2.4L intake manifold for ecotec fits 2.2L - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: 2.4L intake manifold for ecotec fits 2.2L
Sunday, October 05, 2008 7:47 PM
phil, he was busting your balls because you said "WHOLE". You drill a "HOLE". At least I'm pretty sure thats what he was going for there.

Arrival Blue 04 LS Sport
Eco
Turbo
Megasquirt
'Nuff said

Tuesday, October 07, 2008 4:02 AM
I do not have pics, but i installed this manifold w/o a problem. If you get the CED kit, you only need a vaccuum tee, and something to drill a hole on the adapter plate. Everything else is (or should be) included.

Step one - remove air intake (IAT sensor), throttle body (two sensors) and stock intake manifold (I believe three different vaccum lines and MAP)

Step two - place your throttle body on the adapter plate and mark where the idle air control port is. The crucial part is not to drill anything beyond that hole, but you do not need to bore out the exact orifice that is on the TB, just enough for it to breath through.

Step three - pick up a vaccuum tee ( i believe 1/4") and connect the line from the FPR and the emmissions crap, that will then go to the HO mani since it is one nipple short of a pair

Step four - you need to extent the brake booster line using the line that is included in the kit. I only needed about half the extra piece, and it was the half with the sharp bend in it.

Step five - install the HO mani as per the instructions. Make sure to clear debris from the head ports, and line up your gaskets properly.

Step six - install the MAP sensor, brake booster line, and the "teed" together emmissions and FPR lines. Install adapter plate and TB w/ sensors, install intake and IAT. Fire it up and check for vaccuum leaks. If everything seems in order, get ready for some tuning

Let me know if i missed anything

Wednesday, October 08, 2008 12:41 PM
I was being a smartass, check out my profile pic, i have a custom "birdcatcher" intake

i have my opinions about this intake, yes i also dyno tested it

-Ben
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search