whats up with this? - General Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
whats up with this?
Saturday, January 08, 2011 3:12 PM
well i checked the VIN of my 03 sunfire on compnine, and lets say theres a few small things that dont line up, my car is Ultra Silver Metallic, compnine says : EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,MAJESTIC AMETHYST METALLIC (95U)

and this: MIRROR,O/S LH REM RH DIRECT CTL,PAINTED PAINTED O/S MIR(D35), i take it this means i have painted mirrors? wel i dont have those either

whats up with this? maybe i screw up in Compnines system?

also my insurance company claims my car is an 03 sunfire coupe GT, and its not, 03+ sunfire didnt even come GT did they?

Re: whats up with this?
Saturday, January 08, 2011 4:48 PM
I did the vin check posted in the other thread as well, and also had the same color code pop up.
The insurance thing is weird. Could just be your insurance company.
Your mirrors may have been replaced, but then again, the site might be wrong, i have no idea, but I am curious as well.
According to that site, my cavalier is one of two that have the exact same options in 03.

Saturday, January 08, 2011 4:55 PM
well another thing i remembered, i dont think sunfires ever came with painted mirrors either

Saturday, January 08, 2011 5:03 PM
That I'm not sure about.

Saturday, January 08, 2011 5:15 PM
yes the 03 up did come in a gt, aluminum rims, duel exhaust, leather wrapped steering wheel/e brake few other small things

i dunno about your colour but i know that mine has a different name hear in canada vs the states or w/e

Monday, January 10, 2011 4:49 PM
dxdean3 wrote:well another thing i remembered, i dont think sunfires ever came with painted mirrors either

You're right. Sunfires never came from the factory with painted mirrors.

I have the same issue when I enter the VIN for my Vibe. The color is Liquid Platinum Metallic (silver), but according to CompNine, it's Blue Frost Metallic / Impression Blue / Prestige Blue Metallic. Obviously, silver is nowhere near any shade of blue so I don't know what the deal with that is. The weirdest part is that the paint code, 20U, is correct, but yet it lists the entirely wrong color. I have read that this site is not 100% accurate all the time though, so I guess some discrepancies are to be expected.

Gary Frank wrote:yes the 03 up did come in a gt, aluminum rims, duel exhaust, leather wrapped steering wheel/e brake few other small things

i dunno about your colour but i know that mine has a different name hear in canada vs the states or w/e

Yes, '03-'05 Sunfires in Canada came in GT form, however they did not come in GT form in the US, although some US '03-'05 Sunfires had all the same equipment that made them a GT in Canada, so while they were technically GTs, they were not badged / labeled as GTs in the US.

Does your Sunfire have any of the options Gary listed? If so, than that would explain why your insurance company refers to it as a GT .

As far as the color, the Amethyst in the color name from CompNine leads me to believe they are referring to a shade of purple, which just like in the case of my Vibe, is nowhere near Ultra / Liquid Silver Metallic. Again, I guess it's just a discrepancy that's to be expected.

Monday, January 10, 2011 6:36 PM
J TO ENVY wrote:Does your Sunfire have any of the options Gary listed? If so, than that would explain why your insurance company refers to it as a GT .

nope, 100% base model sunfire coupe

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 8:56 AM
There are 1 2003 CAVALIER 2 DR vehicles (0.001 matching your exact options list. There are 1 (0.001 with at least as many options

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 5:27 PM
dxdean3 wrote:nope, 100% base model sunfire coupe

You may want to ask your insurance company about that then because you could be getting charged more if they're considering it a GT when it's really not.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 6:03 PM
yeah i suppose i should look into that

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 9:24 PM
Gary Frank wrote:yes the 03 up did come in a gt, aluminum rims, duel exhaust, leather wrapped steering wheel/e brake few other small things

this would explain why mine came up a GT on my insurance even though its' not. the only thing mine came with was the aluminum rims. i think im in the same boat as you dxdean3

150.0 DB, Loudest in Atlantic Canada, Street Class A.
Next year 155 DB

Thursday, January 13, 2011 7:31 PM
thing is, mine didnt have any of the GT options, as far as wheels go it had the 14" steelies with hubcaps, stock single exhaust, normal steering wheel, and stock shift knob

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search