JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match - Page 10 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:54 AM
Rodimus Prime wrote:Animals ? Who @!#$ cares

Kids dont play on the interstate

Ppl dont pull out in front unless theres an exit

Theres no stop signs on the interstate

I don't do full throttle stuff in residential areas, part throttle and cruising yes, its normal driving, theres nothing dangerous about normal driving

A "professional" dyno tune is nothing more than a label, its something ppl get to feel good about themselves. I would gain absolutely nothing by getting one, my AFR cant be any more perfect, I don't have any knock. Any data I would get from there is useless anyway. Last 2 times I've been to the dyno I see IATs that are 50 degrees higher than what I EVER see on the street which means far less timing, possibly different AFRs and conditions that dont exist anywhere else but at a dyno. Not to mention its downright dangerous to my motor throwing 200 degree intake temps through it. In other words the data is useless. The track I use quite often for data, I feel thats the best place actually. I'd rather have my car tuned for where I actually drive it than tuned for a garage bay.

Its obvious some of you from your responses know very little about tuning yourselves. So instead of repeating what the guy at the dyno who is charging you 100 bucks an hour told you, try actually learning it yourself. For a car that delivers fuel based on throttle load vs rpm a dyno probably would be useful, however most cars no longer deliver fuel based on this. My fuel calculations are based on airflow, throttle load at any specific rpm doesnt matter. In other words I can dial a car in perfectly in 2-3 pulls, thats the beauty of MAF tuning.

I have a constant line of ppl waiting to get tuned off this forum and a few others, if ppl wanted to go elsewhere they could, instead they come to me alot because of folks that I've worked with in the past, refer me to ppl they know. I'm sure if I made things worse or blew up their cars they wouldnt be so pleased would they? Truth of the matter is you would be hard pressed to find a single shop anywhere within 250 miles of me that has worked with more GM 4 cylinders than what I have, so why would I take it to someone that has never even touched a cobalt? "Professional" shops work with V8s or imports, theres no market for domestic 4s. I've yet to find a single shop anywhere that caters specifically to that.

But just for the people that think I have no idea what I'm doing I will be getting certified http://www.thetuningschool.com/products_c.html, I'll either be attending one of these or doing the at home CD-ROM. Show me some shops that have attended 16 hours of training for HP tuners.

ah so being on the highway automatically makes it ok?
youre still a @!#$ joke

Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:32 AM
Quote:

YOU and TIM STARTED the argument by SPECIFICALLY stating that dyno tuning is leaps and bounds beyond street tuning,,,

when did i ever say SPECIFICALLY that dyno tuning is leaps and bounds beyond street tuning???

Quote:

Animals ? Who @!#$ cares

you will care when you hit another deer at 80 mph

Quote:

Ppl dont pull out in front unless theres an exit

people do stupid stuff on the highway. you should know that. its hard to tell what another driver will do in a seconds time

Quote:

Truth of the matter is you would be hard pressed to find a single shop anywhere within 250 miles of me that has worked with more GM 4 cylinders than what I have, so why would I take it to someone that has never even touched a cobalt? "Professional" shops work with V8s or imports, theres no market for domestic 4s. I've yet to find a single shop anywhere that caters specifically to that.

oh now its 250 miles. on HBGtuned it was 100 miles. and it doesnt matter if they never worked on a domestic 4 cylinder. if the guy knows what he is doing he can figure it out. and its dumb for any kind of car shop that caters to specifically to a certain kind of car. if they are smart they do all kinds. you know more bussiness = more money.
there is a shop in dillsburg that does work on domestics and imports. 4 cylinders and V8s. ill be taking my car there when i get the money.

and ill leave this thread alone so phil and matt can continue to jerk each other off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 01, 2008 8:38 AM

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, June 01, 2008 9:59 AM
99redz24 wrote:

Quote:

Animals ? Who @!#$ cares

you will care when you hit another deer at 80 mph

Shhhhhh, dont @!#$ warn him.....

Sunday, June 01, 2008 11:07 AM
I hope you all have fun at the bash... Cause I'll be there, and no where near this @!#$ storm... peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 01, 2008 11:10 AM

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Sunday, June 01, 2008 12:23 PM
I will have fun at the bash, Phil. Hanging out with my friends, running my car a couple times, checking out all the cars I have wanted to see for years. I won't be bringing up fights. I won't be stiring the pot. I won't even do any trash talking. I'm above that. This entire thread and almost every argument in it had started with the same exact catalyst: Matt running his mouth non-stop no matter what car he drives, and then backing out and cowering down when someone steps up to him and his empty challenges. He FINALY accepted a challenge that HE brought to the table in the first place. Then all this tuning @!#$ came up. Matt, you are a kid with a handheld, not a tuner. KIDS may be bringing their little rice rockets to you for tuning for the price alone. Pro's don't charge what they charge because they can just for the fun of it. They charge those prices because they can... and yes, THEY CAN, simply because of the schooling(16 hour cd-rom course about a 4 banger handheld LMAO!), the know how, the YEARS of experience, and the patience to do things right. They don't take days and weeks to keep @!#$ up and going thoguh trial and error on other people's cars. They get it on the dyno, tune it, and get it done. Shouldn't take more than a single work day, hell even half in some easier circumstances.

