Saw an interesting Cav on my way home......... - Page 3 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Saw an interesting Cav on my way home.........
Sunday, January 17, 2010 1:23 PM
i suppose, if u consider a dual exhaust on a fourbanger a performance based option lol.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 2:59 PM
So basically of the 2 then, even though they are essentially the same car of the 2 the chevy was really the lower end model/version whatever and the pontiac was the top of the line if you will.
Sunday, January 17, 2010 3:15 PM
GM back in the old days had basically a step ladder... The idea was that you could grow up with GM, start at the bottom, with a cheap econo car, and slowly work your way up to luxury. Remember seeing it laid out really well somewhere else, but can't find it now, but it went something like this:

Chevrolet: Cheap, affordable
Pontiac: Sportier, nicer, yet affordable
Buick: : Somewhat luxury, mild performance
Oldsmobile: luxury, performance
Cadillac: Full out luxury, performance, style

Sunday, January 17, 2010 5:24 PM
Sunfires also had the optional steering wheel controls where as the cavalier never did. I also believe they had better optional stereos???

Monday, January 18, 2010 10:32 AM
blucavvy wrote:i suppose, if u consider a dual exhaust on a fourbanger a performance based option lol.

Personally I don't consider it a performance mod since all it really does is add more weight, but a Sunfire GT sure as hell wouldn't look right without a dual exhaust IMO. I wish I would have stuck with the stock exhaust on mine rather than going with the obnoxious aftermarket one. The factory dual exhaust sounded so good.

RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:Sunfires also had the optional steering wheel controls where as the cavalier never did.

Yep. This was only available for 1995 - 1999 though . It would have been so cool if my '02 GT had it. Damn you GM!

Sunday, March 07, 2010 3:47 AM
The last half of this thread is completely opinion, who cares how gm tried to market the cars, a bit more pocket lint in the doors and a lame exhaust are things I am glad GM didnt include on the cavalier, it would all go in the garbage anyway. So here is my biased opinion --- V

I personally would never buy a @!#$-fire, and if I were given one for free , the panels would not last long, the rear of those cars look so ghey, and the stock front looks... even worse than a cavalier....a girls car if I ever seen one. Even though the dash is supposedly more padded and of higher quality materials...the cavalier one looks way better. The position of the reverse lights is also gross, a sunfire reversing looks like a bad combination of cheapness and awkwardness. The pontiac symbol is also a strike, black and red bow tie for the win.

For interior quality...lets get real, just because a sunfire is slightly better than the cavalier according to GM...it is still CRAP. Lets say my Caddy Deville is a 8.5, and my cavalier is a 3, then a sunfire is barely a 3.2-3.3. Interior quality is basically a joke with our cars, "your plastic dash is of slightly inferior quality to my plastic dash"...if you can get someone to keep listening after you say "plastic dash" they still wont be impressed.

Essentially they are the exact same car, so you cant (without looking like a fool) say one is better than the other, its all opinion...unless you prefer the cavalier, then good on ya! ha ha...

Sunday, March 07, 2010 12:29 PM
Vibe FTW!

Monday, March 08, 2010 12:41 PM
Mike Steezenberg wrote:The last half of this thread is completely opinion, who cares how gm tried to market the cars, a bit more pocket lint in the doors and a lame exhaust are things I am glad GM didnt include on the cavalier, it would all go in the garbage anyway. So here is my biased opinion --- V

I personally would never buy a @!#$-fire, and if I were given one for free , the panels would not last long, the rear of those cars look so ghey, and the stock front looks... even worse than a cavalier....a girls car if I ever seen one. Even though the dash is supposedly more padded and of higher quality materials...the cavalier one looks way better. The position of the reverse lights is also gross, a sunfire reversing looks like a bad combination of cheapness and awkwardness. The pontiac symbol is also a strike, black and red bow tie for the win.

For interior quality...lets get real, just because a sunfire is slightly better than the cavalier according to GM...it is still CRAP. Lets say my Caddy Deville is a 8.5, and my cavalier is a 3, then a sunfire is barely a 3.2-3.3. Interior quality is basically a joke with our cars, "your plastic dash is of slightly inferior quality to my plastic dash"...if you can get someone to keep listening after you say "plastic dash" they still wont be impressed.

Essentially they are the exact same car, so you cant (without looking like a fool) say one is better than the other, its all opinion...unless you prefer the cavalier, then good on ya! ha ha...

Feel better?

Monday, March 08, 2010 3:12 PM
I've seen a couple white on white verts around SC so I never thought of them as super rare. I've never seen any of the red or blue interior Jbody cars though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search