the title.
Lmfao i never ran i was single handedly nominated
Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:16 PM
LOL, no one runs for DBOTY. Every single nominee gets(has) to be nominated.

219whp - I <3 whine

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:27 PM
Wait nominees are nomiated?!?!?!!? since when?

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:28 PM
Bill wrote:
GME Chat User: Speedline02 wrote:
Lmfao i never ran i was single handedly nominated

single handedly? i think about 8 or 9 people nominated ya... personally i voted for the other guy though

Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:41 PM
those 8 or 9 people should've followed your lead gme.
Sunday, January 17, 2010 8:53 PM
the other guy sealed the deal for himself when he went premium for a month and came to AG and tried to tell everyone that J03Y Baggs was his gay lover.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search