My outtake on the bash this year - Page 4 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My outtake on the bash this year
Tuesday, August 05, 2008 6:13 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:the guy with "str8edge" in his user name says he likes a few beers lol. I find that hilarious. I have a lot of friends who believe in that whole straight edge thing and I find it absolutely hilarious that you call yourself that AND drink....

not all straight edgers subscribe to the same maxim. some dont drink, some do. some cut out women, some dont. some dont even cuss while most of them do.

Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:59 PM
well technically, it means no poisons(alcohol, drugs, cigs, etc..), and no meaningless sex. i know some people buffer their description. I personally see it as a stupid ass fad that people use so they can have some fancy label to fit in with their friends to feel good.... i was mostly just making the comment to bust the guys balls lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 3:06 AM
Quote:

well technically, it means no poisons(alcohol, drugs, cigs, etc..), and no meaningless sex

Wow.... and all that means, no fun.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 6:57 AM
SHOoff (Tuner Bash Beer God) wrote:
Quote:

well technically, it means no poisons(alcohol, drugs, cigs, etc..), and no meaningless sex

Wow.... and all that means, no fun.

agreed.....

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 8:24 PM
im not straight edge, but other than the no drinking part i think its a great way to live. just sounds like clean living to me and ive got nothing but respect for people that have that sort of self discipline

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 8:44 PM
tabs- same here man. nothing but respect to someone that can be able to enjoy life and have fun without the need of extra substance with life being completely fulfilled.

Wednesday, August 06, 2008 9:22 PM
Like I said, I have quite a few friends who go by it, good for them. It's the whole fad and labling thing I don't get. I mean, live your life poison free... but why do you need to have a label and @!#$ just to show it off? "hey look at me, I'm straight edge, oh you too? COOL We are part of an exclusive club because no other social group was good enough, or would accept me. Yes living my life as part of a group is what I am all about" those are the people that make "straight edge" annoying as hell to me.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 10:02 PM
straight edge has been a fringe punk subculture for 20-25+ years so i would hardly call it a fad. and i cant imagine there is a large enough group of SEs in maine that it should even be a problem. but even if it were, i have yet to meet those types of people that do it just for popularity so i dunno what to tell you about that.....

Thursday, August 07, 2008 7:50 PM
90% of the ones that are in Maine at all, are the "omg i need to be part of a group" kind... it's pretty sad when you think about what it is supposed to actually mean.

Friday, August 08, 2008 9:23 AM
well when a kid in maine i suppose you have 2 choices: join a militia or join SE. right?

Friday, August 08, 2008 11:21 AM
haha or just buy a lifted pickup, live with parents, work at a gas station and @!#$ your cousins.... yeah... i know a lot of kids like that. lol

Friday, August 08, 2008 1:46 PM
unfortunately so do i. our choice is to go on welfare or not

Friday, August 08, 2008 2:40 PM
WV....ME..... not so different when you break them down, except you cousin @!#$-ers get some damn beautiful mountains out there.

Friday, August 08, 2008 9:18 PM
you guys should discover chat...dustin, sign onto aim or something, even if its on ben's name

Saturday, August 09, 2008 7:33 AM
hahahahaha yeah... well ben could always just IM me on my screen name, it's pretty simple to figure out lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search