not sure what to think - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
not sure what to think
Friday, June 18, 2010 5:32 AM
Hi guys/gals.
i have been a proud j-body owner for 5 years, and have done a lot to each of my 3 J's. I have followed this forum for about 3 years I would say, maybe 4. There is a lotta useful, in-depth info on here, and people hold conversations and it's prettty cool. I just recently decided to join to help out, basically whoever was wanting to learn, or get an idea, and get some help as well. I had my hangups because most forums are a bunch of di**s who just bicker and try to be the smartest, baddest, nicest, fastest, loudest car ever built. Well recently I saw a couple forums that described problems I already had, and had to spend thousands to troublshoot already. So I joined and left posts, then got addicted.
Well there is a lotta B.S. on here, many on here want to just be di**s rather than help someone out. It's so stupid and so funny to listen...well read haha....but still it is stupid. Many on here are cool and actually help other people out. this is supposed to be a community right? shouldn't we be like on the same team? You guys realize that there is a whole bunch of people out there laughing at us and making fun of our whips? I been dealing with it for a while, from honda guys to dsm guys, to ford guys ect. This is supposed to be a fun hobby, not a cockfight, $h|t I would never have bought any fun cars, or started a garage and crew. I hate that about this and every other forum, but this one is for specific people, with specific interest. So idk why everyone is so dam ignorant. Come on guys why not become part of a team and show these boys what we can do?
O yeah soon as I get some pics in a smaller size format, i'll post pics of our rides, hope you guys like 'em

Well i'm outtie for now, need to take a nap before I gotta go cook

Re: not sure what to think
Friday, June 18, 2010 6:35 AM
because like you said its a community and just like any community there are nice people and there are dicks, thats the way it is. just learn to deal with it. who cares if some kid in a honda laughs at you. if he's not a friend of yorus his opinion shouldnt matter. you complain about forums with people who just want to be the smartest fastest loudest etc. but you want this community to come together to show the honda boys what? that were the fastest or baddest or loudest? just build your car how you want it and enjoy it and dont care so much about everybody else.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, June 18, 2010 6:49 AM
oh god will the term "whip" please please please return to the ghetto in which it came and die there...

i can understand the terms ride and wheels, since they reflect something automotive... but whip does not.

outside of that... you hit the nail on the head of how forums are... and this one is quite similar... but there are plenty of people here that do help...

Friday, June 18, 2010 8:55 AM
Speedline02 (GME Chat!!) wrote:oh god will the term "whip" please please please return to the ghetto in which it came and die there...

i can understand the terms ride and wheels, since they reflect something automotive... but whip does not.

outside of that... you hit the nail on the head of how forums are... and this one is quite similar... but there are plenty of people here that do help...

"whip" is one of those terms that black people started using, then white people took it over so now black people call it something different... for reference, see the South Park episode about queer eye for the straight guy, Chef gives a good explanation....

Other than that, I agree with OP'er 100%. And f*** those honda douche ricer jizz stains, my cav is near stock and I've beaten "hooked up" civics before. The people who talk the most trash are usually compensating for something else.

deal with it.

Friday, June 18, 2010 9:13 AM
HD,

I couldn't agree more with your opinion that the car hobby, including this web site, is very fragmented to the point that we must endure semantic death threats. The balkanization of the car crazy can best be viewed at the magazine stand where each title appeals to a narrow band of conflicted enthusiasts. From the exotics of the Dupont Registry through, muscle cars, street rodders, lowriders, antiques, sports cars, rat rods, marque specifics and more, the appeal is niche oriented. A year or two ago one of the Petersen muscle publications did an article on a Japanese car. The outrage could be felt for months in letters to the editor. You are also correct in noting that J-Bodies are at or near the bottom of the respect scale. Just pull up at a traffic light next to a blown big block Camaro and see how much favorable attention you get.

Recently, I posted about the Sunfire on the cover of Car Craft. We can debate whether the car was a real Sunfire but at least the body was one of our own. I believe that a J-Body on the cover of a muscle car magazine is unusual, at best, but my point was lost in follow up entries. Has High Performance Pontiac ever had a j-Body entry?

As you suggest, there is more to be accomplished when the automotive communities, including this one, work together. A case in point is the efforts of street rodders to get special license plates for greater recognition and reduced costs.

There is hope. Perhaps you have noted the very subtle but persistent efforts of Toyota to break into the American performance market reversing a long-standing divisive trend. From TRD through NASCAR and NHRA, the Japanese are here to stay as evidenced by the Toyota funny cars I saw at Englishtown last weekend. This has been a monumental, carefully manipulated, change in American attitudes.

I do agree that, as a whole, this web site has been of great benefit to me and my car due to the efforts of very knowledgeable and helpful participants. Let's hope that this information-sharing continues.

