GP FEELER: 2.3 Oil Pump Pick-Up Relocation and New Style Pick-Up Adapter Blocks - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GP FEELER: 2.3 Oil Pump Pick-Up Relocation and New Style Pick-Up Adapter Blocks
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 5:19 PM
KFLO, why don't you use red on aluminum? Just curious to know.

Brad, I've got to get you taken care of with the rims and after that, will probably hit you up on this product.
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks you'll be taken care of.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Re: GP FEELER: 2.3 Oil Pump Pick-Up Relocation and New Style Pick-Up Adapter Blocks
Thursday, January 07, 2010 4:39 PM
well guys, tonight makes it 48 hours since i paid and posted up the group purchase.

hopefully it will be up by tomorrow...

i plan on running it til we get 16 sold. but the max i can see it being up is probably march.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Thursday, January 07, 2010 5:01 PM
it may be a stupid question.... but is it just the custom block or does it come with everything pictured?
Thursday, January 07, 2010 5:23 PM
it is JUST the block.

Trailer Queen corvette wanna-be with 40 coats of wax and powdercoating that soaks in.
Thursday, January 07, 2010 9:45 PM
Because aluminum is soft and red thread locker is for high torque and high hold applications with large bolts.

This application seems like none of the above to me.

Not that you should ever need to remove the block, but if you did - and you used red thread locker, be prepared to bring the threads with you.

I'm not going to tell you that red eats aluminum like a lot of people will, just that I would use blue personally.

Friday, January 08, 2010 5:13 AM
sitting at work being borred....I'm the only one who made it in this morning so far.....
I guess my LOWERED HHR is better than my co-workers 4x4s in deep snow. anyway....

So I called our Loctite rep, and explained the application to him. He recommended this....Loctite® Threadlocker 243™ (Automotive Aftermarket Only) He doesn't recommend ANY other thread locker used inside the oil pan for long periods of time.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Friday, January 08, 2010 5:21 AM
hey i was told my the .org 'experts' that no locktite would hold up to the 'hot oil bath' when i did just the screws on my cps pads.

pffft. whatever.

Friday, January 08, 2010 5:42 AM
I just had an odd thought. That relocated pickup. Isn't that to the FRONT of the oil pan and not the back? Where the old style would keep the oil pick up towards the firewall leaning side of the oil pan? GRANTED! We all would and should be running factory spec oil levels, but I'm just wondering how much during acceleration such as that of drag racing that there MIGHT be a slim chance of oil starvation. Freak as it would be if it happened, but potentially possibly could be. Comments? inquiries?

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Friday, January 08, 2010 8:53 AM
Makes sense Spy and thanks for the explanation of the thread locker KFLO and MD, good information.

On the oil starvation, is there no baffle of some sort that could be used to prevent this sort of thing?
Makes ya think.

Misnblu.com
Newbie member since 1999
Thank you Dave and JBO!

Friday, January 08, 2010 9:47 AM
im lost spy... the new style pick-up actually sits further back in the pan towards the firewall. under hard acceleration that is where the oil will be.

look at the way the pan sits... the 'lower' or front section is on the passenger side. i believe you are thinking it the other way around.

Friday, January 08, 2010 3:30 PM
z yaaaa wrote:im lost spy... the new style pick-up actually sits further back in the pan towards the firewall. under hard acceleration that is where the oil will be.

look at the way the pan sits... the 'lower' or front section is on the passenger side. i believe you are thinking it the other way around.

Alright I just revisited the post this afternoon. YOU ARE CORRECT, and I was drunk. That new pick up style is waaaay better. My thinking was absolutely reversed.

So in that case, get me one.

-Trailblazer SS - not so custom 6.0L - custom intake - custom tune
- (1) 2.4L on an engine stand (1) blown trans (2) good quad trans (1) eco trans = party

Friday, January 08, 2010 4:58 PM
LMAO! i like that. you were drunk. hahahaha

just go ahead and add yourself to the list....

i dont understand why the group purchase isnt up yet. assuming the mods are busy i guess.

