Go to replace my tires - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Go to replace my tires
Thursday, December 10, 2009 7:27 PM
I have the original tires on the vehicle,Goodyear Eagle RSA 205/55/16.

They have 76,000 on them, and even have 5/32 and 6/32 left.

I have to replace them only because of all the cracks in them, almost like dry rotting, getting ready for a 2000 mile trip in two weeks, and dont want any tire problems in the middle of nowhere.

I have to say these are the best tires I've ever had, just rotated ever other oil changed and checked the pressure monthly. These things spent a lot of time at 70mph on the higway and never gave any viberation fo anything, I balanced them every so often though, but still cant complain

Anyways getting another set of exactly what came on the car, get my discount at work, so paying actual price of $260 for the set.

Anyone else had this much good luck with these tires?

Another note, going to be putting the third set of pads on as well, got 35,000 on the first set, and about 41,000 on this set, think I will buy NAPA midgrade pads/rotors again, had good luck with them, and they didnt squeal, and until recently didnt pulsate, not it doesnt slighty but the pads are about 5%, so getting those next week along with the tires

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Re: Go to replace my tires
Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:13 PM
The only Goodyears i've ever had on my car were the Viva 2's, and they weren't too bad Got a set of mastercraft avenger Lsrs on there now an 80,000 mile tire. As long as you keep up on the rotation when needed your in good shape, the only time we have serious problems with the dryrotting etc is in the summer out here when it gets to be like 114 115 etc. When i bought mine the tires it came with were those Bf goodrich touring ta tires 195 65 15, The last few sets of tires i've gotten for that car for some reason people don't seem to know the difference between all season Radial and touring tires. I could see touring tires or performance tires if i had the ls sport, but since mines just a plain old ls sedan i don't see how hard it should be to find a decent set of all season radials.
Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:21 PM
Bridgestone Pontenza's

Although my front ones will need replaced next summer from all the tire spinning I put them through when I first had them... but I'm starting to wonder if the rear ones will last forever... they've been on there 2 years and still look like new (and stick like hell).... although the car doesnt get driven in the winter or have those tires on it in the winter.

Friday, December 11, 2009 5:53 AM
im gonna need some new rubber... just bought the car and im just laughing at the things im finding... couldnt figure out why only my rear drivers tire was bald... until i checked the pressure in it.... 71psi.... LOL... that'll do it... im shocked it didnt blow on me... goodyears for the win!
Friday, December 11, 2009 2:11 PM
Just took my eagle F1 GS-D3 tires off to switch to winters and 2 of them are finally dead, the other 2 are still good for awile. Just didn't rotate them enough near the end of summer cause i knew I was getting new one's next season. Anyway they lasted just a bit over 100k from 2 seasons of mostly highway+spirited driving Great in the rain and great for dry traction. Plus they look sporty.
Friday, December 11, 2009 9:44 PM
I'm just about in need of tires. I have BFG g-force sports and will get about 30K out of them. That's with rotating them every oil change. I have a little over 26K right now. These puppies never make noise, look good, semi low pros, and are great on corners but aren't that great in wet weather. I think I'll be going with something different.

Friday, December 11, 2009 11:07 PM
Eagle RS/A's are the way to go, on my third set now at 189,000 miles (the first being the factory set). Make sure you stick with the H-rated rubber, though. My second set was V-rated rubber (much softer than the H-rated tires) and I only got about 50,000 miles out of them, and lots more rubber deposits in the wheel wells and mudflaps. When you do comparison shopping, I was suprised that a new set of Eagle RS/A's is usually about the best priced option. Aftermarket Goodyear rubber used to be rather expensive...

"You can argue with your maker, but in the end you just can't win."- Rich Mullins
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search