I'm sorry to do this...but I guess I have to - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I'm sorry to do this...but I guess I have to
Friday, September 23, 2011 4:02 AM
SHOoff wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:
J03Y wrote:
Ryne, report it stolen.

No written contract, all hearsay, and permission was given to take the car, you cant criminally file a stolen vehicle report based off .

At the same time that there was no written contract, and it's all hearsay. The permission to take the car would be hearsay as well, would it not? Since the source of the permission is the same as the other stuff (text messages)?

there are physical witnesses that can attest to permission to take the car.

Friday, September 23, 2011 9:26 AM
Also, a verbal contract is also binding, when there is written, text message or not, agreements or awknowledgement of said situation. You could go to court and win. I'm no where near a lawyer but I'm fairly sure if you have text messages or Facebook, or even messages here on jbo it can be pieced together and be a legal contract.
Friday, September 23, 2011 11:37 AM
Ryne Hoover wrote:Ok...to clarify things a little bit....

1) The car was ABSOLUTELY NOT driveable when sold, but Matt knew this, hence the AS-IS part of the deal.
2) Matt was told he could sell parts off the car, but the money had to come right to me until the car was paid off.
3) I HAVE THE TITLE RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME
4) Me and Matt have been working out a deal, one that he knows is his last chance. As any of the other business owners here will attest to...most of us have lawyers on retainer.
5) If I had known there was this much bad blood with Matt, I would have brought some popcorn!

I'm going to be devil's advocate here and just say it. You sound like an idiot. So let me get this right . . . You sold a car that was not able to be driven because it was apparently wrecked, to a guy for an "as-is" deal. So without getting money for this, you just hand the car over with hopes and dreams that he will pay it? Then, you tell him he can sell parts but the money has to come to you . . .?

WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS??? You should've never given him the car without any money and if you wanted the money from all the parts from this thing, you should've sold them yourself. Him having the car and playing lacky-boy to you to sell all the parts and give you the money just sounds ridiculous.

As for people claiming it as stolen. That won't work. Judging from this guys post, the situation has been going on for a while. If it was stolen, then he should've acted on it a while ago. At most, he can just claim it is a deal gone sour, and even then, it is a "he said/she said" game. This guy has possession of the car and has been selling parts off of it , and the only guy claims everything is his because he hasn't given him the title yet. If he takes that to court, it will make him look like an idiot for "selling" the car without any money. Also, the other guy can just claim it was all verbal too and that he was supposed to get the title. Again, the "he said/she said" thing. It's a cluster f*ck that all could've been avoided had you had COMMON SENSE and not sold a car for basically "free".
Friday, September 23, 2011 2:14 PM
Who spends 3k on a salvaged cavalier?

Friday, September 23, 2011 3:45 PM
Copter wrote:Who spends 3k on a salvaged cavalier?

I was saving this line, but if I was Gorman's lawyer I'd fight this on that basis.

Judge, seriously, our plaintiff here Ryne sold this guy a WRECKED Cavalier for $3,000?

*case thrown out*

Friday, September 23, 2011 4:25 PM
Exodus: I made the deal with Matt because I thought we were good enough friends. Lesson learned on my part for sure.

Text messages do constitute a written contract FYI.

And the fact that anyone would think the price is too high, that doesn't matter. If he agreed to pay a certain price, high or not, he is legally obligated to pay.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, September 23, 2011 7:21 PM
I do not know in the state they are in, but I know of people in FL that have claimed a car stolen in similar instances.

Whoever has the title is the owner (as long as it in in there name). This could slightly differ from state to state, or even cop to cop.

FU Tuning

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:14 PM
Okay, from read what I have and watched certain programs and know what I know from how finance companies work in essence right now I see things as follows:

1. Matt and Ryne have a written contract via text messages, as verified by a lawyer, that Matt owes Ryne a total of $4,000 for the vehicle with a down payment of $400.
2. Ryne holds the title as collateral for the agreement, as like any lein/finance company does. Which essentially the party that bought the vehicle will NOT receive the title till the balance is payed off.
3. On this basis, Ryne does have legal right to receive the money owed to him. Like any finance company will reposes your vehicle till they get the money they are owed.

So my advice to Matt is, since I do not know you personally and as a few others have said, you might as well pay Ryne the money you owe him and avoid the headaches of going to court over the matter.

"United by Individuality"
"If life is a joke, why aren't we laughing?"
"Normality depends on one's perception of reality."
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820803
Friday, September 23, 2011 8:21 PM
Court yes. Jail No.

Does the finance company call the car in as stolen. No.

