Racetronix w-body too small? (w/ pics) - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Racetronix w-body too small? (w/ pics)
Monday, December 03, 2012 1:09 PM
Capn Bloodbeard wrote:
blu04DD wrote:what are you talking about...im talking about once its turned over it will try to die if i dont tap the gas pedal to give it a slight help in providing enough fuel to stay running

actually sounds more like a slow/sticky IAC, considering you said it happens mostly when warm...

I had the same thought. You should clean that bad boy out and/or replace it.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Monday, December 03, 2012 1:34 PM
what other symptoms would a bad IAC have?
I dont think it would be a problem swapping one out..the car is about to hit 200k miles after all lol

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Monday, December 03, 2012 1:37 PM
blu04DD wrote:what other symptoms would a bad IAC have?
I dont think it would be a problem swapping one out..the car is about to hit 200k miles after all lol

It will be when you price one, lol.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:03 PM
i used two large o-rings to secure my pump in place. One at the bottom and the other near the top. Worked out very well with zero issues thus far.

Had these to choose from

Friday, December 07, 2012 10:06 AM
^ thats ingenious...wtf didnt I think of that?! I have those in my garage too! smh....

04 Cav. 2dr. 5spd. My DD. 'Nuff said.
Friday, December 07, 2012 10:13 AM
I wish I had more time to come up with something when I was doing this. I hate rushing projects but unfortunately this was one of those times. That was a great idea though, very nice.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:59 PM
mine was the same way, i bought the insulate foam from racetronix and now its really snug in there

Saturday, December 08, 2012 5:08 PM
I just really really wish I knew about this before I had it apart.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:20 AM
Those O rings will work, but I dunno for how long. I would be worried if they are fuel resistant or not.

Currently #4 in Ecotec Forced Induction horsepower ratings. 505.8 WHP 414WTQ!!!
Currently 3rd quickest Ecotec on the .org - 10.949 @ 131.50 MPH!!!

Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:29 AM
I dont see how everyone is having all these problems with having to prime the car before starting it. I have the Racetronix F body pump and mine starts first try without priming it. I just get in, turn the key and it starts. Never had an issue.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:08 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:I dont see how everyone is having all these problems with having to prime the car before starting it. I have the Racetronix F body pump and mine starts first try without priming it. I just get in, turn the key and it starts. Never had an issue.

Maybe it's just a w-body pump problem? I definitely have the issue with my w-body. When cold I have to prime 2 times at least to get it started, kinda sucks.

"In Oldskool we trust"

Sunday, December 09, 2012 10:21 AM
ITS THE SAME DAMN PUMP

JBO since July 30, 2001
Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:05 PM
lol

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:48 PM
NOTa2_4 wrote:ITS THE SAME DAMN PUMP

He is right.

I have the Fbody pump (same pump), if I do not turn my key and let the pump prime then it will turn over alot before it starts. If I let the pump prime it starts normal.

FU Tuning

Monday, December 10, 2012 3:58 AM
For those of you who need to prime, does it just crank and not start? or does it start and then die right away. Once I get back to my car I will take a video, car will be sitting for almost 3 weeks when this happens. Mine might start and die, but that is because of the tune on the car. But I will get a video of a no prime start. who knows, maybe mines a freak!

Monday, December 10, 2012 4:13 AM
Addicted to meth wrote:
NOTa2_4 wrote:ITS THE SAME DAMN PUMP

He is right.

I have the Fbody pump (same pump), if I do not turn my key and let the pump prime then it will turn over alot before it starts. If I let the pump prime it starts normal.

100% the same.

Mine just cranks, and no start. If I prime it ounce. It is golden.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, December 10, 2012 5:46 AM
BuiltNBoosted wrote:For those of you who need to prime, does it just crank and not start? or does it start and then die right away. Once I get back to my car I will take a video, car will be sitting for almost 3 weeks when this happens. Mine might start and die, but that is because of the tune on the car. But I will get a video of a no prime start. who knows, maybe mines a freak!

Yeah it just cranks and cranks. If I prime once it still cranks extra long before starting on a cold start.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, December 10, 2012 6:20 AM
Hmm then I will def try to get video. I wish I knew why mine does what it does. I dont have the factory fpr. Its a custom FPR. No check valves in the lines, nothing like that. Are you guys modifying the rest of the fuel system different in any way I am?

Monday, December 10, 2012 7:11 AM
Aside of the pump and LSJ injectors my fuel system is bone stock. Has it just started doing this with cold weather? Also does it sometimes die when you come to a complete stop?

"In Oldskool we trust"
Monday, December 10, 2012 12:57 PM
I always prime mine no matter what, does it make a difference? no clue, but im happy knowing I have fuel in the injectors while priming before the car starts.

~2014 New Z under the knife, same heart different body~
306 TQ
Monday, December 10, 2012 4:16 PM
With my racetronix, if i prime it, it fires right up. If i do not prime, it'll crank hard a few times, but 9 times outta 10, it will still start.

Monday, December 10, 2012 4:35 PM
Y3llowCav wrote:Aside of the pump and LSJ injectors my fuel system is bone stock. Has it just started doing this with cold weather? Also does it sometimes die when you come to a complete stop?

you got bigger problems then no pump should need more then 1 prime. reason this happens is pressure over time falls and the fuel system needs to re-pressurize

or somethings incorrectly installed

JBO since July 30, 2001
Monday, December 10, 2012 8:38 PM
I guess I need to take a video too. I think my definition of extra cranking is more conservative than most peoples.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:45 AM
If it helps..

Even my stock pump loses all its pressure over night according to my fuel pressure gauge. I always click the key till I hear it stop priming and then start it.
Tuesday, December 11, 2012 3:30 PM
^^^^ your right accual procedure is to let the car prime then crank thats the way it is

JBO since July 30, 2001
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search