-MD- Pulleys, Discusion, Cranks and Alternators-Long Read- - Page 4 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: -MD- Pulleys, Discusion, Cranks and Alternators-Long Read-
Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:21 PM
well....

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Thursday, February 14, 2008 3:39 AM
Trying to wrap up the LD9 GP, and getting a working L61 prototype.
Its only mid feb now.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:33 AM
Its getting to the late end of feb. Remember, there is only 29 days this month.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:37 AM
i'd like a pulley for the ld9..are they underdirve though, or just light weight?
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:38 AM
crank pulley that is ^^^
Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:48 AM
Weston Nicola wrote:i'd like a pulley for the ld9..are they underdirve though, or just light weight?

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=50&i=32608&t=32608

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:29 PM
Thanks joe

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 3:53 AM
HOLY @!#$ L61 / LE5 CRANK PULLEYS
Stock weight: 57.04oz
My pulley weight: 28.4oz.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:30 AM
Wow, that pulley sure looks badazz, where mine?? LOL

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:39 AM
I think i have one of the original 35 LAD9 crank pulleys. I bought it of another .org member so i'm not 100% sure. I had the pulley off the other day when i put my cams in and noticed that the crank seal had wore a groove into the aluminum, causing a small oil leak. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? i'm not necessarily putting the pulley at fault.. i'm just wondering if the seal went bad and messed up the pulley or if the aluminum just wore over time. The pulley has only been installed since fall and the previous owner never installed it as far as i know.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:28 PM
I've heard of this happening to other pullies that are aluminum based.
I guess that's the price you pay for wanting to have something that is lightweight.

It's not like you can't get another and replace the seal with a new one.
Good luck with it.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:54 PM
sleepy sunfire wrote:I think i have one of the original 35 LAD9 crank pulleys. I bought it of another .org member so i'm not 100% sure. I had the pulley off the other day when i put my cams in and noticed that the crank seal had wore a groove into the aluminum, causing a small oil leak. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? i'm not necessarily putting the pulley at fault.. i'm just wondering if the seal went bad and messed up the pulley or if the aluminum just wore over time. The pulley has only been installed since fall and the previous owner never installed it as far as i know.

If you seal was very hard and brittle it could have worn a groove in the aluminum pulley. One person with my pulleys has seen this on theirs. No one else I know of has had this problem with my pulleys. They are also hard coated to help prevent this from happening. That is the only reason they are hard coated. Your the second person out of everyone that has had it happen. I can not remember their name, but they replaced the seal, and it stopped the leak. I never heard anything else from them.

Eric, 97cavie24ls(™), showed everyone a picture of an uncoated Apex crank pulley that had the groove worn into the snout. That is where the whole hard coat came from.

Added...
Could you send me a pic?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 22, 2008 12:55 PM

PRND321 Till I DIE
Tuesday, April 22, 2008 1:27 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:HOLY @!#$ L61 / LE5 CRANK PULLEYS
Stock weight: 57.04oz
My pulley weight: 28.4oz.

oooooooooo , pretty

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 4:26 PM
-MD- LD9 wrote:
sleepy sunfire wrote:I think i have one of the original 35 LD9 crank pulleys. I bought it of another .org member so i'm not 100% sure. I had the pulley off the other day when i put my cams in and noticed that the crank seal had wore a groove into the aluminum, causing a small oil leak. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? i'm not necessarily putting the pulley at fault.. i'm just wondering if the seal went bad and messed up the pulley or if the aluminum just wore over time. The pulley has only been installed since fall and the previous owner never installed it as far as i know.

If you seal was very hard and brittle it could have worn a groove in the aluminum pulley. One person with my pulleys has seen this on theirs. No one else I know of has had this problem with my pulleys. They are also hard coated to help prevent this from happening. That is the only reason they are hard coated. Your the second person out of everyone that has had it happen. I can not remember their name, but they replaced the seal, and it stopped the leak. I never heard anything else from them.

Eric, 97cavie24ls(™), showed everyone a picture of an uncoated Apex crank pulley that had the groove worn into the snout. That is where the whole hard coat came from.

Added...
Could you send me a pic?

I figured that was the reason for the hard coat. The main reason i asked is since it was one of the first batch i thought maybe it wasn't hard coated or something. I'll try changing the seal and see how that goes. I didn't have my camera with me the day i had it off so i don't have a pic right now... i plan on doing some work on the car this weekend so I'll pop it off an snap a quick picture for ya.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 5:41 PM
Those L61 pulleys look badass, are they for sale yet? If so, how much?
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 3:43 AM
sleepy sunfire wrote:
-MD- LD9 wrote:
sleepy sunfire wrote:I think i have one of the original 35 LD9 crank pulleys. I bought it of another .org member so i'm not 100% sure. I had the pulley off the other day when i put my cams in and noticed that the crank seal had wore a groove into the aluminum, causing a small oil leak. Has anyone else had this problem or is it just me? i'm not necessarily putting the pulley at fault.. i'm just wondering if the seal went bad and messed up the pulley or if the aluminum just wore over time. The pulley has only been installed since fall and the previous owner never installed it as far as i know.

Added...
Could you send me a pic?

I figured that was the reason for the hard coat. The main reason i asked is since it was one of the first batch i thought maybe it wasn't hard coated or something. I'll try changing the seal and see how that goes. I didn't have my camera with me the day i had it off so i don't have a pic right now... i plan on doing some work on the car this weekend so I'll pop it off an snap a quick picture for ya.

Thanks.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:19 AM
skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, ..............................skeet

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 5:35 AM
locdizzel wrote:skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, skeet, ..............................skeet

Now how are you suppose to play MGO Friday with all that goo on your PS3 controller.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, April 23, 2008 9:51 AM
lol d'oh gott buy a new one

Kill list:03 eclipse, 06 GTO, 04 Mach 1 Mustang

Sunday, April 27, 2008 5:22 PM
Here are the pics of my pulley.

As i looked closer when taking the pics I noticed the groove isn't as bad as i originally thought. A new seal should fix it right up.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 7:10 PM
buyer for an l61 set here

and if for any reason you need a test gerbil for one of the prototype L61 pullies I'm right here for ya

------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------
Those so naive, so hard headed, so narcissistic, that think that buy their own efforts can single handedly change the world, are always the ones that do.

Sunday, April 27, 2008 10:28 PM
I want one. I want a release date too!

Buy My Crap.
Random Stuff:http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6590
Saab Turbo Kit: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=65062#post65062
Innovate WBO2 Sensor Kit: http://www.ecotecforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6591
Monday, April 28, 2008 9:45 AM
I would like an alt and crank for my 2200. time/ price?

DRIVE HARD OR DONT DRIVE AT ALL!!!

Monday, April 28, 2008 1:11 PM
sleepy sunfire wrote:Here are the pics of my pulley.
As i looked closer when taking the pics I noticed the groove isn't as bad as i originally thought. A new seal should fix it right up.

A new seal and you sould be good to go.
CAVI.DEMON wrote:I would like an alt and crank for my 2200. time/ price?

I have a few uncoated alternator pulley right now, and no idea on the LN2 cranks. I need about 15 people before I run a GP for the cranks.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, May 07, 2008 8:46 PM
Patiently wait on ecotec crank pulley...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search