**Summer Boredom** - Page 17 - Canadian Mid West Region Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: **Summer Boredom**
Wednesday, July 06, 2011 11:33 PM
Tony T Crams wrote:I build computers to outlast the machines you can buy off the shelf by a year or so. Laptops are the trend lately, so I'll be ahead for a couple years, most likely. Did I mention Dual graphics cards and an SSD for the OS and at least the heavier games like Gothic 3 & 4.

Insane build. You are kinda tempting me to build a new beast. I still am running a dual core with 8gb ram and 500gb harddrive. Has been a good setup for the past 4 years... Sh*t that's old after I think about it. oops...

Thursday, July 07, 2011 12:21 AM
Mine is 4 now, too. It has random crashes that I can't figure out where they're coming from. I have a similar setup to yours but with only 2 GB of RAM because I ended up having to cheap out and compromise. AMD FX-60 CPU hammers out tons of power for its age, though.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, July 08, 2011 9:20 AM
what os are you running that can be a cause to crashing and problem, I have a brand new top of the line laptop, and had to remove window 7 64 bit and downgrade to 32 bit untill my new WIFI card comes in

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Sunday, July 10, 2011 5:06 PM
little penis.

stupid assed computer isn't working. not reading the PS2 port for the keyboard OR the USB one I have. now it's not even registering something else that I can't remember what it's called.

JBO Stickers are back!!!! Click Me!!
Sunday, July 10, 2011 9:43 PM
AJ B wrote:what os are you running that can be a cause to crashing and problem, I have a brand new top of the line laptop, and had to remove window 7 64 bit and downgrade to 32 bit untill my new WIFI card comes in

I run a heavily tweaked (i.e stripped down for performance) version of XP Pro (NTFS permissions are handy for keeping spyware and virii at bay). I didn't want Vista, and 7 isn't compatible with half my hardware.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Monday, July 11, 2011 10:20 AM
I would love to have xp, I was running 238mb version of xp with custom programs, but I really do not want to go into making drivers, Im not running Linux lol, and windows 7 is good except when you run 64 bit and if kills your battery amazingly fast

"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my ride." -Amen
Monday, July 11, 2011 10:12 PM
Computers with batteries are for people with vaginas.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 10:01 AM
I can still do anything on my laptop that you can with your computer...PLUS.....business requires one

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 11:36 PM
I would doubt that. Unless you have a REALLY nice Vaio. I say Vaio because there are only a few other laptops that have Blu Ray Players on them.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, July 13, 2011 8:53 AM
check it out lol

Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:23 PM
so...should I post a photo of all 4 of my js lol, red sunflower, silver sunflower, metallic Z24, and black Z24 lol, the black is being ripped appart this week, metallic on being upgraded lol

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 8:20 PM
hmmm, considering this is a car and not computer forum, I'll bring this back to normal.

I've decided not to give up on the @!#$fire. Ordered a new Centerforce Dual friction clutch and a Hays Throw out bearing today. should be here at some point. 7-10 days then the install will happen at the beginning of next month.

Thursday, July 21, 2011 11:12 PM
Cool. I still want an early 3rd gen with a 2.2 to work on. 2.4 is nice, but I know more about OHVs. Just can't spend the money on ANOTHER car atm. Otherwise I'd buy the AE86 for sale around here.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, July 22, 2011 8:14 AM
tony too bad your in alberta lol jbodies are VERy cheap out here lol, all 3 cars I bought here cost less then $2000, all in good shape

Friday, July 22, 2011 9:43 AM
The wife says I have to clean up the yard before I can get another car. My friend's Cougar has to move, my cav has to get to the farm for the swap, and the Beretta has to be either sold or given away before I can buy another car. Which is too bad. There was a Pontiac Sunburst for sale with a good body and bad engine/tranny that would have made an interesting swap candidate for the 3.1.

And just to get things back away from cars a bit: My six core Thuban 3.2 GHz CPU arrived yesterday, and a little tip for anyone looking to upgrade their computer, memory is cheap right now. I'm getting 16 GB of good DDR3 for $150.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Friday, July 22, 2011 11:01 AM
nice price, ya I love having ram my max on this board I think is 16 gig lol, ya Im running out of room for cars lol 4 cars is 2 too many lol, we have the sunflower if can sell for $500 its gone

Friday, July 22, 2011 10:38 PM
Anyone ever get their seats re-upholstered? I'm thinking about getting mine done in leather-look vinyl.

2010 Honda Fit LX
Saturday, July 23, 2011 6:21 PM
there is a place in Leduc that can do them cheap and place here in PG but not sure in GP

Saturday, July 23, 2011 7:44 PM
new sig

Monday, July 25, 2011 12:04 PM
AJ B wrote:there is a place in Leduc that can do them cheap and place here in PG but not sure in GP

Hmmm... I go down to the Edmonton area and stay in Leduc once a year or so. Maybe I can have them do it in the fall. I'm in no hurry. What's the place called?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:27 PM
Exclusive Upholstery & Restoration Company I think thats the company kinda off to the side in behind nice guys

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 9:39 PM
Cool. When I'm there I'll give them a call. Have you had work done by them? If so, what did they do and what did you pay?

2010 Honda Fit LX
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:21 PM
pictures of the 99 and 97 and transformation of the 97 on my facebook page now , still in process the rest happens after Im in the new place

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 9:41 PM
Arg. Freaking computer bull@!#$ is pissing me off! @!#$ thing isn't connecting to a wireless signal. Fml. It reads it as being there, but it's too stupid to connect properly. I have gone through everything now :-(

Thursday, July 28, 2011 9:00 AM
brad what operating system you running and whats the wireless card?
Tony no I didnt have work done by them, but one of my friends got his back seat done by them and looked great he matched his front sparcos

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search