Friday, January 08, 2010 9:05 PM
Meh, I say just skip the org and do it yourself. You have a house and a mailing address, seems like plenty of people here know about it already.

Friday, January 08, 2010 9:25 PM
it is up.... its been up....

Friday, January 08, 2010 11:22 PM
You guys just need to fist fight or something, this drama is beyond stupid.

Friday, January 08, 2010 11:32 PM
KFLO wrote:You guys just need to fist fight or something, this drama is beyond stupid.

what the @!#$ are you talking about... i responded to this which he posted yesterday.
z yaaaa wrote:LMAO! i like that. you were drunk. hahahaha

just go ahead and add yourself to the list....

i dont understand why the group purchase isnt up yet. assuming the mods are busy i guess.

so go @!#$ your self.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 12:01 AM
I'm talking about the constant back and forth bull@!#$. Don't try to act like it doesn't exist. You try to cut him down, he tries to cut you down... blaa blaa blaa drama drama drama.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 12:04 AM
Just because I don't feel the need to spend $2 a month to be part of the incrowd here doesn't mean I don't know that you 2 have a long standing flame war.

Oddly enough you seem to have those with lots of people.

Napoleon syndrome, or what?

Saturday, January 09, 2010 7:44 AM
wow i fail miserably. sorry, i did not see it.

it is up guys. i assumed for some reason it would be at the top, dont know why.

anyways, we can move this conversation over there.

and vince, i wouldnt come into the gp if i were you or you risk being banned due to you having absolutely zero to do with the group purchase nor buying an item. says it right in the group purchase rules. you now you can go @!#$ yourself.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 7:51 AM
yeah brad, your right, my bad for telling you the gp was up.... the go @!#$ yourself was not to you, it was to kflo, i quoted what you said to show what i responded to with tellingyou it was up.

and kflo your right, asking about the loctite, totally cutting him down. letting him know the gp was up when he didnt think it was, wow man did i get him good.

so even when i try to help its me cutting him down. its not at the top because people have posted in other gp's already,

i refer back to the go @!#$ your self (WAS directed at kflo) like before.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 1:06 PM
I must have missed the reason why you had any interest in this part, unless the built part of your name is a built 2.4 twin cam... (which I know it's not) Yet you keep posting trying to assert yourself as the smartest guy in the room. Maybe you're not bashing, maybe that's just your personality style? The go @!#$ yourself leads me to believe it's not just your personality style though.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 2:23 PM
KFLO wrote:I must have missed the reason why you had any interest in this part, unless the built part of your name is a built 2.4 twin cam... (which I know it's not) Yet you keep posting trying to assert yourself as the smartest guy in the room. Maybe you're not bashing, maybe that's just your personality style? The go @!#$ yourself leads me to believe it's not just your personality style though.

did i say i had interest in it? nope, but if someone goes a puts the wrong color loctite on it then bitches, guess it should have been mentioned. or wait wait wait, instead he wondered why it had not been posted in the GP, so i told him it had. yeah thats so terrible. im the smartest guy in the room for telling him it was posted and he did not see it. woo hoo 100000 iq here... and the go @!#$ yourself was because you come in here all high and mighty slinging bull@!#$ that had nothing to do with the thread.... way to go winner.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 2:39 PM
vince, i am not the only one that sees through you're BS.

live with it.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 3:32 PM
Your right brad next time I'll just let you bitch about it not being up when you clearly were blaming the mods for you disability in reading.

Saturday, January 09, 2010 3:38 PM
clearly blamed the mods by saying i assumed they were busy?

right. sure looks like i was saying they were lazy pieces of @!#$ now doesnt it.

i know they get busy. they do have lives beyond JBO and really there arent many active ones left here anyway. i understand things get hectic.

you assumed i was being sarcastic. you assumed incorrectly.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search