Part of the team,

Jack
Sunday, June 20, 2010 12:14 AM
Yeah i know we're always gonna get crap about our j's, and i'm not to worried what they think persay, but i'm sayin that we (J-Body enthusiasts) need to be a group and show the honda guys and nissan, ect. that these cars aren't a joke/and that we're not retarded for fixing them, because as it was stated by jack, these cars are almost at the bottom of the list.. I'm not sure why, but some of these honda groups....man, they got their game plan down. yeah there are jerks, and like i said there are a lotta of people on here that i don't know personally, but respect them, and they seem preety cool. I was just gettin ticked off for some reason more than usual reading all this what sounded like b.s. and people just looking to get someone else fired up for no reason, adn mainly just wanted to post and see what everyone or even a few people thought. I'll admit that I probably sounded like a jerk at some point on a forum topic, not that i meant to, or that i was tryin to pi$$ anyone off, we all do i'm sure. but I wanna thank anyone who reads/responds to this.

I as well have gotton a lot of ideas on trubleshooting/repairs/and specs and ideas from many of you on here in the last 3-4years, and it is much appreciated (even though i was just reading others posts)

what issue was the sunfire or possible sunfire on there? I just recently dropped my subscription, and the stupid neighbor kids usually swipe all my cool mags anyhow so I only see about half of them...it sux, but their kids haha i did it too years ago
Monday, June 21, 2010 7:42 AM
You know what you should do? You should make a post about how people hurt your feelings on an internet forum because you drive a j-body.

Oh wait......

Monday, June 21, 2010 11:18 AM
my point has just been made, thanks JO3Y, I had a big post rippin on you but i'm just gonna let it ride, good luck with the baby motor and and low spl numbers, O and just so you know NOONE WILL EVER HURT MY FEELINGS haha
Monday, June 21, 2010 1:45 PM
yeah, but joey had a sick car complete with a lot of one off fabrication, and is helpful if something other than some random person putting in their 2 cents without being an active member for any period of time comes in and bitches.. stick around a bit a learn how it all works before the "i'm gonna change the world" attitude comes out.. you'll see, there's a way this site works that you pick up on over time, until then, expect to catch flak for what you think isn't necessary

Fire is gone unfortunately! Parts 4 sale, look in Mid-Central...
Monday, June 21, 2010 2:23 PM
HDRacing wrote:my point has just been made, thanks JO3Y, I had a big post rippin on you but i'm just gonna let it ride, good luck with the baby motor and and low spl numbers, O and just so you know NOONE WILL EVER HURT MY FEELINGS haha

Joey had a sick car, Funny story here.....His ran and looked good, Yours are needing work and have spray bombed interiors.

As for the generalized view of the forums, You got it.

But it works like that for a reason. Hang around and you will see.

Monday, June 21, 2010 3:02 PM
Are there a bunch of Honda douches out there? Sure, but there are just as many J body douches. Some of the coolest gear heads I hang out with are Honda and VW buffs. I respect their choice in a car, and they respect mine. And I learn a ton working on their cars because everything is just a bit different.

Next time you go to a track or a local meet, take the chip off your shoulder and stop acting like you're somehow superior. It's amazing how quickly you can make friends in the gear head community if you don't act like a tool.

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.

Monday, June 21, 2010 9:59 PM
christ, this again? how many times do we have to listen to some newbie whine about how other car forums and people who drive different cars make fun of us (cause we don't EVER make fun of anyone else /sarcasm).

if you're letting them get to you, you're modding cars for the wrong reason.

Monday, June 21, 2010 10:38 PM
Easy easy, ya gotta calm down there chuck!!

*NSFW*

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 10:29 PM
The OP is a whiney bitch. My car sucks. I accept both of these facts.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010 9:13 AM
his car is pretty to look at, but mine are faster, and my systems are bigger, sorry no spray bomb dick, the cars run amazing, he runnin at the mouth and yeah im calling his car out, if he didnt smash it like a jackass, ill drag and spl the $h|t outta that jackasses pos, F*** him, and F***anyone that wants to be a dick, and this ain't about what honda guys think...it's about j owners beng little bitches and runnin the mouth all the time. I was being as polite as nice as I could so I didn't get kicked outta here for tellin off some dirtydick, but now i could care less.

To anyone who wants to run there mouth in a negative dickhead way: there are a lotta stupid people on here, ones that wanna run their mouths, F*** off you are obviously mad at someone for not loving you enough, and a lot of the time you have had everything handed to you kiss my @$$. I been working since I was 14, so suck a fat one, and even if you had to work for your $h|t idk either if you wanna talk $h|t anyway, wanna run your mouth about things you don't know go for it, you mommy probably doesn't love you or daddy raped you out back in the tool shed, i don't care what your deal is, your mostly are a bunch of dicks, wierdos, and pussies, see you at the shows and get a real life by the way, your not gods gift to the world, i'm sorry to let you know I can't believe noone told you that. kiss my @$$ for real if you wanna run your mouth F*** YOU.

