JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match - Page 9 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Thursday, May 29, 2008 4:22 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:

only things more ill have is tires (street) and exhaust, time isnt going to allow for anything more, oh well better luck next year


Hooray for major mods even uncluding upping your boost with a new charger and pulleys..... and NOT bothering to take a day and some cash to get it dyno tuned. I hope you do beat me honestly, for a few reasons:
1. Because Me winning would make you come up with excuses, and me be happy either way. Because you are THAT mature.
2. Because Me losing would let you run your mouth for years, and me congratulate you, again, because you are THAT mature.
3. Because your motor most likely isn't going to last more than 1 race without a real tune.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Thursday, May 29, 2008 9:33 PM
dyno tuning is for people that don't know how to tune their own cars and have to have someone else do it, thats not me

I can rip through every gear with less than 1% AFR error all the way to 130mph with no knock, I idle like stock, I'm getting 20-30% better fuel economy than stock, theres nothing I'll gain on a dyno except a lighter pocket, its a waste of money for them to tell me an insignificant number that can be manipulated anyway. I've revved to 7k full WOT about 40-50 times with the new blower, one track day wont change anything. The transmission or axles will break long before anything else does.

The only one thats showing any immaturity in this thread is you and Tim. You seem to go out of your way pathetically to try to attack every post I make. Collectively you've been to one bash, never tuned anything yourself, and the extent of mods you actually did yourself on the car is bolting on tires, so don't try to tell me what I need.

1. On paper you should win, If I lose a race I never should have won its not the end of my universe
2. If I win its probably because you failed on some level
3. Theres ppl running 150whp more to the wheels than what I am with far more dangerous IATs, knock and AFR, I've programmed it to stay safe.



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Thursday, May 29, 2008 10:55 PM
saying a dyno tune is for people who cant tune with a handheld(which does not show you NEARLY as much as a dyno will), is completely stupid. absolutely rediculous.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 2:24 AM
immaturity ??? lol
go thru some of your old posts and see how mature you are regarding anything. maybe if you have been a little more mature and NOT run your mouth you wouldnt be racing dustin. or maybe i should post some of the IM convos me and you had about dustins car. how its just a slow MOD engine. how it cant have anymore than 230 hp with bolt-ons. or you bashing your other friends cars. or you coming up with lame excuses not to race someone. then we can talk about immaturity.
Quote:

and the extent of mods you actually did yourself on the car is bolting on tires


from what dustin has told me, he is getting the car ready so he can race legally at his local track. and thats a little more involed then tuning a car.
and who really cares if someone else built the "slow" engine that dustin has?



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 5:23 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

saying a dyno tune is for people who cant tune with a handheld(which does not show you NEARLY as much as a dyno will), is completely stupid. absolutely rediculous.


the biggest and probably the only thing a dyno shows you over HPT or handheld with a laptop is whp...

And tuning for the most power is usually not the safest, it usually takes what you have done and pushes the limits. My Fiance's father has been dyno tuning car's, micro sprint cars and bikes damn near his entire life... He uses a conservative tune that does not go for the highest power or the highest torque but the broadest overall power band and has never had a motor let go. The Micro sprint cars he tunes are usually the ones that finish first.

HPT shows you MUCH more then a just dyno will..

Even so most handhelds with a laptop will show you

(wideband included) AFR
Knock
Iat
Speed
Engine Temp
Iat2
RPM's
Boost Level
and more

the people on the dyno would be tuning for the same ting he tunes for on the road.. AFR and no knock

So please explain what part of a dyno shows you MUCH more then most handhelds w/ a laptop/hpt

hell to do a decent amount of dyno tuning you could BUY hpt and a cheap laptop

I am agreeing with matt, dyno tuning is for people who have NO idea what they are doing with HPT, Specter, or any other type of tuning device



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 3:31 PM
Did you seriously just comment on someone else's maturity......wow



Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 5:05 PM
Rosario wrote:

Did you seriously just comment on someone else's maturity......wow

who?


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 8:44 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

Rosario wrote:

Did you seriously just comment on someone else's maturity......wow

who?


who do you think??


dyno tuning is for people who want to know what kind of power they have. i mean who wouldnt want to know that?



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 8:46 PM
99redz24 wrote:

JLAudioCavalier wrote:

Rosario wrote:

Did you seriously just comment on someone else's maturity......wow

who?


who do you think??


dyno tuning is for people who want to know what kind of power they have. i mean who wouldnt want to know that?


yes, but your'e statement is true, its NOT a necessity to know how much power you're making





LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 9:00 PM
and since neither you or rodimus has ever dyno tuned a car. its stupid to even make a comparison to dyno tuning vs street tuning



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 9:10 PM
shhhhh don't start making sense Tim. They don't know what that is like!


