2008 GM Tuner Bash DATE/LOCATION INFO HERE! - Page 4 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2008 GM Tuner Bash DATE/LOCATION INFO HERE!
Friday, February 29, 2008 4:37 AM
Might have to go....depends on if the cav is still running...It keeps throwing odd codes....
Anyone from the fort wayne area goin?

Friday, February 29, 2008 5:53 AM
so the show is a Sunday? hmmm alright back to the drawing board.

Friday, February 29, 2008 6:04 AM
bummrz: if you make it, thats reason enough for me to find a way to go so i can finally see that car of yours

Friday, February 29, 2008 6:48 AM
I really hope the show isn't on Sunday, and can you even get the track for 2 straight days like that? Financially that adds some costs to an already very expensive road trip for some of us canadians folks and anyone else who has a long trip. I'm already looking at a 35 hour round trip, and an estimation of about 1200$ for that weekend. 10 tanks of gas + food + hotels + spending money, and lets pray that nothing happens to the car during the 3000+ km drive.

Friday, February 29, 2008 6:53 AM
I don't intend to rent the track again for a show. I'll find a smaller scale facility for the show, with far less cost

Friday, February 29, 2008 7:29 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:I don't intend to rent the track again for a show. I'll find a smaller scale facility for the show, with far less cost

Show Sunday then???

Let us know quick what's going on so I can take Monday off too if needed. Thanks!

Stuff For Sale - Classified Ads - Click Here!
Friday, February 29, 2008 7:32 AM
if i'm drivin all that way, i'd hope it'd be longer then just 1 day??

Friday, February 29, 2008 7:34 AM
I see now not everyone is gonna be happy about the show on Sunday because of long distant driving for people, which I could understand.. This will force the farther people to take Monday off..

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, February 29, 2008 8:56 AM
DatWhitecavy wrote:I see now not everyone is gonna be happy about the show on Sunday because of long distant driving for people, which I could understand.. This will force the farther people to take Monday off..

Yeah but to drive that distance for a 1 day Bash? That to me makes no sense!

I certianly wouldn't want to drive 7, 8, 12 or even 14 hours to be there for one day!

Understand work though and not everyone can get the extra day...

Hope everyone can get that extra day...it will be well worth it!!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?
Friday, February 29, 2008 9:11 AM
Why not a one day show? 30% of the guys that attend our show drive a long distance of 6+ hrs some of them 10/12 hrs, and we are a one day show.
Just go anyway.You`ll regeret you didn`t even if its one day.
Friday, February 29, 2008 9:23 AM
Corby Loft wrote:Why not a one day show? 30% of the guys that attend our show drive a long distance of 6+ hrs some of them 10/12 hrs, and we are a one day show.
Just go anyway.You`ll regeret you didn`t even if its one day.

I've never went for the racing or the show...it's about meeting people to me! So, the longer the Bash...the more people I can meet!

Eh...old man with a Corvette now...it was bound to happen sooner rather than later right?

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:31 AM
Paul- if I go, will you promise to follow me anywhere, even if it means getting lost?

I may make a week long trip out of the V6Z24 Bash and this one.

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:38 AM
Im hopfully gonna be their for the first time this year! Finally have the car in one color!

Blue04sunfire reborn Spring08! Coing sooner than you think!
Friday, February 29, 2008 9:43 AM
James Cahill wrote:Paul- if I go, will you promise to follow me anywhere, even if it means getting lost?

hahhaahahahaha good times! will do!

Here's my current itinerary (subject to change of course)

Me and a few others I know of will be there thursday night, so I can get hammered thursday night, and not have to worry about running a show the next day

Friday - NOTHING BUT SOCIALIZING!!! I will be doing some group activities that really don't involve our cars at all, like go kart racing, and bowling or something. Just for everyone to get acquainted with one another.

Saturday AM - track

Saturday afternoon - more socializing (the bash is about the people anyways right?)

