Idea for the site - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Idea for the site
Sunday, November 28, 2010 9:13 PM
Just a random thought I had:

Wouldn't it be convenient if we could subscribe to an entire forum? For example you subscribe to your regional forum, and anytime a new thread is started you receive an email. You wouldn't get an email for every post that is made (unless you subscribe to that particular thread), only when a new thread is started. I think this would be very useful, especially for those of us that miss out on group buys because we don't check often enough. It would also get more attention for people selling items in either of those two forums.

Like I said, its just a thought I had. Opinions?

Re: Idea for the site
Sunday, November 28, 2010 10:43 PM
That would be pretty cool i think. I'd enjoy that for sure.

Monday, November 29, 2010 8:38 AM
^x2
Monday, November 29, 2010 10:21 AM
I check JBO more than i check my email. This is a dumb idea, seriously, it isnt hard to open JBO and manually check the forums. Besides do you really want your email blown up with all the noobs asking "Which CAI is better?" "How do i install my body kit?" "Will these craigeslist wheels fit?"

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, November 29, 2010 10:53 AM
This ain't no FACEBOOK!

Monday, November 29, 2010 11:11 AM
Tinkles wrote:I check JBO more than i check my email. This is a dumb idea, seriously, it isnt hard to open JBO and manually check the forums. Besides do you really want your email blown up with all the noobs asking "Which CAI is better?" "How do i install my body kit?" "Will these craigeslist wheels fit?"

This. Seriously how hard is it to open the JBO and click the forum. Bam all the new threads.

Monday, November 29, 2010 11:36 AM
Agreed... it isn't necesary. If you want to be informed of new threads, bookmark Jbo & it is lliterally two clicks to get to said forum to check.

Monday, November 29, 2010 12:10 PM
buz-buz wrote:This ain't no FACEBOOK!

I *like* this.....

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Monday, November 29, 2010 12:31 PM
GHEY!!!

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:26 PM
Tinkles wrote:I check JBO more than i check my email. This is a dumb idea, seriously, it isnt hard to open JBO and manually check the forums. Besides do you really want your email blown up with all the noobs asking "Which CAI is better?" "How do i install my body kit?" "Will these craigeslist wheels fit?"

I didn't say we would get an email anytime any new thread is made. Only in forums we subscribe to. I'm sure anyone running a group purchase would appreciate this feature since that would probably be the most subscribed to forum, so whenever someone starts a gp everyone subscribed would be informed (they would only get 1 email saying a new thread has been started, they would not get a new email for each post in that thread unless they subscribe to that thread specifically).

Sure its not hard to check the forums, but its annoying to check ones that are rarely posted in everyday only to find no new threads. The only forums I would consider worth subscribing to would be group purchase and your regional forum so you could always have a heads up on new parts being sold. In almost every group purchase thread I've seem find people at the end of them saying "I missed this, can I still buy one?".
Monday, November 29, 2010 4:32 PM
so you are too lazy and your seconds it would take you to look are worth too much to look in forums?

Monday, November 29, 2010 4:37 PM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:so you are too lazy and your seconds it would take you to look are worth too much to look in forums?

Do you not use subscribe to threads you post in already? How is this different? If a thread you post in is responded to it will automatically be bumped to the first page, so you wont need to search for it, its only one more click away than the forum. I guess one less click just crosses the line and becomes laziness.
Monday, November 29, 2010 4:46 PM
Mrs Jazer wrote:Agreed... it isn't necesary. If you want to be informed of new threads, bookmark Jbo & it is lliterally two clicks to get to said forum to check.

-favorites
-jbo
-_____ forum

= 3 clicks

I understand your point. But unless it would be difficult to incorporate this I see no downside. Its slightly benefits most people, possibly greatly benefits some, and has no effect on those who choose not to use it. It would only inconvenience whoever would need to add it to the site.
Monday, November 29, 2010 4:50 PM
...i dare say you're suggesting RSS feeds to the jbo.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Monday, November 29, 2010 6:54 PM
id really like a feature that shows you the "New posts" since the last time you logged in.

Monday, November 29, 2010 7:02 PM
if it aint broke, dont fix it. just my .02

Monday, November 29, 2010 7:15 PM
D.Simoes wrote:
BuiltNBoosted wrote:so you are too lazy and your seconds it would take you to look are worth too much to look in forums?

Do you not use subscribe to threads you post in already? How is this different? If a thread you post in is responded to it will automatically be bumped to the first page, so you wont need to search for it, its only one more click away than the forum. I guess one less click just crosses the line and becomes laziness.

No I donlt because I hate all the emails!!

FU Tuning

Monday, November 29, 2010 7:28 PM
there is actually a really big site suggestion thread over in Anything Goes... re-up or establish your premium and go check that out...

Monday, November 29, 2010 9:34 PM
jamie fix wrote:id really like a feature that shows you the "New posts" since the last time you logged in.

there's already a new post sidebar on the home page. seriously, do you want to be spoonfed too?

Check out my build thread!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 4:55 PM
RuggedZ wrote:
jamie fix wrote:id really like a feature that shows you the "New posts" since the last time you logged in.

there's already a new post sidebar on the home page. seriously, do you want to be spoonfed too?

Of course i want to be spoonfed.
who doesnt?

In all honesty, i have some random thread set to my favorites, and thats what i click when i come on Jbo. I dont think i've ever actually BEEN to the homepage.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:06 PM
You guys really bookmark the JBO? I hit the letter j in my address bar and it pops up. Even if it doesnt its not exactly a long address.

Everyone is so spoiled. I can understand saving yourself some keystrokes but cmon.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:19 PM
you close your browser?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:25 PM
TheSundownFire (GME Chat) wrote:You guys really bookmark the JBO? I hit the letter j in my address bar and it pops up. Even if it doesnt its not exactly a long address.

Everyone is so spoiled. I can understand saving yourself some keystrokes but cmon.

its my homepage lol

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 5:27 PM
my browser never closes...

and if it does... all my last open tabs come back up...

no need for a "home page" or "favorites" or "type the letter j...."

it stays open

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 6:08 PM
Speedline (No more) (GME Chat) wrote:and if it does... all my last open tabs come back up...

no need for a "home page" or "favorites" or "type the letter j...."

it stays open

So wait...you're trying to tell me that there are websites on the internet OTHER than jbo?!?! I don't know if I believe this propaganda of yours..

Seriously, I think the only reason I own a computer is to come to the org, lol.

To the OP, stupid idea, and for the reason Tink stated.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search