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Friday, May 30, 2008 11:45 PM
99redz24 wrote:

and since neither you or rodimus has ever dyno tuned a car. its stupid to even make a comparison to dyno tuning vs street tuning


and you somewhat think you're correct about me in that statement?

You seem to forget I was a test bed for a lot of the CNFX products which... low and behold spent a lot of time on my car, which spent a lot of time on their dyno, tuning as best we could (before hpt), and because it was my car that would LEAD you to believe I was there helping? Well, that LEADS you to the truth, I was there, working on my car with them, giving suggestions, helping figure things out... while it was being dyno'd and so on

Tim you judge me way to fast, you fail to know that I've done A LOT of work to my car and other peoples cars and have spent many many hours researching parts/installations and tuning for vehicles. Tim I'd be willing to bet you on your best day is still not as good as me on my worst day... and I'd be willing to bet lowfire is that much better then ME when it comes to tuning and building a car.

So enough with bringing you up to date quickly on who I am / what I've done

Let me get this straight...

Street tuning involves

making pulls up to and sometimes beyond redline and logging to tune for a better afr/knock or timing advance/retard, this also gives you real world conditions w/o power output display

dyno tuning

making pulls up to and sometimes beyond redline and logging to tune for a better afr/knock or timing advance/retard and gives you simulated real world conditions w/ power output display.

I fail to see where dyno tuning is leaps and bounds and stretches ahead of street tuning.. take the same able bodied tuner, give him a laptop and hand held I'd be willing to bet he could come up with very similiar tunes while using the street for one or dyno for the other






LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 7:42 AM
either way, street tuning is no better than street racing. next time eiher of you do it, kill yourself



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:04 AM
99redz24 wrote:

either way, street tuning is no better than street racing. next time eiher of you do it, kill yourself


you're just salty because you needed that V8 to hit 13's....

besides which... dyno tuning is not necessarily safer.. I've seen straps break in person... not pretty



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:06 AM


LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:07 AM
Phil aka QBE wrote:

99redz24 wrote:

either way, street tuning is no better than street racing. next time eiher of you do it, kill yourself


you're just salty because you needed that V8 to hit 13's....

besides which... dyno tuning is not necessarily safer.. I've seen straps break in person... not pretty


not at all. im happy with my 13 second V8. and for the money you or rodi puts into a 4 cylinder. i can put the same money into my V8 and be 10 times faster. its just a fact



Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:13 AM
99redz24 wrote:

Phil aka QBE wrote:

99redz24 wrote:

either way, street tuning is no better than street racing. next time eiher of you do it, kill yourself


you're just salty because you needed that V8 to hit 13's....

besides which... dyno tuning is not necessarily safer.. I've seen straps break in person... not pretty


not at all. im happy with my 13 second V8. and for the money you or rodi puts into a 4 cylinder. i can put the same money into my V8 and be 10 times faster. its just a fact


but you know what? We'd still be getting a lot better gas mileage

I put a lot less money into my car then you probably think I did





LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:28 AM
Phil aka QBE wrote:

99redz24 wrote:

Phil aka QBE wrote:

99redz24 wrote:

either way, street tuning is no better than street racing. next time eiher of you do it, kill yourself


you're just salty because you needed that V8 to hit 13's....

besides which... dyno tuning is not necessarily safer.. I've seen straps break in person... not pretty


not at all. im happy with my 13 second V8. and for the money you or rodi puts into a 4 cylinder. i can put the same money into my V8 and be 10 times faster. its just a fact


but you know what? We'd still be getting a lot better gas mileage

I put a lot less money into my car then you probably think I did


both u and rodi seem to forget that i kept the cav for a reason. and i dont drive the camaro enough to even feel a hole in my wallet from filling up as if it were my only car



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, May 31, 2008 8:29 AM


Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 1:15 PM
Come on now dustin...who do you think i meant...


As for all this...

Why not HPT on the Dyno? Keep @!#$ off the streets

There will always be someone out there with more money(or credit in alot of cases) who can pay someone to be fast
But its not there fault they don't know how to work on a car, not everyone is mechanically inclined...

I feel alot more comfortable building a Econo Car like a cav or balt then I would a mustang with that much work done.

And lastly, a big thing that bothers me the most, if you have to take out a personal loan, or max out credit cards to build your car, your a douche...







Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:13 PM
yeah that's one other point i forgot to make too... the whole "street tuning" thing. In order to get all the readings to accurately tune your car for max anything (gas mileage, performance, smoother powercurve etc), you need to max the rpms while the car is under a load... meaning driving it... MEANING you are driving on public roads with your little handheld and driving in a way you shouldn't be on a public road. A dyno puts a load on the car and keeps you still, safe, and away from other motorists. (and before someone makes the point of straps breaking or other things going wrong on the dyno, its not a COMMON or NORMAL occurance, accidents happen, and its just as much a chance as breaking at the track, and just like at the track, its a controlled setting with no innocent bystandards. So before you make that argument, can it.)


