JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match - Page 16 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 08, 2008 9:17 PM
there isnt enough popcorn in the world for this thread.

I respect all forms of racing, be it drag, aX, brack, track..... 2 or 4 wheels..... all take their own special skills.






Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 1:20 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

this thread is nothing but fun and win end of story lol


EXACTAMUNDO!!!!!





Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 2:03 AM
have you checked your PMs mofo??!!


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 09, 2008 5:10 AM
Scrufdog wrote:

there isnt enough popcorn in the world for this thread.

I respect all forms of racing, be it drag, aX, brack, track..... 2 or 4 wheels..... all take their own special skills.


very well said



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, July 18, 2008 12:10 AM
im seeing some encouraging numbers in early testing with the new pulley, tune still needs work, I really hate that I'm cutting things this close, I hate being rushed but a week is a week and I have to make the best of it



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, July 18, 2008 9:56 PM
Odly enough, being the other half of this whole race... I'm feeling the exact same way. When I got back from Cali I was in a rush to get things done. Gauges still aren't 100% finished. Roll bar is as done as it is getting for this season (4 pt right now). Pins were minor and took no time. But this little charging system problem I have been having.... Came up WAY too close to bash time. Things should be straightened out by end of the day Monday. Then it is just playing with my tune a tiny bit, changing the oil again, making sure everything is packed, and getting the hell on my way lol.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Monday, July 21, 2008 2:53 PM
jlaudiocavalier - 12.87

optimistic prime - 13.56



Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Monday, July 21, 2008 3:00 PM
z yaaaa wrote:

jlaudiocavalier - 12.87



lol more than that



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Monday, July 21, 2008 9:20 PM
It depends, am I ALLOWED to run on the bottle or not?


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:24 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

It depends, am I ALLOWED to run on the bottle or not?


i dunno. ask rod



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:10 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

It depends, am I ALLOWED to run on the bottle or not?


1 on 1 off?



LE61T PTE6262 Powered


Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:14 AM
Is this going to turn out like the PINKS race between the Camaro and the pink Civic Hatchback? 25 lengths, no bottle on the V8, Rodiumus with no front end and accusations of boost controller tampering?

-Chris-



-Sweetness-
-Turbocharged-
Slowly but surely may some day win this race...
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 9:56 AM
hahahahahahaha. I remember that episode... as a matter of fact, take a look at Tim's sig lol. According to Matt, "bracket racing is gay. It isn't a race unless it's heads up".... and "run what you brung" so I don't quite think I'm unhooking, or leaving off anything. I want at least ONE good all out balls to the wall run for a timeslip before my rear end grenades. So if the car lasts through the first run with the bottle and everything, I might run a second time without it to get a timeslip for that, If I am racing against Matt durring these runs, so be it. But I hate to tell him, I really think, to benefit my own curiosity, the first run against me, I will have everything the car has going.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:39 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

hahahahahahaha. I remember that episode... as a matter of fact, take a look at Tim's sig lol. According to Matt, "bracket racing is gay. It isn't a race unless it's heads up".... and "run what you brung" so I don't quite think I'm unhooking, or leaving off anything. I want at least ONE good all out balls to the wall run for a timeslip before my rear end grenades. So if the car lasts through the first run with the bottle and everything, I might run a second time without it to get a timeslip for that, If I am racing against Matt durring these runs, so be it. But I hate to tell him, I really think, to benefit my own curiosity, the first run against me, I will have everything the car has going.


isnt that how the whole thing started?

i say you run what you brung.... taking stuff off is NO different than giving him lengths. if you give him lengths or refrain from running something, its just like bracket racing....you're giving something up, so the opponent can be more competitive.

run what you feel safe with.



Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:01 PM
SweetnessGT wrote:

Is this going to turn out like the PINKS race between the Camaro and the pink Civic Hatchback? 25 lengths, no bottle on the V8, Rodiumus with no front end and accusations of boost controller tampering?

