JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match - Page 12 - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: JLaudio vs. Rodimus Prime - The grudge match
Wednesday, June 25, 2008 11:42 AM
99redz24 wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:^^^ wow i always thought u had to remove the entire subframe to do ANYTHING with the front sway bar. i guess it would help if i have ever done any work on one lol

tenths eh... wow... my car did feel slower when i installed the rear sway...

i have a 98 camaro LS1.

Wow brad... just wow.

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 7:36 PM
haha self-owned. not that i have much room to talk as far as getting self owned on not knowing something lol

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Wednesday, June 25, 2008 8:28 PM
Exhaust goes on tomo W00T~!

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, June 25, 2008 9:48 PM
my new exhaust goes on as soon as i get home... you need new gauges and a roll cage to keep up with my "omg too much crap to do before the bash" modding lol

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Thursday, June 26, 2008 2:32 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:my new exhaust goes on as soon as i get home... you need new gauges and a roll cage to keep up with my "omg too much crap to do before the bash" modding lol

hahaha

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, June 27, 2008 11:29 PM
well jesus... lol i was just being honest. whats the problem, tom? a sway bar is un-sprung weight and they do weigh quite a bit. and yes i DID notice a difference in acceleration (slower) after i installed my rear sway.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 5:09 AM
z yaaaa wrote:well jesus... lol i was just being honest. whats the problem, tom? a sway bar is un-sprung weight and they do weigh quite a bit. and yes i DID notice a difference in acceleration (slower) after i installed my rear sway.

are you kidding me? lol my car was slower after a sway bar install... that thing weighs what.. 20 lbs?

*facepalm

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:27 AM
i know my car, well.

and 20lbs? i would say closer to 30 if not more.

if gains were made on a camaro by taking the front sway off i could see gains from a cavalier by taking it off as well.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:01 AM
z yaaaa wrote:i know my car, well.

and 20lbs? i would say closer to 30 if not more.

if gains were made on a camaro by taking the front sway off i could see gains from a cavalier by taking it off as well.

removing a front sway on a FWD might help in the way of weight removal. but thats where people that race a fwd car want weight, in the front.
people that race a rwd car like camaros, mustangs, and the like remove the front sway bar mainly because of 2 reasons

1) Weight off the nose. 15 lbs off the very front of the car, right where you want to lose it. people with RWD cars move the battery to the trunk for the same reason.

2) Your front sway bar keeps the up and down travel of your suspention to a min. Which is great for everyday driving and for roadracing, but is bad for drag racing. In a drag car you want the front suspetion to travel up and be limited only by the settings of your shocks. Removing the front sway bar will allow your nose to climb MUCH faster putting the weight where it belongs... Over your back tires

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:02 AM

Saturday, June 28, 2008 9:57 AM
Yeah, the sway bar removal is not a weight reduction mod. It is for weight transfer.

Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:05 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:Yeah, the sway bar removal is not a weight reduction mod. It is for weight transfer.

thank you mr. obvious.
but its still 15 pounds off the front end

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:06 AM

Saturday, June 28, 2008 10:23 AM
yeah i knew all that. i wasnt thinking about the suspension movement, my bad. i was just thinking in terms of weight reduction like you said 99redz24.

and when i said i noticed a difference in acceleration i was talking about my rear sway bar, not the front. the 3rd gen j doesnt come with a rear sway stock so it just adds to the un-sprung weight in the rear.

i like taking twistys so i had to sacrifice a little performance for a little handling.

Monday, June 30, 2008 6:19 AM
Exhaust is on and working, bit louder than a wanted but it came with magnaflow, i can always change it later

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 12:50 PM
holy nutsack of gold, this is the best post i've seen in quite a long time on ANY forum!!!! kinda miss it,.....nah...not really. but it is entertaining

Phil and Matt, you honestly should try dyno tuning...preferably a loading dyno of some sorts. not for the numbers, but for the simple use of different loading features that i know for a fact the HPT tuners doesnt do. applying different loads to the wheels can help you in tuning. track tuning is a good way, but street tuning....ehhhh not as good. Dynos are used in the cars at 24 hours of le mans, F1, Indy, Nascar, and even GT racing in the UK and Japan. these are multi-million dollar teams that need to get alot of work done and done fast.... if they utlilize dyno tunes by way of loading dynos and dynapacks.... you two saying you are above doing that says something about yourselves...not good.

overall if anything, saying you dont prefer to do it that way is one thing, but still respecting that people who do this for a living and dont get frustrated and momentarily quit cause something doesnt go their way...use it quite efficiently and effectively. they also use track data tuning, but for many reasons they also utilize dyno tuning as a legitament tool.....

JL audio, awesome.....looking forward to the results.

Tim, hilarious as usual. when you and matt finally do race, i'll take a drive up to pa or cecil county to video tape it.

Scruf...the knee is ready.

other than that....can't wait for the bash!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 1:19 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:.

Tim, hilarious as usual. when you and matt finally do race, i'll take a drive up to pa or cecil county to video tape it.

other than that....can't wait for the bash!

thank you. and i was down at Cecil once with the cav. it was nice but its almost if not over 3 hours away from me. ill just stick to what i got near me

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 8:18 PM
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:

First name is in registry. You hurt me feelings for the lack of research before posting! lol. Great to hear your input in any thread though. Does "looking forward to the bash" mean you are going?!?!?

