Are there any moderators on this forum??? - Page 4 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Are there and moderators on this forum???
Monday, May 31, 2010 4:39 PM

Tuesday, June 08, 2010 7:28 AM
Joined: Monday, December 9, 2002 . I was pissed when I had a thread get locked that I started. I met numerous local friends on here because of that thread. All because some nazi mod decided that the title of the thread was stating I wanted to street race lol. It said Chicagoland J Bodies Let's Race. It was like 100 + pages in the mid central forum and a lot of us Chicago people met through that thread. I would rather there be no moderation than that kinda BS. Nowhere in the thread did we even talk about street racing.
Tuesday, June 08, 2010 11:00 AM
^^^ that moderator should contact you and let you discuss your case... if they cannot back up why they locked it with fact and they won't unlock, you can complain to dave... you can reach him via the contact link, pm, or the information in his profile.

Usually Dave will either overturn the mod decision.... or back up the mod decision and tell you exactly why so there is no question as to why (however the mod should have done this in the first place... quoting sections of posts is a good method here)

either way, Dave doesn't want this place to be known for nazi moderation again..

Tuesday, June 15, 2010 8:28 PM
http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=454988&t=454988 this thread needs to be moved to GMDelta, or Other cars, or simply locked... its a thread about a boosted 2.0 cobalt in the N/A J-body Performance forum...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=455119&t=455119 this one needs to be locked for cross posting... this thread is also in-applicable to the forum its posted in (boost related question in performance)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, June 15, 2010 9:59 PM

Saturday, July 03, 2010 12:49 PM
heres one i suspect as bogus

http://www.j-body.org/reg/angelinabv

plenty of useless replies in maintenance, and a random advertising link in the sig

Saturday, July 03, 2010 3:57 PM
no matter how many people watch over this site stuff happens. i am on here whenever i don't feel like messing with my car anymore so i see alot of stuff go up thats in the wrong place or someone talking nonsense. i also see it dissappear pretty quick so people are doing a good job.maybe to become a new member you should ask a few jbody related questions. i dont know there will always be dumb people. the way i see it if someone comes on here that doesnt like jbody or makes a account to talk crap he/she is a loser. if you find this site hate on it enough to pretend to be a jbody fan then your the one without a life that has to go to all that trouble to talk crap to people that dont even care what you have to say in the first place. other then that GREAT JOB moderators. oh and, yes people post in the wrong forum its not the end of the world maybe there new or in someway it had to do with where they posted it i dont know. alright im done haha

2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
1964 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

*Gone But Not Forgotten*
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier LS Sport Coupe
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 Coupe
1972 Chevrolet Camaro
Monday, July 05, 2010 8:54 AM
^^^ we just went about a week without moderation...

Dave was out of town for a week
in that time, a guy was proven to have 7 accounts (3-4 of them were active), and this guy was (and i think STILL IS) making using threads. None of which were locked and he has not been banned.

there had been an unpaid group purchase going on in Interior for quite sometime, i had to email dave's phone to get his attention to delete the thread. This was after the seller was told to get a premium member to sell, and he refused.

there are more things i could list... but i think you get the point... the bottom line, we need a few more moderators

Monday, July 05, 2010 11:39 AM
I perma banned one of his accounts, 3 of them were inactive since he changed the emails and the others he never used them to post so I was not able to ban those accounts.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search