not sure what to think - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: not sure what to think
Friday, July 02, 2010 3:09 PM
I love this place and it took years before I finally fit in with the OG's of the place.
But that wasn't from just posting but actually helping which took the minds of my fellow Jbody lovers and earned some respect among my peers.

On the Import haters and so on, I got nothing but praise when I recently went cruising at an event called Scrapin the Coast.
Most of the cars/ trucks that were there were from out of town and you could see just about every class of car from the Euro's to the Hellaflush people to the time attack bunch.
All of them loved the Cavalier and most actually said that ' you did it right ' with the car.
That was not expected but until you build a car that evokes the adulation of your peers in many genders of class of cars, then there's a reason for them to criticize.

The other thing to consider is that this forums has an excellent search engine function in which most people don't know how to use which has a tendency to infuriate those that spent many years answering the same questions over and over.
I'm not one to complain but even I have had to use the 'use the search button' logic to maybe sway a newbie into actually using that intellect to search information that they're needing.
This is how I did it once I joined here 10 years ago and asked all the newbie questions that are still being asked today.
It's all in growing up like life if you will.

You also get to know the people on any forum over time and how they act, what to expect etc so really, it should be no surprise to anyone why they answered the way they did.
Oh and even though there's hate for the Jbody in general by some of the population of car guys, I wouldn't trade my cavalier for anything right now.
The last two years have been a revolution in how you can take a basic Jbody and transform it into something the is magical to not only behold but to drive, and that's what it's all about in the end.

Happy driving.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Re: not sure what to think
Saturday, July 03, 2010 8:51 PM
The search function here is so smooth and excellent compared to any vBulletin site.

I spent an hour on the Grand Prix Forums trying to find out whether the bolt on my GF's supercharger belt tensioner was left hand or standard thread.

I couldve done that in a minute here.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search