Made a call to GM.. - General Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Made a call to GM..
Monday, October 25, 2010 1:30 PM
Just a question about the front bumpers on the cobalts. I just bought a 2010 cobalt, have had it about 4 months, was washing it the other day and the front bumper felt loose. you can pick it up and down a good quarter inch which I wouldn't think was supposed to happen on a 4 month old car. A couple days later I was out looking at some Cobalt SS at a local dealer and thought about it so I tried to move the bumper on it and it too was loose. This prompted me to check a couple more cobalts on the lot and they were all loose! This actually has me intrigued now, so I go to the Chevrolet dealership where we just bought our car and asked about if it was a recall or something to which they had not heard of this particular problem before.. So I walked out on the lot with my dealer and we shook some of the bumpers on the Brand new ones with almost 0 miles on them and they were loose as well.. Does anyone elses front bumpers feel loose? If this is a widespread thing and is common on the cobalts then it needs to be dealt with by GM.. Anyway just wondering if anyone elses are loose and if they could speak up and or take their car in to the dealer and ask about it. Maybe that will get the ball rolling on some sort of fix for it.. Thanks in advance for reading!

Re: Made a call to GM..
Monday, October 25, 2010 1:38 PM
wet96cav wrote:I just bought a 2010 cobalt

I think I found your problem

Brian

Monday, October 25, 2010 1:44 PM
should probly put this on the delta site........

Monday, October 25, 2010 1:45 PM
They fixed that issue it's called the 2010 cruze.

Monday, October 25, 2010 1:46 PM
had a 2005 SS/SC yes they a re all loose, they are only held on with a bunch of clips and pushpins...

Pete ***RIP John Lingenfelter***
2002 Flame Yellow Sunfire GT B+M shifted 5 Spd
Just looking for mods and prey

Monday, October 25, 2010 2:30 PM
doesnt surprise me one bit. we got a cobalt in here at work a couple months ago that had absolutely no nuts holding the spoiler on. it was just the gm tape... and the car had 400 miles on it and there were no nut markings around the studs. the car came from the factory this way.

ive also found a few that had the doors mis-aligned so badly that you could see it plain as day. disgusting.

just the other day we got in a red 2010 coupe and the side skirts were a completely different shade of red. it had 200 miles on it.

what a joke. ive said it once, ill say it again... cavalier > cobalt

Underdog Racing
Monday, October 25, 2010 4:03 PM
NightmaresCavy wrote:They fixed that issue it's called the 2010 cruze.

2011 They just same out, and were never a 2010...

-Aaron
www.TurboTechRacing.com

Performance Parts For Cavalier, Sunfire, Cobalts and More!!!
Monday, October 25, 2010 4:06 PM
Please repost this on GMDelta.com... That is the official Cobalt / Delta Body site for the GME. J-body.org is for Cavaliers/Sunfires/Jbodies

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search