Old School Check-in - Page 26 - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Old School Check-in
Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:17 PM
The one I have is a 4-2-1 style. I don’t have the 2-1 part but if you are willing to pay for shipping it’s yours! Once all this covid-19 crap is over I should say.

Thursday, April 16, 2020 3:20 PM
Also have a old 96”z24 intake manifold and a 99”z24 ECU M/T someone can have, just need to pay shipping.
Friday, April 17, 2020 7:18 AM
There are still a good amount of people that would probably take you up on those offers.

DRIVING FORCE FABRICATIONS

Sunday, May 03, 2020 12:15 PM
I'm still here (J TO ENVY)! I stumbled upon my former 02 ECO Sunfire GT for sale on Craig's List back at the end of January 2017. I drove about 500 miles and 13 hours round trip in one day to buy it back after having sold it in June 2008. I have been very slowly working on restoring it and may be buying an 02 Flame Yellow ECO GT parts car in the very near future!

Sunday, May 03, 2020 1:26 PM
Carrie glad to see you got it back.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Sunday, May 03, 2020 3:04 PM
Very cool you managed to track it down.

I refuse to let Satch out of my sight, and I say this whole sitting in it cleaning up some wiring.

Wednesday, May 06, 2020 6:10 PM
Thanks guys! I thought for sure it would have been long totaled or rotting away in a junkyard somewhere! I was shocked to find it after 8.5 years! It still doesn't seem real!

I did end up getting the parts car for $500.00 today! I'll be using it to turn my GT back into an official GT by swapping the wheels (mine is currently sitting on 14" steelies) and the leather steering wheel, shift knob and e-brake handle (I swapped them over to my Sedan like a dumbass!). Plus some other miscellaneous bits and pieces. Then, I'm going to sell it to a local junkyard ASAP.

If anyone has any tips or tricks for swapping steering wheels and/or e-brake handles, I'd really appreciate it. I'm a little leery about these two things, especially the steering wheel (airbag). Thanks in advance!

Thursday, May 07, 2020 3:47 AM
Steering wheel is easy, parking brake handle can be a bit fiddly.

Airbags aren't all that bad, just a few connectors and done.

Sunday, May 17, 2020 6:20 PM
From what I've seen on here, the e-brake is a lot easier if you disconnect it under the rear end, correct?

Monday, May 18, 2020 7:09 AM
Yeah, doing that you wont be fighting the drum tension.

Thursday, May 28, 2020 2:38 AM
wow, registered in 2001. I guess that's not old school enough though. lol

I mostly lurked back in my JBO days. Nice to see so many familiar names!

2000 2200 Cavalier: 9/14/2000--10/23/2006
2007 G85 SS S/C: 10/23/2006--Present
Vote for me at Motortopia.com! Thanks!

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 6:58 AM
I came here in 2013 but still around and on my 23rs cavalier with 3 in the driveway and another coming next week. Last thing i need but won't find is full trd kit and i will be done, til it breaks again hahahaha
Attachments
FB_IMG_1542212558671.jpg (33k)

Tuesday, July 07, 2020 11:52 PM
Ah, I see the list growing a bit more every day.... :-)

Down to one Cav now- at least she’s doing well. Kid mind want it as his first car......

Like the idea of being here over FacePalm........

http://www.autorentalandsales.com/images/2004Cavalier005.JPG
Friday, July 10, 2020 3:20 AM
We never really stay gone, just away for long periods of time it seems lol

Friday, July 10, 2020 3:32 AM
I agree with Jeff.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, July 10, 2020 4:08 AM
A wise choice my friend.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:27 PM
Jeffie @ Driving Force Fabs wrote:More old folks coming out of hiding!

You still living down south?

I'm stationed in New Jersey now

Thursday, July 23, 2020 3:01 AM
Gary Oxley (TwiztedJ) wrote:
Jeffie @ Driving Force Fabs wrote:More old folks coming out of hiding!

You still living down south?

I'm stationed in New Jersey now

Well how about that, another jersey transplant. Where you stationed?

Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:58 PM
Still got the Sunfire. 12 years post 3400 swap and still haven't dialed in the wiring properly.

Engine pukes coolant, decel RPM is crap, mice got in the trunk sometime while it was in storage... Desperately needs an oil change and clutch (and a proper lower engine mount)

But it fairs better than my Trailblazer, despite the issues, which developed a tick of death then finally quit.

Planning a redo at some point with a fresh shell except time and space are at a premium right now.

Friday, July 31, 2020 3:32 AM
I expect to be kept in the loop whenever this rebuild comes about.

And post up some pictures of the poor thing,I'll play motivator lol

Saturday, August 01, 2020 1:47 AM
Jeffie @ Driving Force Fabs wrote:I expect to be kept in the loop whenever this rebuild comes about.

You know it. Main hurdle is finding a proper year range donor coupe in/near Seattle with a manual trans & LN2 that doesn't have a beat to hell exterior. Paint I can deal with... Major body damage? Nope. As time goes on, they become less and less.

Preferably a VIN 4 vert... They exist, just very very rare.

Worst case, I gut and burn the entire interior of mine, bleach the devil out of the metal and piece it all back together with new (aftermarket) stuffs.

Quote:

And post up some pictures of the poor thing,I'll play motivator lol

2016 (Lighting is a bit off bc trees, time of day and lousy camera on that particular phone), but not much changed since I went inactive here and today except the stickers are gone and it's a little dirty from being a daily till I can replace my truck... Body is still (mostly) straight (shallow dent behind the driver's door and a couple parking lot love kisses), paint is peeling a bit on the c pillars and trunk filler panel. Hood never fit right (has a bow in the middle but fits fine at the hinges/headlights) and is yellowing, speedo stopped working but I know speeds by RPM... I'm going to forego showing the trunk interior cause it's that bad

Just need to pick a solid direction and go with it so this doesn't turn in to a $20k money pit pt. 2 lol

Sunday, September 06, 2020 4:56 PM
Wow. I can’t believe this place is still around.

I used to go by IncubusGt but everyone called me Inky for short. Left the org a long after I got rid of my cavy.

Now I’m Rocking a 2013 F-150 STX and looking to upgrade to a 17 F-150 XLT.

Crazy to see some of the old guys still on here.

How’s everyone been? Is KOTL Still around?
Sunday, September 06, 2020 5:05 PM
Hey man. How’s life been?
Sunday, September 06, 2020 5:06 PM
Old School Here lol. Back when I had my 97 Cavy Convertible and 02 Sedan. Joined back in 2003. Wow it's been a while. Can't believe this site is still here! That's awesome.

Great to see some old names lol.

~*~ <3 You know I would ride for you, Situation gets real I would die for you, Step up in a courtroom and lie for you, Blast a B*tch to the sky for you <3 ~*~
Sunday, September 06, 2020 5:12 PM
I'll repost with this because this was my actual user info back then, lol. Used to be (Cathy with the GrandAmGT)

Man this is awesome memories.

Cathy
02 Cavalier Sedan
97 Z24 Cavy Convertible
NJ, Jersey Js
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search