Friday, September 23, 2011 8:24 PM
macktruck84 wrote:Okay, from read what I have and watched certain programs and know what I know from how finance companies work in essence right now I see things as follows:

1. Matt and Ryne have a written contract via text messages, as verified by a lawyer, that Matt owes Ryne a total of $4,000 for the vehicle with a down payment of $400.
2. Ryne holds the title as collateral for the agreement, as like any lein/finance company does. Which essentially the party that bought the vehicle will NOT receive the title till the balance is payed off.
3. On this basis, Ryne does have legal right to receive the money owed to him. Like any finance company will reposes your vehicle till they get the money they are owed.

So my advice to Matt is, since I do not know you personally and as a few others have said, you might as well pay Ryne the money you owe him and avoid the headaches of going to court over the matter.

what is to stop someone from grabbing my phone and texting bomb threats or murder threats or claiming to have killed someone? How can a device that can be used by anyone, especially when 2 parties are separate, be used as a legal binding contract?

Like Ive said before... I can make my phone, make 2 people call each other, while I listen in, and they thing that the other person is calling them.... If I can do that, or another example, make my phone call show up as someone else in their contacts list, then how can a text message be used....

If anyone wants proof of this let me know and ill make it happen.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 7:50 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:what is to stop someone from grabbing my phone and texting bomb threats or murder threats or claiming to have killed someone? How can a device that can be used by anyone, especially when 2 parties are separate, be used as a legal binding contract?

Like Ive said before... I can make my phone, make 2 people call each other, while I listen in, and they thing that the other person is calling them.... If I can do that, or another example, make my phone call show up as someone else in their contacts list, then how can a text message be used....

If anyone wants proof of this let me know and ill make it happen.

While a valid point, the courts have stated in other cases, according to my lawyer, that if 1) there is a contract made via text messages AND 2) there are people to testify that such a contract was made between the 2 parties involved in the case, the text messages shall constitute a legal written contract.

In this case, 2 people helped transport the car and would be the witnesses as to who took receipt of the car, that being Matt. That fulfills both requirements of the court ruling. The texts on their own are the contract, but the other parties are the legal witnesses needed to execute said contract.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:17 AM
Contract.

Hence the Civil suit and not criminal suit.

Saturday, September 24, 2011 8:26 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:Contract.

Hence the Civil suit and not criminal suit.

Yes

Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:23 AM
but reporting it stolen would be a Criminal side of things.

So it wouldn't be GTA.

It would be "Damn it Gorman, gimmie some monies"

Saturday, September 24, 2011 2:44 PM
id show up and beat him with a bat gangsta style , he really needs his head cracked in

Saturday, September 24, 2011 9:44 PM
IF i was going to @!#$ anybody over and just not pay, why would i even bother trying to do anything?
i would disappear off the face of the earth, to never be in contact again, not bother even sending what money i sent.
or even put money in the car.
The situation will be handled one way or another.
when i got the car. It was known i had no money nor job. i was pretty much trying to help him not get @!#$ on scrapping the car and getting no money out of it what so ever.
seemed like a good value at the time, but with the situation at hand, yes, i OWE ryne money for the car.. will i pay him, yes. no income so i am working on selling my parts to send him the cash.
I did @!#$ up and get ahead of myself on it to try and get it running before summer was over, which pretty much ducked myself for giving him cash.
as far as roofys money he can go @!#$ himself, as im not going to pay for that pissing pile of @!#$ fmu you pawned off on my for 75$. go off yourself.
and Brad, you will be payed, my mistake for trying to pay somebody the money i owe you, so that they can pay you via there paypal.
figured that i never heard back from you that you were paid. i am sorry.
Other than the 4 people in this thread that actually know whats going on can zip there @!#$.
nobody is going to come over and try to even remotley touch me.
Thanks for your concern.

Built&Boosted moar
04 Cavalier Turbo r.i.p my baby
2nd place 2009 GM tuner bash qwick 8--holla

Saturday, September 24, 2011 10:56 PM
Lol hostile much? Not very mature to come on and curse everyone out.
Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:04 PM
Matt Gorman(Ballsdeepinboost) wrote:
Other than the 4 people in this thread that actually know whats going on can zip there @!#$.

So people here are actually defending you idiot . . . Way to be a dildo.

Keep up your money-scamming BS and you WILL have to worry about someone touching you. And it's not going to be pleasant.

Douchebag . . .
Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:12 PM
scamming? ha
hostile? not at all.
not worried about anything, other than paying ryne and brad his/there money.
im well aware at the people defending me, and i am appreciative of there help, they know who they are.
go right ahead and call me whatever you like, your freedom of speech on the interwebz.