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 5:40 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

yeah that's one other point i forgot to make too... the whole "street tuning" thing. In order to get all the readings to accurately tune your car for max anything (gas mileage, performance, smoother powercurve etc), you need to max the rpms while the car is under a load... meaning driving it... MEANING you are driving on public roads with your little handheld and driving in a way you shouldn't be on a public road. A dyno puts a load on the car and keeps you still, safe, and away from other motorists. (and before someone makes the point of straps breaking or other things going wrong on the dyno, its not a COMMON or NORMAL occurance, accidents happen, and its just as much a chance as breaking at the track, and just like at the track, its a controlled setting with no innocent bystandards. So before you make that argument, can it.)


1 could argue that actually losing control on the road is just as a rare occurrence as straps breaking.

Most, not all dynos put loads on the car. But a dyno still leaves out true atmospheric conditions, air flow and so on...

And don't even bother bringing the fan into the argument, that hardly can replace wind at 60-70 mph.

AND a dyno room usually heats up pretty quick, so you're running the car hotter then normal

But you've proved your point yourself... when it comes down to it, safety let out of the argument... neither is better then the other... can it



LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:04 PM
Phil aka QBE wrote:

JLAudioCavalier wrote:

yeah that's one other point i forgot to make too... the whole "street tuning" thing. In order to get all the readings to accurately tune your car for max anything (gas mileage, performance, smoother powercurve etc), you need to max the rpms while the car is under a load... meaning driving it... MEANING you are driving on public roads with your little handheld and driving in a way you shouldn't be on a public road. A dyno puts a load on the car and keeps you still, safe, and away from other motorists. (and before someone makes the point of straps breaking or other things going wrong on the dyno, its not a COMMON or NORMAL occurance, accidents happen, and its just as much a chance as breaking at the track, and just like at the track, its a controlled setting with no innocent bystandards. So before you make that argument, can it.)


1 could argue that actually losing control on the road is just as a rare occurrence as straps breaking.

Most, not all dynos put loads on the car. But a dyno still leaves out true atmospheric conditions, air flow and so on...

And don't even bother bringing the fan into the argument, that hardly can replace wind at 60-70 mph.

AND a dyno room usually heats up pretty quick, so you're running the car hotter then normal

But you've proved your point yourself... when it comes down to it, safety let out of the argument... neither is better then the other... can it


It really isn't. And when a dyno strap breaks, it doesn't put that minivan with a family of 5 at risk.

But i do agree with everything else...your not actually driving the car in real world conditions on a dyno


In my eyes, the best situation for tuning and the way ill be doing it, is on the track with HPT...

Then again I'm not cool enough for a cobalt so what do i know...




Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 6:22 PM
but the problem is, every kid with an intake on his civic can buy a handheld and play with it. that does not make him a professional tuner. it does not make that kid know what he is doing. and Phil, STOP talking yourself up for being some professional, test subject, awesome, superb, superior, holier than thou PRICK that you have done in a couple posts so far. That get's old. You are NOT magical or better at anything than anyone here........ ANYWAY, I think the biggest thing behind a professional dyno tune is... umm... hey guess what Matt and Phil, all powerful and magical 'tuners'...THE PROFESSIONAL.


On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Saturday, May 31, 2008 9:29 PM
Phil aka QBE wrote:

JLAudioCavalier wrote:

yeah that's one other point i forgot to make too... the whole "street tuning" thing. In order to get all the readings to accurately tune your car for max anything (gas mileage, performance, smoother powercurve etc), you need to max the rpms while the car is under a load... meaning driving it... MEANING you are driving on public roads with your little handheld and driving in a way you shouldn't be on a public road. A dyno puts a load on the car and keeps you still, safe, and away from other motorists. (and before someone makes the point of straps breaking or other things going wrong on the dyno, its not a COMMON or NORMAL occurance, accidents happen, and its just as much a chance as breaking at the track, and just like at the track, its a controlled setting with no innocent bystandards. So before you make that argument, can it.)


1 could argue that actually losing control on the road is just as a rare occurrence as straps breaking.

Most, not all dynos put loads on the car. But a dyno still leaves out true atmospheric conditions, air flow and so on...

And don't even bother bringing the fan into the argument, that hardly can replace wind at 60-70 mph.

