Stage 3 ECO cams - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Stage 3 ECO cams
Friday, December 02, 2005 4:11 PM
I'll be watching this very carefully. But I'll tell you one thing. I'm not jumping on the bandwagon too early like I did with theLZM cams. I want to see these work on a few cars before I buy anything.

Sounds awesome. I hope they are for real.

2004 Cavalier
13.2@105........
Mods...
BFG Drag Radials
Saab Turbo kit
2.5 exhaust, w/cutout
Spec Stage 2+ Clutch

Friday, December 02, 2005 4:16 PM
Well honestly if you are going to sell a product for that much doesn't the customer deserve to have a better description of it, like examples of dyno graphs, etc? Obviously not everyone will have the same results, but if they aren't going to release the grind data then why not tell customers what applications the product works best for? To me its kind of rediculous.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Friday, December 02, 2005 4:19 PM
Maybe we have to wait for the Stage 4 cams to find out what the ??? ??? ???? means....

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Friday, December 02, 2005 4:22 PM
Well I emailed them to get some further information, as soon as I hear anything I'll post it up. This is something I really want but I to am not going to jump on the banwagon right away. I don't feel like clearing codes all the time. I may by them soon if they gaurantee me a refund if they give codes.

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:06 PM
BlackEco wrote:Well honestly if you are going to sell a product for that much doesn't the customer deserve to have a better description of it, like examples of dyno graphs, etc? Obviously not everyone will have the same results, but if they aren't going to release the grind data then why not tell customers what applications the product works best for? To me its kind of rediculous.

You said it yourself, even if they do show dynos, doesn't mean that you will have the same result, so showing a dyno is pointless.

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Friday, December 02, 2005 5:53 PM
Showing 2 or 3 runs on different cars would not be pointless, giving a customer an idea of what one might expect is better than no clue at all. Incomplete data is always better than no data at all, you can't begin to see the picture until someone starts to drop pieces of the puzzle onto the table. Usually after a few pieces you can tell if the picture is a barn or a supdermodel.

15.71 @ 87.9mph 9-17-05
Friday, December 02, 2005 6:28 PM
i'm looking into this but i'm waitring for some test dummies i'm not jump on the band wagon like i did LZM cams also. but my cams started to work good when i got my full exhaust and header done. i didnt throw codes and top was really strong. but b4 exhaust got done they sucked ass.

MY 2003 SUNFIRE 15.6@86mph

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
money unless their blown or bottle fed.GM is still smokin crack!"
~1QWKZ24
www.streetracing.org, 08/2001
Friday, December 02, 2005 8:40 PM
BlackEco wrote:Showing 2 or 3 runs on different cars would not be pointless, giving a customer an idea of what one might expect is better than no clue at all. Incomplete data is always better than no data at all, you can't begin to see the picture until someone starts to drop pieces of the puzzle onto the table. Usually after a few pieces you can tell if the picture is a barn or a supdermodel.

I guess I understand what you're saying.

Friday, December 02, 2005 11:13 PM
JBP!! Gimmie Stg3 LD9 Cams!!!

Saturday, December 03, 2005 2:23 AM
Quote:

Usually after a few pieces you can tell if the picture is a barn or a supdermodel.

Less than a few.

-M

Remember....syringes go in the RED waste basket.
Saturday, December 03, 2005 5:29 AM
I wouldn't touch a set of cams if they don't give you proper lift, and duration at .050" numbers.
I would also be worried about this statement
Quote:

they explains its a tri-flow design

Saturday, December 03, 2005 5:41 AM
I just remembered, I emailed them about 1 1/2-2 yrs ago, to tell them that there was a typo on their site . The stage 2, 2.4 cams are listed as 260/268 duration at .050" lift.
That is not possible, or at least very, very unlikely. My wildest full race cams are in the 250 range, and thats for a much less duration sensitive 2V motor.
Your 2.4 wouldn't idle below 2500RPM, if at all with that much duration.
They told me that it was right. Clearly its the advertised duration, not duration at .050".
I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with their stuff. I know who does their cams, and his work is fine. Results are results, just take what 'info' they give you with a grain of salt.
Saturday, December 03, 2005 9:50 AM
Yeah, I'll agree with NOSfly... something aint right.

Tri-flow design means each lobe is different, or at leash every other pair... so half of your valves are "stage i" per say, and the other half are "stage II".

Colt Cams (both JBP and Level Zero's supplier) does good work, they just dont release very accurate #s.

I kinda wonder if these are the same grind as the LZM tri-flows, which have been out for a while now and running CEL free that I've seen them in. Oh yeah, they're cheaper too ($499).

Saturday, December 03, 2005 10:20 AM
inever did take mine to a dyno but i will say it was noticeable after installing them mainly above 3000 rpms with head work i believe id gain alittle of my bottom end back again though over all im happy with them

The one, the only, ME.
Monday, December 05, 2005 1:53 AM
did anyone notice that they list all the ecotec cams for the 2.2/2.4 ecotec. Doesnt the 2.4 have some type of VVT, how would these cams work with that.

Click the banner to enter the best Quad4 & Twin Cam site on the internet.
Monday, December 05, 2005 3:42 AM
urweak wrote:did anyone notice that they list all the ecotec cams for the 2.2/2.4 ecotec. Doesnt the 2.4 have some type of VVT, how would these cams work with that.

According to JBP, it should work fine.

Monday, December 05, 2005 7:17 AM
Still no e-mail

Thursday, December 08, 2005 1:16 PM
one question still remians.. whos gonna be the guinea pig to try these cams on? lol

"A N/A ecotec is not gonna give Honda's and Mitsu's that much of a run for their
~1QWKZ24
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:21 PM
Did anyone else happen to get an update on this? I sent an email and got nothing in return and everytime I try to call I don't get an answer. Just curious if any one else had any luck?

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 6:35 PM
^^^^^^^ thats JBP for ya they dont seem too willing to help out or answer questions when ive tried either

The one, the only, ME.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:26 PM
maybe they are real busy or something bc everytime i called in the past they always answered and helped me out.

~1QWKZ24

Monday, March 21, 2011 11:19 AM
Hello reviving this post I was looking into JBP cams for a project to do this summer. I know if i get cams i need new valve springs most likely bigger injectors and a tune. But i was wondering if anyone has bought the stage 3 cams? I'm trying to get the most power from my cams, and if no has tried them would you guys recommend their stage 1 or stage 2 cams because the website stage 2 throws off the computer and stage 1 and 3 does not?

gilligan
Monday, March 21, 2011 11:27 AM
well for 1 dont use JBP, go with comp cams and go with stage 3 since you place vavle springs...i would also recommend going with a PNP job on the head you plan to use

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Monday, March 21, 2011 12:51 PM
Why jbp stage 3 cams? Is there something wrong with them or what?

gilligan
Wednesday, March 26, 2014 6:55 AM
so with the comp stage 3 would i need to port and polish the head? with the cam would i also need new injectors if so where could i get them and what could i get? how much hp/tg would i benifit from doing this would it even be worth it?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search