Tackiest things to do to your car? - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Tackiest things to do to your car?
Monday, November 08, 2010 10:32 AM
100 dollars worth of auto zone "custom" parts

Monday, November 08, 2010 10:56 AM
Not underglow, sorry. It's those lights under the seats.

I guess I shouldn't have made this forum. XD I'm still paying for my car, so I'm kind of afraid to do anything to depreciate its value.

Monday, November 08, 2010 2:32 PM
i have under dash led's and under the front two seats to light up the back floorboards with blue led's as well. did it back in my horrible ricer phase. i had lots of led's in at the time and it was tacky as hell. now there's just the 4 lights and they're well hidden personally i love them. if done right i don't thinks it's tacky.

Monday, November 08, 2010 4:22 PM
blucavvy wrote:i have under dash led's and under the front two seats to light up the back floorboards with blue led's as well. did it back in my horrible ricer phase. i had lots of led's in at the time and it was tacky as hell. now there's just the 4 lights and they're well hidden personally i love them. if done right i don't thinks it's tacky.

Agreed.
I've also got some blue neons under the dash but completely hidden from view and all you see is the light permeating a soft blue hue on the foot wells.
4 actual black lights hang in the plain view so that they can do their job at night so all you see is a white glowing tee shirt with no head and arms in the seats.
I still have a little ricer in me but hey, why not? Geez, if you can't have a little fun with your car then why have it?

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, November 08, 2010 6:45 PM
win.

Monday, November 08, 2010 9:27 PM
I had my friend but in the LEDs under the front and it looks really good...not too over powering, I think.

Friday, November 12, 2010 11:44 AM
its a cavalier, dont think they can depreciate much more. just do what you want and ignore everyone else. but make sure anything you do you do it right and the proper way, don't half ass the job.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, November 12, 2010 12:34 PM
Lettering on the car is fine if it servers a purpose other than stating the obvious (ie Cavalier/Sunfire). Granted I'm a little bias. I also think Dual Magnaflows could look good depending upon what style you have.

Not that its very photogenic, but it says "WI GM-Tuners.com"

Like I said, the mufflers look nice depending upon the style.

Any type of wing looks tacky unless paired with more modifications that complement each other.

Friday, November 12, 2010 2:43 PM
i can see 1/4 of a muffler's silhouette, and barely see any of the print on your windshield lol.
so i couldn't agree or disagree with you.

Friday, November 12, 2010 6:51 PM
thevilliagemon wrote:Lettering on the car is fine if it servers a purpose other than stating the obvious (ie Cavalier/Sunfire). Granted I'm a little bias. I also think Dual Magnaflows could look good depending upon what style you have.

Not that its very photogenic, but it says "WI GM-Tuners.com"

Like I said, the mufflers look nice depending upon the style.

Any type of wing looks tacky unless paired with more modifications that complement each other.

No offense, because i LOVE how your car looks, so please dont take this personally.
But the tackiest thing:
Empty plate frames/ plates on the front at all.

I understand that it's law in some places, but they honestly
look
@!#$
on
J's

Saturday, November 13, 2010 8:59 AM
Looking cool < $150 plate ticket.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 9:19 AM
No front plates for me

Saturday, November 13, 2010 11:04 AM
Mike wrote:No front plates for me

this.

Saturday, November 13, 2010 2:56 PM
blucavvy wrote:

this.

agreed.

I love connecticut, for not actually enforcing the laws that they set in place.

Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:18 AM
I took this pic...

Sunday, November 14, 2010 7:44 AM
Installing these:

..... pretty tacky
Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:06 AM

get tickets here in Ny for this...i put my off on the side of the bumper, no centered

Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:30 AM
Fake fender vents. When instead of putting tint at the top of the front windshield, they put a strip of vinyl the color of their car. Underglows, neons, etc, especially in the interior. Hacked up stereos with speakers sitting on the back shelf. Walmart 6x9s sitting in boxes, on top of the rear shelf. Fart can exhausts.

2000 Ford F-250 7.3 Powerstroke 4x4 - Not stock
1973 16' Tahiti Speedboat
1983 200 HP Mercury BlackMax
1997 Chevy Cavalier with 275K miles
Sunday, November 14, 2010 3:54 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:Looking cool < $150 plate ticket.

good thing ours are only $75... there is NO WAY IN HELL IM DRILLING into my front bumper...... not a chance in hell. And ive told the officers when they say, next time i see you im going to write you a ticket. I just tell them, next time when you do write me a ticket, then i will just end up paying it since im not going to drill holes into my front bumper.

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:01 AM
you can always do what i did; as ghetto as it sounds.

Zip tie your plate inside of your bumper, against the radiator/ supports.

I've gotten puzzled looks from cops when they say "You have no front plate"
and i get out, have them bend down, and look inside of my bumper through the splits to see it.

"Ah, well- i guess ya' do"

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:38 AM
Sticky Chrome (plastic trim crap you can get at Autozone), bookshelf wings, and vynal ( all over the body)

Fireboy153
Brady Fire Co. - Station 150
Long Live The Sunflower! (yea its not so "cool")

Monday, November 15, 2010 12:34 PM
Yeah, I had a huge problem for not having a front license plate on my old Sunfire.

Monday, November 15, 2010 3:20 PM
luckily, CT doesnt actually enforce these laws. It's more of the "You're being a dick to an officer, Guess what im tagging onto your tab"

Monday, November 15, 2010 3:41 PM
but then it would block my intercooler...

Monday, November 15, 2010 3:58 PM
Red painted brake drums, tacky chrome wheels on sport compacts who wish they were chrysler 300s, dealer rice, and painted interior trim that doesn't match anything else on the car. Thats my tip of the iceberg...remember, if you want a nice looking car...3 easy steps: 1. lower. 2. add wheels. 3. Tint those windows...done.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search