Sorry anyone on here who cares, and just out to have fun wit their car. sorry to those who have lives and this is a fun hobby, not a chance to be a dick. sorry to the ones who want to act like real people in a community and who wanna help people to ask the "where's my turn signal fluid?" rather than laugh at them and then act sooo much better than them. Sorry to those who wrench up and do it themselves without being mad at the world, I will miss you as i'm sure someone will boot me from this forum, o and sorry to the normal people as well for what i'm about to write, because cavi's are cool, but the jerks know who they are, peace

4G63 cavi is gonna be smokin all you dicks who put him down so bad when he decides to turn the boost to the 22+ psi mark, and on a 4G63 that's not that hard to do, and no dick suck it's not gonna break on him

age is one thing....experience is another, i'm not the greatest in the world, but I can do it, and I can do it right
Thursday, July 01, 2010 7:21 AM
yeah i have had 3 cavaliers. i also had a scion. that scene was huge but had the most crap talkers out of them all. its always been the same things even with friends. "its just a cavalier, why fix them up" and i'm NOT SAYING my car is in anyway the fastest car out there but i have beat plenty of people that i didn't think i ever could. When i see anything modified on the streets from Jeeps, Hondas, anything i check it out see what they have done and respect it (unless it is powered by pep boys with 3 wings and decal in a box graphics). I know people talk crap about these cars. What pisses them off ever more is that after one cavalier and went and got two more while they where trying to get me to get a civic hatch or Integra with two "JDM" mods that where priced 1500 more cause it had japan spec this Skunk2 that. honestly i am so so glad the cobalt came out cause they are up there with performance and gave Jbody a little respect. The way i see it, it's your car, if you put your heart and soul into it and you are truly happy more power to you. That's why out of all the trends out there i love to see the "i love haters" there is nothing a 'hater' hates more then to see your car all done up, you happy with it, and that you acknowledge that you know they are hating and you are ok with that haha. Even more so that it makes you happy that someone has envy of your car. my first "new" car was a z24 cavalier and i am 27 now having a baby in December and i'm still on herewith a cavalier and will be as long as it's around. granted the only thing we have is this and a few Jbody car shows but thats good enough for me. well that's all for now...

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

*Gone But Not Forgotten*
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe
1972 Chevrolet Camaro
Thursday, July 01, 2010 10:07 AM
i like the way you put it my man. my big thing is I've only been in an import scene and it just had way more decent people than the knuckleheads it had. either way as far as haters, thats the point i'm at in one way or another, i just cannot stand it when noone wants to just chill out and be a normally functioning human, haha not that i am. But bassically yup just finishing my american branded cars and hopefully i finish these ones before I decide to sell 'em, seems to be what i've been doing last few years, but anyhow i'm gettin older and i'm getting outta the new one every year stuff, because at the beginnig of the year all your stuff is in a garage taunting you to drive it half-together, haha. seriously though when these are done we will be at about 1/2-3/4 of the east coast shows, and i'm really hopeing that come next year i can goto a couple out west too. Do you take your GM's to any shows?

age is one thing....experience is another, i'm not the greatest in the world, but I can do it, and I can do it right
Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:29 AM
obviously there will never be a forum where people won't fight and have there disbelief about who's engine is bigger whose paint is more expensive BLAH BLAH BLAH. if there was such a forum if would have less then 5 members. i can put thousands of dollars in my car. make it perfect and there will be a car out there that will beat it. in fact there will probably be a stock car that can beat it. cannon did say it best....

"if you're letting them get to you, you're modding cars for the wrong reason."

at the same time it is annoying to put blood, sweat, and tears into something and have someone think hes better then you. MY FAVORITE ONE IN THE WORLD is when some teenage chump in his FRIENDS PASSENGER SEAT looks at you and he doesnt even have a car. bottom line if you on here sharing a interest cool. have fun with it and don't worry about the drama or haters. cause if it bothers you they are winning...

*Gone But Not Forgotten*
1972 Chevrolet Camaro
Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:29 AM

Hypocrtical much? You want to stop the "cock fights", yet you whipped out your tiny e-dick the first chance you got, to rag on Joeys car, when other than Mike's comment, is irrelevant to this conversation.

Go back to where you came from.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:42 AM
He is sad about stuff. Like Joeys car owning his.

Thursday, July 01, 2010 11:45 AM
well as far as me i was commenting on the first post about the haters and stuff. i didn't actually read what went down. then out of left field Miss Jazer comes with a switch kick to the ass. well played Jess, well played

*Gone But Not Forgotten*
1972 Chevrolet Camaro

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:04 PM
Miss Jazer wrote:

Hypocrtical much? You want to stop the "cock fights", yet you whipped out your tiny e-dick the first chance you got, to rag on Joeys car, when other than Mike's comment, is irrelevant to this conversation.

Go back to where you came from.

e-cock slapped/

:p

Thursday, July 01, 2010 1:35 PM
too early for DBOTY?

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:12 PM
Never, I bet you could do DBOTM without any problems, haha

Paying someone to install parts and bragging about it being fast, is like watching someone bang your wife and being proud to raise their kids.
Friday, July 02, 2010 2:11 PM
Hey guess what?!

Go away!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search