AWD subaru sunfire - Page 2 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: AWD subaru sunfire
Saturday, September 01, 2012 7:34 PM
did they offer the awd eco vue? i was pretty sure it was only 3400 or 3500. hmm,,,,,,,,

Monday, September 03, 2012 4:44 AM
Grayscale wrote: One of the V-6 swappers on the site might be able to say weather that's a good option for a v-6 swap in the 3-gen J. Or, I could stop being lazy and do a few more seconds of research.

SHOoff wrote:I looked into using GM stuff. Some of the minivans have AWD (i think they're using a 4t45e trans).

But really, when you get real far into it..... why not just buy an AWD car and drive that?

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:29 PM
Grayscale wrote:I threw the idea around in my head once or twice. I was considering using a Jegsters RWD chassis kit and just retaining the FWD front suspention, mounts etc, the other 'Fun' part would be the Trans. Might be able to snag one out of the sister car to the new Regal. I has an AWD version and that transmission might be willing to have an Eco bolted to it. Then again, at that point I'd just buy a 5 year old Evo or Impreza would be much easier.

I miss my Cavalier, even if it made 100 hp on a cold day and had more suspension then it deserved.
Thursday, September 06, 2012 6:13 AM
Grayscale wrote:
Grayscale wrote:I threw the idea around in my head once or twice. I was considering using a Jegsters RWD chassis kit and just retaining the FWD front suspention, mounts etc, the other 'Fun' part would be the Trans. Might be able to snag one out of the sister car to the new Regal. I has an AWD version and that transmission might be willing to have an Eco bolted to it.Then again, at that point I'd just buy a 5 year old Evo or Impreza would be much easier.

Since we are just highlighting previous posts.

-I drive my car to work-
Sunday, November 25, 2012 4:58 PM
This is a interesting topic,

I just finished getting project HELL FIRE running just need body work and 1 last thing,

2000 Grand Am ram air body full front clip
Grand am front brakes, hubs, control arms
Rear IRS conversion (done right) other guys set ups are not strong at all mine is
GTZ HO 2.3 5speed
OBD1 harness head to tail light
Cobolt lnf exhaust and fuel pump with a regulator
impala heavy duty bearings all round
GTP bbs style rims
list go's on

I sold the lnf engine so that never happened sorry if any one wanted to see that.

*ADVERTISING REMOVED*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 27, 2012 12:32 PM
Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:35 PM
So no pics?...what's with the copy and paste on differet topics?

Sunday, November 25, 2012 7:44 PM
I'll be posting pics of the car in the following day's

So every one can see what car looks like now and during the creation of the AWD set up

Mostly the front and rear subframe work so every one can do there own prep work if there going to buy the kit unless i include full sub frames, keeping a little info for our company's use only thou
Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:37 AM
so?.....waiting for these pics

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 4:35 PM
I wanna bump this one.. And find out if there were ever any results from this thread.. Pictures?? Build status?? Please, something!!
Tuesday, February 11, 2014 6:54 PM
Check here and here

Saturday, February 15, 2014 11:27 AM
Yeah I've read both of those threads.. The one that they actually get some good information intrigued me.. I was just curious if this person ever got around to doing the Subaru/cavalier idea. I was just wanting to see some progress, instead of another lost idea that a lot of people seem to have

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search