-Chris-


i remember that episode. i lmao when the civic asked for 20 lengths. and even more so when he got it.


matt and whoever else may think bracket racing is dumb but i made great friends because of it, and we all have fun together. winning at something may add to the fun, but making great friends along the way is the greater reward


Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:07 PM


Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 6:42 PM
The whole thing started by me hearing from Tim that he trapped 112 or whatever with a NA 97 mustang convertable. I called bull@!#$ because a 4.6 I would find hard to believe could run that NA.

Theres a number of things incorrect here -
NA does not mean running nitrous
an ET ran by a previous owner doesn't really mean anything
The car also does not have a 4.6, it has a built 5.0 and not the original motor

The agreed race was his NA V8 (Normally aspirated does not mean running nitrous) against my boosted 4, thats listed on the first page of this very thread. If JL is going to try to change the terms of the race that he himself agreed to now I wont even waste my gas lining up. So either honor what you agreed to or STFU about this race because you cannot keep your word.



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 7:28 PM
I say run the first one without then one on?

but wtf do I care... I dont own a car that can break 18's




LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:23 PM
Hahahaha, wow Matt you flipped a lid on that one. I will race you without the n2o then. I am still not worried. The car ran it's previous track times with LESS modifications, 17 inch street driven D/R's and with a slightly smaller n2o shot. The trap time and all that was previously given was in fact on the nitrous, I admit. But either way, if you are seriously going to cry this bad about it, I have no problem running without the n2o.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 2:45 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

The whole thing started by me hearing from Tim that he trapped 112 or whatever with a NA 97 mustang convertable. I called bull@!#$ because a 4.6 I would find hard to believe could run that NA.

Theres a number of things incorrect here -
NA does not mean running nitrous
an ET ran by a previous owner doesn't really mean anything
The car also does not have a 4.6, it has a built 5.0 and not the original motor

The agreed race was his NA V8 (Normally aspirated does not mean running nitrous) against my boosted 4, thats listed on the first page of this very thread. If JL is going to try to change the terms of the race that he himself agreed to now I wont even waste my gas lining up. So either honor what you agreed to or STFU about this race because you cannot keep your word.


i said nothing about dustin himself trapping 112 mph. i said the previous owner had done that in the 1/8 mile. which is equal to about a mid 10 second pass in the 1/4. i tried telling you the car can run on nitrous, and CAN ALSO RUN NA. i tried telling you that its a built motor. but again you wouldnt listen and called BS. this whole thing started becuase in your own little world you think your car is god and can not be beat. if you hadnt ran your mouth, talked trash, listen to other people for a change, you wouldnt be racing dustin. i beleive ive been clear on this point a few times. you can place blame on me all you want for this race. but anybody with half a brain can clearly see this race is your doing, not mine. and you even said he can run on nitrous later on. i think its on page 2 or 3. and if you want me too, i can post one of the many AIM convos you and i had about dustins car cause i knew later on they would come in handy, thats why i saved them. and Dustin should honor what he agreed too?? you should follow your own advice.



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:08 AM
Just remember - Your next



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:07 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

Just remember - Your next


LMAO!! you said that last week. you didnt even show up saturday



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:57 PM
Dont make me race all of you with my 283hp GTO!!!

And if I had to pick sides, I would give it to the Mustang....... RP went from one hope-less S/C Eco to another




SPD RCR Z - '02 Z24 420whp
SLO GOAT - '04 GTO 305whp
RACER X - '78 Opel Kadett W41 Swap

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:12 PM
dont make me pull out my secret weapon






1997 Kia!!! Sephia 1.8l powa!!!



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:07 PM
Bring all your secret weapons. Don't give 2 @!#$s what anyone thinks of this, because I have spent the last week fixing the car and it is STILL having charging problems. SO I dropped it off at a garage and told them to fix it for me... but it won't be ready until Monday most likely. SOOOOOOOOO I will be showing up in my ever so monstrous 1991 Cutlas lol.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:17 PM
OHHH NOEZ!!!!!!

damn i was really looking forward to this



LEAVING FOR BASH TOMORROW!! WOOt!!!!!!!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search