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:10 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:

First name is in registry. You hurt me feelings for the lack of research before posting! lol. Great to hear your input in any thread though. Does "looking forward to the bash" mean you are going?!?!?

my bad, Dustin....my bad

nah, prob wont be making this years bash, unless something outlandishliy odd happens.

pro wrestling career has been goin good over the last two years.... still makin my way and learnin and performin

so far my schedule for this month is

July 12 CZW in philly
July 13 EWA in Parkville, MD
July 18 &19 in Dundalk, MD (should be interesting as the Iron Sheik will be there along with a few other WWE and TNA / ROH guys- but mainly the Sheik with his rantings now famous on youtube )
July 26th ACPW in Philly
Aug 1st EWA in Middle River, MD

every weekend i'm on the road doing some 200-300+ mile round trip....

part that kinda sucks is that i didnt even know when the bash was this year until machzel gave me a call last week. All my wrestling bookings are set for the next 3 months really. but hey, gimme the next best thing....someone get some video of this!!! please!

Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:18 PM
Candice will be bringing a camera with her to tape everything

Thursday, July 03, 2008 6:22 AM
I see JL Audio kicking Matt's ass... Mostly due to the fact that he at least appears to race more than half a dozen times a year, instead of talking about how fast it is without any times to back it up. Than I see the rest of the bash being used as time for Matt to make up excuses like:

1) How he didn't do a real launch because he didn't want to break
2)How the tuning was still rough with the Harrop
3)How it wasn't fair for JL to use nitrous
4) ____________________________
5) ____________________________
6) ____________________________
7) ____________________________
8) ____________________________
9) ____________________________
10) ___________________________

You guys feel free to fill in the blanks.....

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said
Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:01 AM
JerseyJayLN2 (Scarab) wrote:I see JL Audio kicking Matt's ass... Mostly due to the fact that he at least appears to race more than half a dozen times a year, instead of talking about how fast it is without any times to back it up. Than I see the rest of the bash being used as time for Matt to make up excuses like:

1) How he didn't do a real launch because he didn't want to break
2)How the tuning was still rough with the Harrop
3)How it wasn't fair for JL to use nitrous
4) ____________________________
5) ____________________________
6) ____________________________
7) ____________________________
8) ____________________________
9) ____________________________
10) ___________________________

You guys feel free to fill in the blanks.....
I will be shocked if this really even happens... When I challenged Matt he backed down like a baby and made all kinds of excuses.. I along with others think he just did not want to get his @ss handed to him by a 2200... I bet he would challenge me now that my motor is down... On a side note, I would like to see Matt strap it down on the dyno to see what this new charger puts out....

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:22 PM
I'm not here for the trash talk honestly. I personally am trying to keep a very open mind and level head with this.(although how @!#$ mature is it to start a thread about a race that is only happening because too many people caught you running your mouth in the first place lol). But anywho, I am bringing all the parts to rebuild my rear end on-site if needed. So the breakage excuses will not be coming from me, that's for sure . Also, who knows what he might do and what might fail on my part. I could lose guys, I wouldn't be so sure on it lol. And for the record, this car has not been on a 1/4 mile track since the motor was built. And it has not been run on ANY track at all with the slicks. So this will be a nice trial and error for me with the car as it sits. A lot has gone on with this car since it last saw any track time.

But in case anyone is keeping tabs:
-New Roush side exit mufflers and tips are waiting for install
-All new race panel with Autometer Lunar gauges are waiting for install
-Bottles will be filled before I leave, or somewhere in Ohio before race day.
-Slicks are BEGGING me to put them to use since I bought them in December lol.
-6 Point roll cage will be welded in as soon as I get home from this work trip
-I finally got the info for running the 2-step on my XCal2
-A couple small things will be buttoned up before I leave. Like Making sure every nut and bolt on the car is tight, changing the oil, fixing the lose pcv connector etc..
-Speedcal is being ordered tonight so my speedometer will finally read correctly with my 4.10's and I won't need to keep doing the math lol.

All and all, I am getting more and more pumped for the bash, as well as finally getting some track time in this year with the Molestang

Thursday, July 03, 2008 9:58 PM
Dustin, Let me know if you need to get your bottles filled in Ohio.. I am sure we will have a mother bottle or 2 at the shop where dyno session is...

P&P Tuning
420.5whp / 359.8wtq

Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:21 PM
ImPhat0260/Cavattack2000 wrote:I will be shocked if this really even happens... When I challenged Matt he backed down like a baby and made all kinds of excuses.. I along with others think he just did not want to get his @ss handed to him by a 2200... I bet he would challenge me now that my motor is down... On a side note, I would like to see Matt strap it down on the dyno to see what this new charger puts out....

i remember that thread. didnt that thread go something like Rod challengeing any 2.2 ohv/2200 car then when you accepted he backed down and made excuses?

Dustin
i know of a place in PA where you can get your bottles filled. but it might be out of your way

Thursday, July 03, 2008 10:32 PM
Tim, PA is going to be out of the way, I-90 only runs through the upper tip of PA. Thanks though.

Ryan, That sounds like a kick ass idea. What kind of price are we talking here? I have two 10 pound bottles to fill

Thursday, July 03, 2008 11:44 PM
Dustin theres 4 places in rochester alone, there fill stattions in buffalo and albany as well....all along 90

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search