-MD- Pulleys, Discusion, Cranks and Alternators-Long Read- - Page 6 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: -MD- Pulleys, Discusion, Cranks and Alternators-Long Read-
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:08 AM
^Wouldn't you like to know...........

Brad, this isn't something you'd want to run anyway....pm me or mike if you want to know more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:23 AM

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!" -Anonymous

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 1:25 PM
Brad call me if you are interested. LOL
Ld9 GP is live, and so is m62 to l61 adapter gp.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 6:26 PM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
Brad (joining JBOShortBus) wrote:waiting for the LN2 crank

Working on pricing.

sweet.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:36 AM
Admiral Jedi wrote:It's about time. I've been waiting for the L61 crank pulley for ages!

Me too.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:08 AM
Your not the only one.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, November 11, 2009 4:49 AM
I have one of Mike's alt pulleys. Very, very nice piece

Jason
99 Z24 Supercharged
157hp/171tq - NA
190hp/170tq @ 6psi

LG0/LD9 for Life
Wednesday, December 23, 2009 8:12 PM
Any updates on pricing for us LN2 guys?

Saturday, December 26, 2009 7:21 AM
Nope not yet. Sorry man.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Saturday, December 26, 2009 8:33 AM
ok, thanks for the little update.

Saturday, December 26, 2009 12:20 PM
when you make the ln2 ones, will it fit the 2.2 and 2200 ln2's?
Saturday, December 26, 2009 6:06 PM
I'll answer for him, Yes, they will.

Saturday, December 26, 2009 11:42 PM
awesome, thanks man
Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:41 AM
So do you have any OS LD9 crank pulley's?

FU Tuning

Sunday, December 27, 2009 6:53 AM
Once I got my alternator pulley on, I never looked back. Haven't had a single problem with it, it's still holding up perfectly today

" To study and not think is a waste. To think and not study is dangerous. "
Sunday, February 21, 2010 4:11 PM
Rodney Figueroa <inarifennec> wrote:

Hey Md. It's been a few years, I suppose I'm sending this more as a courtesy since it has been an awfully long time.

I was part of one of the original GP's for your 2.4 crank pulley. I have to say that I am still satisfied with the quality of the product you delivered all those years ago.

I just wanted to let you know that it's been in the car, been in since about 20k miles, and I'm on the verge of rolling over 90k. It's survived dozens of passes on a track, heavy freeway driving, you name it.

I figured I should at least chime in and let you know that your product is solid, has stood the test of time as far as I'm concerned, and figured it would be good to fill you in.

Thanks man.

Thanks man, I'm glad you like it, and they have treated you well over the years.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:28 AM
Ok, an update of sorts. Firstly....I will get any ordered / paid for pulleys shipped out as soon as I can. Most will be shipped by Friday.

I will be resurrecting the LN2 Crank pulley GP feeler soon. I'm becoming very busy with wedding stuff, I'm getting Married June 25th. Look for more info on this the last week in June, or the first week in July. Since I'll be on vacation.

I'm currently working on a LG0/W41 sized crank pulley for the quad 4 forum people.. So if any LD9 people are looking for a under driven crank pulley....this is for you, and this might be the ONLY batch I make.

L61, LE5, LNF, and any of the Saturn motor ecotecs. I'm still designing the crank pulley. My latest design is a steel center with an aluminum pulley outer. I have came to the conclusion that an all aluminum crank pulley "will" fail under high RPM use, and if a two step is used. I will not sell it unless I'm 100% sure it is a great product. Strangely, High Horse Power doesn't seem to brake an all aluminum crank pulley. The stress on the pulley is just different enough....

I will certainly make anyone an one off pulley. In any shape, size, or material. My prototype cost is $300-$500 at 100% cost, and no profit to me. I have been asked a few times about some one off pulleys, and this is what I have told everyone. I can not lower that cost since I do not own a machine shop.

Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:32 AM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:34 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
I'm currently working on a LG0/W41 sized crank pulley for the quad 4 forum people.. So if any LD9 people are looking for a under driven crank pulley....this is for you, and this might be the ONLY batch I make.

I have been tossing around the idea of buying one of your pulleys for a looooong time. If you make the ones mentioned above I will definitely jump in on that.

Also did I at one point read right in you saying you could fix the crappy underdrive pulleys that eat away the fron seal so that they dont? I have one and id rather get it fixed then throw it away.

Wednesday, June 09, 2010 10:54 AM
Zs Z wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:

I have been tossing around the idea of buying one of your pulleys for a looooong time. If you make the ones mentioned above I will definitely jump in on that.

Also, did I at one point read right in you saying you could fix the crappy under drive pulleys that eat away the fron seal so that they dont? I have one and id rather get it fixed then throw it away.

Yes, I have been fixing them for a while now. Normally it is 35-50 depending on how many I get my buddy to fix at one time.

The LG0/W41 crank pulley is no longer being made, and people are having a hard time even finding ones at the yard.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, June 09, 2010 11:15 AM
-MD- Enforcer wrote:
Zs Z wrote:
-MD- Enforcer wrote:

Also, did I at one point read right in you saying you could fix the crappy under drive pulleys that eat away the fron seal so that they dont? I have one and id rather get it fixed then throw it away.

Yes, I have been fixing them for a while now. Normally it is 35-50 depending on how many I get my buddy to fix at one time.

The LG0/W41 crank pulley is no longer being made, and people are having a hard time even finding ones at the yard.

Sweet, ill shoot you a pm when I get some funds together to get that pulley fixed.

and if you make those pulleys i will make myself have funds...who needs cable anyways lol

Monday, June 14, 2010 9:24 AM
mike, how much whp do you realistically think your alternator pulley alone would free up? how about an AEM thats larger to slow it down?

how much do you think the accessories really rob anyway?

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Monday, June 14, 2010 10:15 AM
Brad I have never weighed an AEM under pulley, and do not know what percent it is under driven.

PRND321 Till I DIE

Monday, June 14, 2010 8:05 PM
Brad, I had the AEM pulley and yes, it's light and about as light as MD's pulley.
On the size, it's twice it's size of the MD and I guess I need to post up a couple of pictures of the two were it not for the fact that I've already moved it to storage for the move this month.

On the underdrive of the AEM, it's alot.
With the underdrive crank pulley, I needed to have 1300 to 1500 rpm to get the alternator to go into charge mode.
With the stock alternator pulley and underdrive crank pulley, the car charges from 900 and up which is where I've got my idle set via HPT.
I personally got frustrated with the AEM's underdrive that kept me having to rev the car constantly to keep it on charge.
Now with the stock pulley on there, no issues whatsoever.

MD, thanks for the pulley. It looks superfluous and can't wait to install it once I put a few miles on the car after 21 months on jack stands.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Monday, June 14, 2010 1:23 PM
Last I was told, my alternator pulley was a lot lighter than the AEM pulley.

Thanks blu, and I hope you like it.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Monday, June 14, 2010 3:01 PM
lol ive got two aem pullies. IMO mike, yours is a bit lighter, yes. it has to be, they are both billet aluminum, and the AEM is at least twice the size.

id just like to figure out how much it actually helps thats all. maybe it'd be easier to just pop the serp belt off at the track and charge between rounds if it saves some hp. james, i believe its just the automatic cars that have charging issues at idle with the aem. mine had the same issues, i finally just said screw it and took the AEM off. but im saving it for my other project...

pics for size comparison...

180hp in 1989 or 145hp in 2002, you decide. >
Monday, June 14, 2010 3:55 PM
the aem is giant...

personally i like the color of my MD alt pulley

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search