What Performance Mods can I do on my 2200 OHV - Page 2 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: What Performance Mods can I do on my 2200 OHV
Friday, May 07, 2010 11:43 AM
Phil Lindsay wrote:If I were you I would do some research and talk to the top 2200 builders on here!
Im not going to name any names, but we all know who they are.

Are you looking for engine, suspension, electronics?
Performance can mean a bunch of different things.

Also, you will need deep pockets as stated above to do stuff right, and have it last long.

i have deep pockets....they're just empty

Friday, May 07, 2010 2:04 PM
perry shonkwiler wrote:hope you got deep pockets

Sunday, May 16, 2010 3:59 PM
Josh G. wrote:I say take the $2k you have now, save up and buy a Hahn turbo kit or piece together one yourself like I did. If you were going to go and swap the engine go beyond a ECO or a 2.4L IMO.

Good luck and if you want REAL power and a FAST car do not waste your money on small mods. Guys say what you want about adding a intake, header and exhaust. This might get you a small amount of power BUT it will never be enough once you get bit by the HP bug. Trust me I wasted plenty on buying a Weapon - R intake, Pacesetter header, RKSport dual exhaust, Magencore wires and a Aeromotive FPR. Its all fun and games until you get your @$$ smoked by a properly built car then your "tricked out" cavalier isn't that cool any more and your left wanting more and more...... Amen for machine shops, turbo kits, fuel upgrades, built transmissions and HPT.

Good luck.

Oh yeah like Nick said sign up for the TTR 2200/LN2 intake manifold feeler! We need like 3 more 2200 owners

What is this about an intake manifold feeler? I might be interested in this...
Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:11 PM
Nitrous and the usual bolt ons

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Friday, May 21, 2010 1:40 PM
2000k i'd do a 3400 swap. Easy swap and the power is soo much better than 2.2 modded. I modded my 2.2 and it didn't even compare to the 3400. So much more power and did it for 900 bucks for everything. You'd be a lot happier with it.

C:\Users\Phillip\Pictures
Friday, May 21, 2010 5:04 PM
really?

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Friday, May 21, 2010 5:42 PM
3500gtp wrote:2000k i'd do a 3400 swap. Easy swap and the power is soo much better than 2.2 modded. I modded my 2.2 and it didn't even compare to the 3400. So much more power and did it for 900 bucks for everything. You'd be a lot happier with it.

Also keep in mind that not everyone is looking to swap. Some people want to mess with what they have.

Besides, If you are going the V6 route, 3800 S/C would be the best IMO...

Friday, May 21, 2010 6:25 PM
if you realy want fast you shoudnt bought a 2.2 look save your money the car is good on gas right then buy something fast . if you say money not a prob .
Sunday, May 23, 2010 2:13 AM
I'm in the same damn boat.]:->
I've been able to build some great engines in my imports but I love Chevys, don't ask. I was just thinking of checking out the block and rebuilding the trans(3 speed auto) fixing what needs fixed then buy a motorcycle. Lots of fun and faster than what my cavalier will ever be.
Sunday, May 11, 2014 8:50 AM
my friend has a 3400 in her grand am its a auto.....can I swap it into my 2200 sfi 2001 cavy 5 speed?.....if so any idea how long it should take for a mechanic to do for me since my tools and knowledge are limited so I would need to get this done for me.....its either this or turbo my car .....does anybody know if a swap or turbo is more expensive with me having to get both done for me by a mechanic
Sunday, May 11, 2014 8:45 PM
Wow. Random off topic reply.

Yes the 3400 will fit in your car. Search the forums for the How-to.

No, neither the swap or boosting the 2200 is going to be cheap if you have to pay someone to do it. I would estimate either way to cost you a few thousand dollars in labor alone. Both require someone a bit more experienced than a simple Canadian Tire guy.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search