Car Cruise In To Benefit Martinsburg WV Officer! - Events Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Car Cruise In To Benefit Martinsburg WV Officer!
Monday, June 16, 2008 6:11 PM
JR Butcher, a Martinsburg WV police officer, has been diagnosed with melanoma cancer. The cancer has spread to his brain. Mr. Butcher has had several surgeries related to the cancer. He is 29 years of age, with a wife and two small children.

Route 40 Cruisers, a local car club in Hagerstown MD, is presenting a benefit car show cruise in at Barefoot Bernies & Cancun Cantina West on the Dual Highway in Hagerstown Maryland on Sunday June 22nd 2008. The show is from 12:00 noon until 6:00pm. The show is open to all age groups and all vehicle groups (old & new).

We will be having 50-50 drawings, and we will be raffleing off a 19inch flat screen TV, a DVD/VCR recorder, his & her mountian bikes, a gas grill, and an air plane ride for 2 with a tour of Frederick MD.

We will be having a kids corner, food and drink will be available for purchase from Barefoot Bernies, and we will have 5 live bands playing the stage at Cancun Cantia West. We have Hicktown, Leadfoot, Deadlocked, Fuze and Jester playing, as well as a DJ outside for the show.

If you wish to put your vehicle in the show, there will be a $5.00 donation at the gate, which will get you admittance to the show, as well as one arm band to get in to see the bands. Anyone else wishing to see the bands, there will be a $5.00 donation at the door. Spectators to the show are free, and children 12 and under are free.

There will be alcohol at this event, so if you plan on coming, make sure everyone has valid ID.

Again, this show is a benefit show for JR Butcher. All proceeds will go directly to the family. Bring your family, and your vehicle (car, truck, SUV, motorcyce... old & new) and help us help this family.

If anyone has any questions, you can call Stacey or Chris at 240.291.7374, or message me.

Hope to see you there!

Re: Car Cruise In To Benefit Martinsburg WV Officer!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 7:18 AM
I'd put this up in the regional forum too if you haven't, it would get more attention there

Depending on what's going on with this job Sunday, if it falls through I'll be coming back from Virginia on Sunday, and I take 81 to 70, so I'll be in the area and be sure to stop by. If the job goes through, I won't be able to make it, but I'll call and see if I can still send a donation or something

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:32 PM
ok thanks and hope you can make it.
Saturday, June 21, 2008 12:37 PM
ok everybody the show is tomorrow. if anybody is coming let me know or just show up. thanks again gary.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search