How To: Racetronix Fuel pump install - Page 3 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How To: Racetronix Fuel pump install
Thursday, January 28, 2010 6:59 PM
Just ordered!!

FU Tuning

Friday, January 29, 2010 5:30 AM
Too Whiney wrote:Just ordered!!

Lies

I wanna see install pics, just in case you do it a different way than already posted

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Friday, January 29, 2010 9:19 AM
David, the how to here is pretty much the easiest way. i just used it as a reference when i didnt know what to do which wasnt much. its pretty simple.

Friday, January 29, 2010 10:16 AM
Ordered mine monday and already came in today and already have sending unit apart.

Friday, January 29, 2010 10:55 AM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Ordered mine monday and already came in today and already have sending unit apart.

and you should have been done by now how come you are not? got the vc today. love it! time to work!

Friday, January 29, 2010 12:25 PM
I hope to have mine tomorrow, paid for express shipping!! I will be taking pics as well.

FU Tuning

Friday, January 29, 2010 12:50 PM
Too Whiney wrote:I hope to have mine tomorrow, paid for express shipping!! I will be taking pics as well.

dont forget border fees too! forgot about those!

Ricardo!!!! you done yet?

Friday, January 29, 2010 1:16 PM
Haha done with install in sending unit to anyone doing it notch the housing like in the pics easy to do and looks like a factory install. Now I need to put in tank but I'm working so it will be a few days till I get time.

Friday, January 29, 2010 2:00 PM
Ricardo Rosario wrote:Haha done with install in sending unit to anyone doing it notch the housing like in the pics easy to do and looks like a factory install. Now I need to put in tank but I'm working so it will be a few days till I get time.

lame you need to be done TODAY!

Friday, January 29, 2010 4:36 PM
i thought i would have had border fees since you pay in USD but htne when my invoice said markham ontario i was like WOOT WOOT my pump will be here tomorrow and sure enough it was i choice the defult shipping but markham is only 2 hours away from me

JBO since July 30, 2001
Friday, January 29, 2010 4:55 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:i thought i would have had border fees since you pay in USD but htne when my invoice said markham ontario i was like WOOT WOOT my pump will be here tomorrow and sure enough it was i choice the defult shipping but markham is only 2 hours away from me

Mine will actually be here Monday.

FU Tuning

Friday, January 29, 2010 6:45 PM
Good ish guys!

306 TQ
Friday, January 29, 2010 6:59 PM
very good company to deal with i would recommend them to anyone there just as fast as ZZP

JBO since July 30, 2001
Saturday, January 30, 2010 1:34 AM
i was impressed with shipping and packing both. super quality. i guess they do enough business to be good at it haha. they got me convinced

Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:06 AM
damn.. quite a bit cheaper then a stocker too.... guess i'll have to look into this.. im working my way back to the pump to fix an issue, hoping its not it but knowing my luck.... lol

nice write up too btw.. love reading these..
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 5:37 AM
weird question...

but would the racetronix harness plug into the stock fuel pump?

i would like to think it would be an upgrade in itself....

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 6:09 AM
The harness plugs into the stock plugs on the out side of the sending unit. Then the athere plug on the harness plugs into the cars stock harness. So when you turn the key on the stock relay turns on then sends the power to turn on the relay that is on the racetronix harness. So yes you could use the harness with the stock pump. Weather the stock pump likes it or not is another story.. I think i explained this right...
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:51 AM
408whpcavy wrote:The harness plugs into the stock plugs on the out side of the sending unit. Then the athere plug on the harness plugs into the cars stock harness. So when you turn the key on the stock relay turns on then sends the power to turn on the relay that is on the racetronix harness. So yes you could use the harness with the stock pump. Weather the stock pump likes it or not is another story.. I think i explained this right...

I just posted about this in my post in Photo's. I think this would be a good upgrade to the stock pump just the harness.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:14 AM
I wonder how the stock pump would like the 14v though. seems like it might over work it if its not built to handle that heavy of a load like usual. id be interested to see someone try it on a dyno atleast. its a quick thing to try.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 10:52 AM
well i am just not so sure i will need the racetronix is all. i thought it might be cool if the stock pump could use the harness. if it helps the racetronix odds are it is going to do a little something for the stocker as well.

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:00 PM
z yaaaa wrote:well i am just not so sure i will need the racetronix is all. i thought it might be cool if the stock pump could use the harness. if it helps the racetronix odds are it is going to do a little something for the stocker as well.

I think it will, and really wanted to try it, but do not trust my stock pump anymore.

FU Tuning

Tuesday, February 02, 2010 3:20 PM
i would try it what you should do is make an access door under the rear seat so if the stock pump doesn't like it you don't have to drop the tank every time. don't imagin it would hurt a stock pump at all as the cars are designed to take 14V its just the length of the wire restricts the flow in that distance. sometime sit will see more voltage then other times so 14V to stock shouldn't be an issue

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:03 PM
^^ Good to hear, though I am running a blazer pump with a 160 amp alternator.

306 TQ
Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:48 PM
So does the harness save a decent amount of time in the install? It looks like you can get the pump and the harness from racetronix for $209. From what I have read so far I am under the impression that the harness isn't required but is nice to have for the simplicity of install and delivers a little more power to the pump.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:53 PM
The harness will make the install a little bit longer...maybe 15-20 minutes. I didnt install my harness with my pump cause I was in a hurry and in need of my car.

"You can only feed them semen for so long before their legs fall off."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search