97 2.4L swapping in an 01 2.4L.... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
97 2.4L swapping in an 01 2.4L....
Friday, September 02, 2005 10:48 AM
Its prolly on here, but i didnt find it.....maybe i need to search harder......

Its in Limbo still on the status of a motor for me but i mite have the chance to pick up a 2001 motor........ what i am wondering is what do i need in order to make this motor run on my 1997 ???? Do i need an ECU ? the exhaust ? the guage cluster ? Would all parts need to be off the same car or could i get donar parts from a different one, and can it be any Z24 from 00-02 w/ the 2.4L....

thanks for n e help you guys can provide...

Dave

Re: 97 2.4L swapping in an 01 2.4L....
Friday, September 02, 2005 10:48 AM
also will the izuzu bolt rite up or do i need the tranny as well ???
Friday, September 02, 2005 11:36 AM
Dave wrote:Its prolly on here, but i didnt find it.....maybe i need to search harder......

Its in Limbo still on the status of a motor for me but i mite have the chance to pick up a 2001 motor........ what i am wondering is what do i need in order to make this motor run on my 1997 ???? Do i need an ECU ? the exhaust ? the guage cluster ? Would all parts need to be off the same car or could i get donar parts from a different one, and can it be any Z24 from 00-02 w/ the 2.4L....

thanks for n e help you guys can provide...

Dave

Ok you use everything off your 97 2.4, like injectors, fuel rail, exhaust manifold, EGR. The only major thing you have to do it drill and tap a new hole for the knock sensor. The 2000+ use a different knock sensor (with a smaller hole). You need to use your 97 knock sensor which has a bigger hole. Yes the tranny will bolt up. Also use your flywheel form the 97.

FU Tuning

Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:04 AM
ok, thats great......... one other quick question, will the H.O fuel injectors work on a 1999 motor ? This motor has the 2 O2 sensors, and it has no EGR.......... i am assuming they wont work...
Saturday, September 03, 2005 7:15 AM
Dave wrote:ok, thats great......... one other quick question, will the H.O fuel injectors work on a 1999 motor ? This motor has the 2 O2 sensors, and it has no EGR.......... i am assuming they wont work...

It has nothing to do with the motor, but the computer you are using. mid 99, or in 2000 they went to high impedance injectors. Before that was low impedance. A high impedance computer will run low impednace injectors, but a low impedance computer will not run high impedance injectors.

I'm assuming you had, or have HO injectors for your 97 car?? If so they will work fine. Not really sure if you need them all motor.

FU Tuning

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search