Is the ORG glitching for you too? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is the ORG glitching for you too?
Saturday, March 13, 2010 12:23 PM
A lot of times when I hit the post or preview buttons instead of doing what its supposed to it brings me to the forum list page. Then I have to hit back on my browser and try again then it usually works.

Im using the newest version of firefox (started after I upgraded) and am running windows Vista.

Dave, do you think that the latest version of firefox is causing this or is something else going on? (I know your changing some things)

Just thought I'de ask and let ya know about it.

Re: Is the ORG glitching for you too?
Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:09 PM
we're trying to avoid you posting.

spelling errors are crashing the site.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:38 PM
mine stalls out a lot. like if i click one forum but before it loads click another section, it freezes and just acts like its loading for 20 mins so i just close the browser and start over.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 2:42 PM
Mine also stalls a lot, sometimes it takes 2 to 3 minutes to upload a page. But all other sites work fine when this is happening. Guess this is the reason were in need of a new server.

Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:10 PM
Saturday, March 13, 2010 4:41 PM
IM not talking about the stalling I know what that is... im getting redirected to a different part of the site instead of the post or preview button working.

oh and eat me brad

Saturday, March 13, 2010 7:55 PM
i havent noticed any abnormal server issues today....

but the new server is coming soon

Saturday, March 13, 2010 11:31 PM
im running the latest version of firefox, and i havn't noticed anything like what you're talking about.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 11:02 AM
Works fine on chrome, fire fox and IE for me anyway

Sunday, March 14, 2010 11:51 AM
Strange, it happens to me constantly, and its always the forum list page. hmmm... I'll try running the cleaner and see if something cached is causing it.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 12:39 PM
Other then the lag, which is quite bad sometimes, there are no issues that I am aware of. Sounds like you have a browser problem, ID-10-T error, or perhaps there's a loose screw between the keyboard and chair.

And there is relief on the way for the lag problems.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about
the former." - Albert Einstein

Sunday, March 14, 2010 1:00 PM
exactly as I said. we just don't want to attempt to read your posts, hahahahahahahah.

Sunday, March 14, 2010 5:32 PM
I'm having issues sometimes with posting/previewing. There is a slight delay before either actually takes place. Also, I can't seem to get the forums list to open from the drop-down on the left hand side of the page. I'm using Safari (OS 10.3.9), but I don't have any of these issues when I surf the org in class (using IE and Vista Business). Also, these problems didn't pop up until I cleared my internet cookies cache (no I didn't save any for you guys ).
Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:13 PM
Dont make me come over there Brad LOL

And I'll try to remember to take a screen capture next time it happens..

Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:18 PM
Weebel wrote:And I'll try to remember to take a screen capture next time it happens..

It'll probably help me to diagnose if you also include the results of your breathalyzer test. Thanks.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about

Sunday, March 14, 2010 9:28 PM
IM not drinking "yet" so im good LOL.

Here we go it did it again.

About 50% of the time when I click post or preview, firefox goes to this part of the site (almost immediately), and the post doesn't go through.

Most the time when I hit back, then post a 2nd time it works.

and its doing it to me again right now WTFLOL

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:30 AM
I have had some lag and all, but whats bothering me is the PMs. I will send a PM and it wont show up in my sent box. How do I know if it went out or just disappeared?

Monday, March 15, 2010 8:55 AM
The system does a number of checks before it posts, any of which failing would kick you back to the forum list. The main one is of course to make sure you are logged in and have access to the forum you are trying to post in. From your screenshot it looks like you are still logged in, though, so it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Does it happen in any forum you try to post in, or certain ones?

Monday, March 15, 2010 10:02 AM
Weebel wrote:Dont make me come over there Brad LOL

And I'll try to remember to take a screen capture next time it happens..

I's just strait north Weebel !!!

or you could just try killing me in CODMW2

Monday, March 15, 2010 10:00 PM
^^^^Try? sure you usually get me more then I get you, but I still kill ya.

Dave, I tried posting on a different forum that I never post on anymore just to see and Im having problems there too but its worse. It does something a little different, but its still after I post something.

Its just forums for some reason

It must be on my end, and since it started the second I updated firefox I'll try reinstalling it and see what happens. Although you know more about HTML and web browsers then I do so even though it has to be on my side, let me know if ya think of anything that could be causing it on my end. (windows vista home premium )

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:14 PM
Any idea on my PM sending issue Dave? Its driving me crazy, I can never be sure if they went out or not. My inbox works as far as I know. I even cleaned some of the old messages out of both and it didnt change anything.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:34 PM
PM's are going through, but for some reason they aren't being logged in the sent folders since the end of february.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 9:56 PM
I dont suppose the PM thing could be from a leap year error kind of like Sony's huge PSN failure could it?

It just kinda seems strange that it picked that exact date.

Thursday, March 18, 2010 9:30 AM
did we have a leap year this year???

my theory ... well my best guess cause i havent talked to dave... is that dave turned the feature off around that time... we havent had as many MySQL errors since about that time...

i could be totally off though

Thursday, March 18, 2010 11:11 AM
Actually the more likely explanation is I made a change that broke it, or uploaded an old version of some file. I'll take a look at it later.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search