AND a dyno room usually heats up pretty quick, so you're running the car hotter then normal

But you've proved your point yourself... when it comes down to it, safety let out of the argument... neither is better then the other... can it


ok this post has gone from humorous to stupid
do animals run out in front of a dyno?
do kids chase balls out in front of a dyno?
do people pull out in front of dynos?
do people run stop signs in front of dynos?
street tuning is not safe, and people make more mistakes driving in 5 minutes than the number of dyno straps break ever
dynos were created for a reason, not as a crutch for people but as a tool for people to utilize to increase the safety of tuning
but apparently you are a tool if you use them
go figure



Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Sunday, June 01, 2008 3:18 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:

but the problem is, every kid with an intake on his civic can buy a handheld and play with it. that does not make him a professional tuner. it does not make that kid know what he is doing. and Phil, STOP talking yourself up for being some professional, test subject, awesome, superb, superior, holier than thou PRICK that you have done in a couple posts so far. That get's old. You are NOT magical or better at anything than anyone here........ ANYWAY, I think the biggest thing behind a professional dyno tune is... umm... hey guess what Matt and Phil, all powerful and magical 'tuners'...THE PROFESSIONAL.


now I just said I wasnt the best. I BLATANTLY said "Now I am NOT the best tuner or person in the world, Lowfire is better then me on his worst day...... where the HELL did you miss that... I STATED in ONE GOD DAMN POST that I tested parts and helped dyno tune MY car and have worked on other cars BFD... how does THAT make me sound like I am some superior, holier then thou professional... you're just fighting for air now.... resulting to NAME CALLING like Lowfire called me out on before...

I was NOT calling names, putting down people, persons whatever... I was SIMPLY trying to prove the point that neither STREET or DYNO tuning is better then the other... YES Dyno tuning is MUCH Safer, I can agree to that and always would but that WAS NOT the argument at hand... What WAS the argument is which is better...

Rosario is right, the BEST place to tune is the track with a data logger and handheld such as hpt..

@ not being cool enough for a cobalt... that makes 2 of us



reading owns you

this is not an debate about safety

this is not an debate about idiots with intake

YOU and TIM STARTED the argument by SPECIFICALLY stating that dyno tuning is leaps and bounds beyond street tuning,,,

since you could NOT prove that it is with the things I spoke of you had to whine and cry and about kids playing, gramps driving and dogs... and throw every aspect into the mix to try and win... I never called people names for using a dyno.. you people make me laugh... Saying I call people tools for using a dyno... lol

wheres the smiley for inserting words into other peoples mouths

LOL... I'll be the grown up here and leave Tim and Dustin to play with eachother



Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 01, 2008 3:21 AM


LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Sunday, June 01, 2008 6:50 AM
Animals ? Who @!#$ cares

Kids dont play on the interstate

Ppl dont pull out in front unless theres an exit

Theres no stop signs on the interstate

I don't do full throttle stuff in residential areas, part throttle and cruising yes, its normal driving, theres nothing dangerous about normal driving


A "professional" dyno tune is nothing more than a label, its something ppl get to feel good about themselves. I would gain absolutely nothing by getting one, my AFR cant be any more perfect, I don't have any knock. Any data I would get from there is useless anyway. Last 2 times I've been to the dyno I see IATs that are 50 degrees higher than what I EVER see on the street which means far less timing, possibly different AFRs and conditions that dont exist anywhere else but at a dyno. Not to mention its downright dangerous to my motor throwing 200 degree intake temps through it. In other words the data is useless. The track I use quite often for data, I feel thats the best place actually. I'd rather have my car tuned for where I actually drive it than tuned for a garage bay.

Its obvious some of you from your responses know very little about tuning yourselves. So instead of repeating what the guy at the dyno who is charging you 100 bucks an hour told you, try actually learning it yourself. For a car that delivers fuel based on throttle load vs rpm a dyno probably would be useful, however most cars no longer deliver fuel based on this. My fuel calculations are based on airflow, throttle load at any specific rpm doesnt matter. In other words I can dial a car in perfectly in 2-3 pulls, thats the beauty of MAF tuning.

I have a constant line of ppl waiting to get tuned off this forum and a few others, if ppl wanted to go elsewhere they could, instead they come to me alot because of folks that I've worked with in the past, refer me to ppl they know. I'm sure if I made things worse or blew up their cars they wouldnt be so pleased would they? Truth of the matter is you would be hard pressed to find a single shop anywhere within 250 miles of me that has worked with more GM 4 cylinders than what I have, so why would I take it to someone that has never even touched a cobalt? "Professional" shops work with V8s or imports, theres no market for domestic 4s. I've yet to find a single shop anywhere that caters specifically to that.

But just for the people that think I have no idea what I'm doing I will be getting certified http://www.thetuningschool.com/products_c.html, I'll either be attending one of these or doing the at home CD-ROM. Show me some shops that have attended 16 hours of training for HP tuners.



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search