car wants to die in cold weather but is fine in warm weather?? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
car wants to die in cold weather but is fine in warm weather??
Saturday, May 03, 2008 12:27 AM
just wondering if you guys have any ideas.... This past winter my car ran like @!#$ at idle... and would die almost every time i came to a stop. which was in -10 to -25 degree weather.. but now that its warmer (around 15 to 20) it wont .. well wont as much.. there still is the few times when it misses and with the aluminum spec fly wheel most times it doesn't have the rotating mass to keep going but for the most part it idles so much smoother in warmer weather.. Any one have any ideas of what it could be?

oh and when it does die i don't have any check engine lights and when i have hp tuners plugged in i still cant see any reasons why its dieing

also question for any one who has built their own engine... when you have all your pistons in.. how easy was it for you to turn the crank? I have built a few LD9's now but just pretty well stock rebuilds and by the time i had all the pistons in I needed a driver to rotate the crank.. it wasn't hard to do but i still couldn't do it to easy by hand.. but now with this engine i am fully building up for my self , i had every thing machined at a different place, and i told them it was going to be used for high horse power 400hp+ application and this shop does lots of high horse power 4cyl engines but tonight i got the bottom end all in and i can still turn it by hand fairly easy.. is this ok?

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno

Re: car wants to die in cold weather but is fine in warm weather??
Saturday, May 03, 2008 8:10 AM
from the sounds of it your are insanely rich, but seeing as you have hptuners it should flag a high A/F ratio should it not? thats about my only guess.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Re: car wants to die in cold weather but is fine in warm weather??
Saturday, May 03, 2008 10:48 AM
Machzel08 (Teh Jew) wrote:from the sounds of it your are insanely rich, but seeing as you have hptuners it should flag a high A/F ratio should it not? thats about my only guess.

yea.. i will go back and check it but i dont remember it being to bad...

The First Twin Charged jbody
blue car (R.I.P) - 240whp @7psi..
silver car - 305whp 315lbs.tq @15psi (91 Octane) or 420whp & 425lbs.TQ @20psi (94 octane+Alcohol Injection)
All dynos run on a Mustang dyno
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search