As for the whole "well the highway is safe, it's not a residential street" BS argument. You sound like a 16 year old street racing punk. That is the exact same argument that comes up time and time again. If you are driving your car in a way that you would not do in front of a cop, you are driving dangerously on a public road for the sake of tuning your car. I'm with Rosario on not warning you about deer and other things you CAN EASILY run into on the highway. You cannot predict what is going to happen on the highway. On a dyno, everything is a controlled environment. This argument will never, ever, ever, ever be won by the guy arguing how safe he is when street racing or street tuning his car.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, June 01, 2008 3:31 PM
Hp tuners is not a handheld its several programs with literally thousands of parameters and its also impossible to use without a laptop

My freaking code scanner from autozone is about as advanced as SCT your comparing apples and oranges.

And as for dillsburg theres nothing around there worth going to, DMS has a proven history of blowing up peoples cars and McNews cant even pay their phone bill

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, June 01, 2008 3:42 PM
post in the thread

Sunday, June 01, 2008 3:55 PM
ok Matt, but tell me the part of HPT that makes speeding and pushing your cars limits on public roads safe? that program sure would rock if it could.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Sunday, June 01, 2008 4:26 PM
what a bunch of @!#$ cry babies

Sunday, June 01, 2008 4:46 PM
Like I already said, that comment makes you sound like a whiny little street racing faggot that cant handle mature people calling you out on it.

Sunday, June 01, 2008 4:59 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote: McNews cant even pay their phone bill

gee thats funny cause i was talking to the Ray from McNews the other day. over the phone
and SCT comes with windows based software too. kind of like HPtuners.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:03 PM

Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:12 PM
Rodimus Prime wrote:what a bunch of @!#$ cry babies

seriously, just cut the wheel while "tuning" and hit a barrier

Wednesday, June 11, 2008 7:15 PM
Alright, one more update./ (yeah again, i have no other place to update people on my car lol).

King Cobra clutch installed, New carbon insert in the Fidanza clutch, and both front hubs replaced. Getting it all ready for my trip to the bash!

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:18 AM
Exhaust was paid for a few days ago, no idea when its coming in, still need tires, Bills upon bills, cant seem to get rid of my stock supercharger and stage 2 kit even though i have them at a killer price

Thursday, June 12, 2008 6:26 PM
I'm still praying for a miracle so I CAN make it to the bash, because Dustin promised me I'd get to drive the Mustang...

hey I felt left out of the whole updating thing... LMAO

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:21 PM
hahaha. yes. if you show, you can drive it... like down the road a block or 2.. and ill make sure to plug in my XCal2 and upload the "body shop" tune before you get behind the wheel

Thursday, June 12, 2008 7:36 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:and ill make sure to plug in my XCal2 and upload the "body shop" tune before you get behind the wheel

HAHA my body shop tune was 25mph and 3k redline.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 8:05 PM
haha yep. 3k red line on mine too.

Friday, June 13, 2008 10:52 PM
Hahaha, I can't blame you guys! I need a 6al before I have the z repainted!

Friday, June 13, 2008 11:34 PM
I don't post much, I can't understand why you don't race each other at the track in a bracket race. who cares if it's a I-4 against a V8
10 pages of crap in this thread. I used to be impressed by some of the knowledge on this forum, you younger guys have about these compact cars. I guess I am too old(48). I never had to prove that I had a POS car when my friends saw it do a wheelstand at the track. Action not words. Go with what you know and run what ya brung.

MY sig:

"Are you sure your A/F ratio is correct? That hole in your Block custom?"
Saturday, June 14, 2008 8:08 PM
ok. 1. we dont live in the same state. and 2. we wont be racing in any bracket racing because the only competitive racing at the bash is for GM tuner cars, which I dont own. This thread was started because im not some push over for matt to talk trash about and i actually call people on their BS when they talk about how amazing their @!#$ is and how they can beat everything on the market, and then back down. so matt got all butt hurt and felt the need to make a thread about it to try and show off about him finaly owning up to his own challenge. age and respect set aside, get over it if it bugs you dude. this thread turned into a lot of different things though lol.

and about the last 2 sentences, i completely agree with them. stop running your mouth and just prove it on the track, end of problem. but some people just feel better about themselves when they talk themselves up and never prove a damn thing.

Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:50 AM
oldschool78 wrote:I don't post much, I can't understand why you don't race each other at the track in a bracket race.

Rodimus wont bracket race since he sucks at it. and since he sucks at it he thinks its stupid

oldschool78 wrote:Action not words. Go with what you know and run what ya brung

right on man. some people need to learn this

ok enough of that. i finally got some parts in for the camaro. if i ever get off my butt today or later this week ill install them

Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:10 PM
OMG TIM MODDING THE CAMARO FINALY?!?! hahaha Didn't you bitch about "that costs money" when i said to mod it

Monday, June 16, 2008 2:20 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:OMG TIM MODDING THE CAMARO FINALY?!?! hahaha Didn't you bitch about "that costs money" when i said to mod it

lol STFU

Monday, June 16, 2008 5:51 PM
real racing is done heads up, if you need a head start, your obviously slower hence theres no point to racing in the first place

ill never be convinced otherwise

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search