Built&Boosted moar

Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:41 PM
Matt Gorman(Ballsdeepinboost) wrote:IF i was going to @!#$ anybody over and just not pay, why would i even bother trying to do anything?
i would disappear off the face of the earth, to never be in contact again, not bother even sending what money i sent.
or even put money in the car.
The situation will be handled one way or another.
when i got the car. It was known i had no money nor job. i was pretty much trying to help him not get @!#$ on scrapping the car and getting no money out of it what so ever.
seemed like a good value at the time, but with the situation at hand, yes, i OWE ryne money for the car.. will i pay him, yes. no income so i am working on selling my parts to send him the cash.
I did @!#$ up and get ahead of myself on it to try and get it running before summer was over, which pretty much ducked myself for giving him cash.
as far as roofys money he can go @!#$ himself, as im not going to pay for that pissing pile of @!#$ fmu you pawned off on my for 75$. go off yourself.
and Brad, you will be payed, my mistake for trying to pay somebody the money i owe you, so that they can pay you via there paypal.
figured that i never heard back from you that you were paid. i am sorry.
Thanks for your concern.

Confused as to why you would get in over your head with something you could not afford to pay for up front would turn out to be a loss? Next question. How could you not afford to pay for this car but yet pick up a car off of ben? Is this car also not payed for?

I think the reason some people are upset by this is, that you have been around and seemed to be a half way decent person so people let you slide or feel bad and try to help you out. Then they feel slapped in the face when you don't hold up your end of the deal up and find out the others are in the same situation in dealing with you.

Personally I would pick the car back up from you and then sue you for missing parts and damages. That way I would have some losses recovered and not being out the full $3600+ knowing you have no income and no way to pay. I would like to see you take care of this problem, but it is all in your hands.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:02 AM
Fatt Gorman wrote:as far as roofys money he can go @!#$ himself, as im not going to pay for that pissing pile of @!#$ fmu you pawned off on my for 75$. go off yourself

Dude, I don't know WTF your problem is, or whatever I did to you, but you are a worthless pile of $#!7. I sold you a genuine BEGI FMU for $80. That is literally THE BEST FMU that you can even purchase. Hahn Racecraft even used it with their kits. Now, mind you I paid $200 for it, and when I decided to go with HPT instead I was trying to sell it for $150, since it was BRAND NEW, STILL IN THE DAMN PACKAGE. You literally begged me to sell it to you for $80. And when I agreed, you flipped me a 20 and said you'd have the rest for me after the Car Show. Since you mysteriously became scarce to me after that, once the Bash was over I messaged you and you said that you would Paypal me the other $60. I never saw it.

Like I said I dunno WTF happened and why you changed your opinion, but if you dont like it and it's just a POS to you, send the bastard back to me. Unless of course you sold it to someone else and kept the money......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:37 AM

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, September 25, 2011 12:28 AM
Brian Groza wrote:Lol hostile much? Not very mature to come on and curse everyone out.

I would be too if people like you had no idea of the full situation and came in acting like you knew what was going on.

Sunday, September 25, 2011 4:48 AM
blackbirdracing wrote:Court yes. Jail No.

Does the finance company call the car in as stolen. No.

The finance company will repo the car. Sell it at auction for less than you owe on it. Then take you to court and garnish your wages til they get the remainder that they're owed.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:46 AM
MRThompson (jrthompson) wrote:Confused as to why you would get in over your head with something you could not afford to pay for up front would turn out to be a loss? Next question. How could you not afford to pay for this car but yet pick up a car off of ben? Is this car also not payed for?

I think the reason some people are upset by this is, that you have been around and seemed to be a half way decent person so people let you slide or feel bad and try to help you out. Then they feel slapped in the face when you don't hold up your end of the deal up and find out the others are in the same situation in dealing with you.

Personally I would pick the car back up from you and then sue you for missing parts and damages. That way I would have some losses recovered and not being out the full $3600+ knowing you have no income and no way to pay. I would like to see you take care of this problem, but it is all in your hands.

i needed a vehicle to drive in the meantime, so i had to borrow money to get bens car.
bens car is/.has been sitting in the yard for the past few weeks undrivable aswell.
which is why im selling parts off it to pay ryne.
its been a very @!#$ up year, and ill i want to do is just pay it off and be done. period.

Built&Boosted moar

Sunday, September 25, 2011 9:52 AM
matt- thanks for at least letting me know whats going on. that goes a long way. i didnt want to say anything here as i think ur a good person i just saw no other alternative.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search