Sunday morning - show

Sunday afternoon - trophies/presentation

How's that sound? That gives a lot of people a lot of time to get back home late sunday night, and work monday will just suck (but you had a killer weekend)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, February 29, 2008 9:44 AM

Friday, February 29, 2008 9:46 AM
Ill be there thursday to being my bash weekend

SATCH PROGRESS THREAD!!!

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Alexis: Dustin, you're ghey, lol. I am better. I have tits, and tits rule all.
Friday, February 29, 2008 10:20 AM
Depending on hotel prices ill be there Thursday night as well. If not, Friday morning is the plan for me to arrive.

306 TQ
Friday, February 29, 2008 10:21 AM
DroptopPaul wrote:
James Cahill wrote:Paul- if I go, will you promise to follow me anywhere, even if it means getting lost?

hahhaahahahaha good times! will do!

Here's my current itinerary (subject to change of course)

Me and a few others I know of will be there thursday night, so I can get hammered thursday night, and not have to worry about running a show the next day

Friday - NOTHING BUT SOCIALIZING!!! I will be doing some group activities that really don't involve our cars at all, like go kart racing, and bowling or something. Just for everyone to get acquainted with one another.

Saturday AM - track

Saturday afternoon - more socializing (the bash is about the people anyways right?)

Sunday morning - show

Sunday afternoon - trophies/presentation

How's that sound? That gives a lot of people a lot of time to get back home late sunday night, and work monday will just suck (but you had a killer weekend)

Sounds good to me. I'm either comming on Thursday or early Friday morning, I'll have to talk it over with the g/f and figure it out. Do you have any idea of the host hotel, are we staying in Dayton or in Xenia?

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Friday, February 29, 2008 10:24 AM
you guys are making good points about the long drive for just one day show, I guess its just because I will need to take thursday, friday, monday and tuesday off if It is a two day show, and ill have to be ready to bite the bullet for 2 nights of hotel instead of 1.. I guess its not that bad, ill just have to be cautious on the spending.

Friday, February 29, 2008 10:49 AM
Joey, as of yesterday when I talked to Paul, there was no host hotel info.. He was still working on calls for that info.. Hopefully we can everything and all events in a 20 minute radius of eachother

306 TQ
Friday, February 29, 2008 10:59 AM
damn it, I may skip this no offense to the racers but I've never been a fan of straight line racing. I'd go to be there to meet people but paying $100 for a hotel to watch cars go straight isnt my cup of tea.

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:07 AM
Honestly, the track isn't the highlight of anyone's trips...its usually some sort of outside story. Example, last year, the story was the storm from satan! lol it's about seeing the cars, and appreciating their beauty first hand instead of just through a computer screen. Get aquainted with the man behind the scenes (and sometimes woman)

hotels is going to take a little longer for simple facts, I don't want to pick a hotel based on rates, and it has 40 parking spaces, and 19 pot holes in it. The deciding factors in our bash hotels is simply having the room to hold all of us. figure as a group we'll get 20-40 rooms, and sometimes 3-5 cars per room...requires more parking then normal. So, there is quite a bit of research to be done in picking hotels. Besides, I've known all of like 2 days when the bash is gonna be...gimme a break!!

Friday, February 29, 2008 11:30 AM
Ohhhh the storm from helllll, wow.. I got so lucky that day...

306 TQ
Friday, February 29, 2008 11:45 AM
Hopefully You Can Find Me A Great Room Like Last Year Paul. I Should B Out There Fri Afternoon.

Dave
Sideways is the best way to drive
07 Cool GXP, 01 Z
Member of J-Factor
Member of Wisc's J's
1/4 mile 16.084 @ 84.90 (Stock Z) 01 SPDY Z24
Friday, February 29, 2008 11:45 AM
If I do make it this year I will probably be there Wednesday if I leave here on Monday. Hotel for me though might be a little tricky, if I do end up going I'm not going to have very much notice so I probably won't be in the same hotel as everyone else.

Quoth the Raven 'Nevermore
raven@accesswave.ca
Raven Autosports
55 McQuade Lake Cres,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
(902) 850-3330
10.82@132
Friday, February 29, 2008 1:17 PM
DroptopPaul wrote:

strip bowling?? I'll win

Your fight begins tonight.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search