My favorite thing about my J.... - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My favorite thing about my J....
Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:18 PM
J03Y wrote:my favorite thing about my J, is that hopefully it will be sold and on its way to its new owner in about an hour!

How much are you getting for it? Are you selling it as a whole, or parting it out?

Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:26 PM
Tinkles wrote:That it's soo cheap to mod/fix.

Misnblu wrote:The thing I love about my J is that it's mine.
All mine.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 6:54 PM
Red2.2cavi wrote:but the thing is, with an sti, evo, supra or ls1, you will actually be fast

you have an ohv man, a skateboard is faster.

Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:09 PM
Red2.2cavi wrote:cheap to fix? cheap to mod? have you guys never worked on an old 350? starter for a J. 150. starter for a 78 camaro 350, 30 bucks. header for cavalier, 180 for a cheap one. set of headerS for an 81 camaro. twice as much pipe, for 99 dollars. they aren't as cheap as you think

truth. i was amazed at how cheep parts were for my jeep when i started fixing it up.

Check out my build thread!

Friday, June 11, 2010 3:10 AM
Red2.2cavi wrote:no. but how much money did he put into it? dollar for dollar, the others cars will always be faster. you put 10K in a cavalier you run 12-13s. you put 10 grand in an LS1 your running 10s

im pretty sure Qwik2k2z24 hasnt put 10k in his car and hes running 12s

8 psi with m62 and IAT under 100
Friday, June 11, 2010 8:09 AM
J's are pretty expensive to modify for a sport compact... one of my best friends has a J that has substantial modifications and everything for his car is much more expensive than mine.

My pistons proven to handle over 600whp were only $125 for the set including Hastings rings. Now that is cheap.

Friday, June 11, 2010 3:43 PM
Cody Star wrote:
Red2.2cavi wrote:no. but how much money did he put into it? dollar for dollar, the others cars will always be faster. you put 10K in a cavalier you run 12-13s. you put 10 grand in an LS1 your running 10s

not only that... but how cool is it to blow away ls1's and the like with a boosted j-body... its also demoralizing to them, and that my friends is gold

Friday, June 11, 2010 4:40 PM
meckster wrote:
Cody Star wrote:

not only that... but how cool is it to blow away ls1's and the like with a boosted j-body... its also demoralizing to them, and that my friends is gold

Truth,

And on top of that, It's a J-body website. J's aren't your thing? Cool. No one cares.

Friday, June 11, 2010 7:44 PM
Mike wrote:
meckster wrote:
Cody Star wrote:

Truth,

And on top of that, It's a J-body website. J's aren't your thing? Cool. No one cares.

and of top of that... LEAVE. nobody wants haters here.

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Friday, June 11, 2010 7:53 PM
the things i love about my car are how most people hate it, there is not one like it in the whole world, and like said above i can have my way with v8's lol

Saturday, June 12, 2010 8:11 AM
arrival_04_eco (green98cav) wrote:the things i love about my car are how most people hate it, there is not one like it in the whole world, and like said above i can have my way with v8's lol

or with heavy traffic on our way to the Park meet lmao! You turned so many heads.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 7:57 PM
I own two for a reason.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 9:20 PM
cheap to mod, cheap to fix, and i find some kind of sick joy in taking an econo car and beating higher end cars on an autox course.

i also think they have a nice look to them... it may sound stupid but i LOVE the way my sedan looks. i did when i bought it and every mod has only made it more appealing in my eyes.

Monday, June 14, 2010 10:33 AM
You can make 300 hp and still get 30 mpg.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 6:14 AM
Red2.2cavi wrote:but the thing is, with an sti, evo, supra or ls1, you will actually be fast

WTF? this is the second post I've read by you comparing a cavalier (econobox) to cars like a supra and STI.

You cant make a comparison, yes obviously those cars are faster but I also picked up my cavalier for cheap 3 yrs ago with very low mileage.

How much would you even start at for a Supra, LS1 or STI? lol.

Stop comparing cavaliers to these types of cars, I remeber this one old guy yelling at me saying his camaro would @!#$ on my car, I said holy @!#$ I'd hope so I drive a near stock cavalier and your driving a heavily modified camaro? like wtf?

Why come on a J site, and judging by your display picture you car looks like you beat the @!#$ out of it daily, and slam J's? cool yours may have been a POS, then GTFO the website and move on.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010 4:53 AM
The way I look at it is... I can make my car as fast as a Vette (maybe not the new ZR1) and supras and STIs for much cheaper than I can buy one. I can't afford any of those cars right now, but I want a fast car so I took a more affordable approach for me.

I'll be buying me an S2000 when I can afford it and hopefully after that and NSX with the lovefab turbo kit .

Friday, July 02, 2010 10:42 PM
my favorite things on my j body would have to be the HEATED LEATHER SEATS, CRUISE CONTROL & MONEY FROM BETS

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3062549

Sunday, July 04, 2010 6:43 AM
My favorite thing about my car is that it's not my truck (which is my baby). It's nice not having to spend $100+ a week in diesel. Having a car I can park close at a store and not worry about dents/dings is nice too. Other than that... the car sucks. It's slow, it's noisy, not very comfortable, etc. But, 30 MPG...

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Sunday, July 04, 2010 7:22 AM
Charles Bowling wrote:my favorite things on my j body would have to be the HEATED LEATHER SEATS, CRUISE CONTROL & MONEY FROM BETS

I was about to call B.S. on the leather.

But you got a caddy

Sunday, July 04, 2010 4:43 PM
i love my drop top j period.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 10:36 PM
2000 Z24

My favourite things about my J is its a Z24, the potential, the simplicity(most times) the community support on here and other places, the looks from people who love/hate it, the fact its not the 2ton V8 I was previously filling with gas....

Also the fact that it only takes one ride to evoke fear in people and have them realize these are not "slow...ish" cars, I'm not talking about topping it out on the highway at 170km, obviously not an impressive top speed, but you can make these cars dance around town with a little work, being small as they are, lightweight, good torque and pretty easy and semi-predictable to drive.

I actually genuinely like the look of the car, excluding the stock hood and headlights

but most of all...because it was super cheap, and aftermarket/oem parts are plentiful and not horribly over priced

Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:50 PM
that its been a paperweight in my garage for the last two years

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, July 09, 2010 2:07 AM
I am unsure of why I love it, but I do. I love the fact it has the 2.3 liter motor, 5 speed, and has given me no problems ever (except the air conditioning leak somewhere...) Cheap parts and has been dependable it's entire life so far. All original parts, never had to replace a single thing, and takes all the abuse I can give it. I guess I am sure why I love my j-body.

Monday, September 06, 2010 11:26 PM
My favorite thing I like about my J is working on it

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 9:32 AM
Also, a few other reasons:

1. I'm not a honda dick rider
2. the '95 - '05 Cavs and Sunnys still look better than the new civics and corollas
3. I could probably survive a front or rear end collision
4. Did I mention how easy it is to get parts?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search