For those with the AEM CAI for the 2200... - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
For those with the AEM CAI for the 2200...
Friday, October 14, 2005 5:50 PM
Does the AEM CAI for the 2200 (mine is a 01 5 speed) where does the intake connect? does it go into the black box that says "2200" or does it replace that and mount to the throtle body directly?

Also, If you have the Vibrant strut tower brace, do you have any issues with clearance with the intake?

Thanks for any help!

Re: For those with the AEM CAI for the 2200...
Friday, October 14, 2005 6:05 PM
lol i almost have the exact same car/setup. i have a 00 2200, vibrant strut bar, and aem cai. it goes directly to the tb, and then down into the front bumper. my vibrant strut bar i had to remove to get the new piping onto the throttle body, and then i had to angle it back slightly to clear the new piping. but there is deffinitly a nice combo. if i knew how to post pictures on here id show you.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 9:45 AM

like carbon cavi said...cai goes straight to the throttle body(take off the box that has the 2200 SFI written on it). Put the intake of first, then put the vibrant strut bar on. I had a lil issue with clearance when i had a throttle body spacer before. Now that i put in a new throttle body, the intake sits a lil lower so not much of a clearance issue...i just put some dynamat in the middle of the intake and the strut bar cuz the intake was vibrating on the strut bar. Hope that helps

Saturday, October 15, 2005 12:41 PM
I actually removed my Vibrant strut bar because it kept ruining the intake. Whatever I put in between the strut bar and the intake would get destroyed. I would put foam, cloth, this heavy tape stuff, and then i tried a washcloth. The washcloth lasted the longest, but eventually turned to black like the rest of the stuff, and I got tired of replacing material so I just took the bar off. I will probably put it back on when I can have the time to figure out a good solution as a spacer in between the two items.

Saturday, October 15, 2005 1:30 PM
RoNuS20 wrote:I actually removed my Vibrant strut bar because it kept ruining the intake. Whatever I put in between the strut bar and the intake would get destroyed. I would put foam, cloth, this heavy tape stuff, and then i tried a washcloth. The washcloth lasted the longest, but eventually turned to black like the rest of the stuff, and I got tired of replacing material so I just took the bar off. I will probably put it back on when I can have the time to figure out a good solution as a spacer in between the two items.

dynamat my friend

Saturday, October 15, 2005 3:38 PM
those intake and strut bars on the 2200's are close

Saturday, October 15, 2005 7:07 PM
do what i did, i took my strut bar, loosened it so i could move the bar itself, and rotated it backwards slightly instead of the top being straight up, it points back towards the winshield just a little bit not much, and youll gain maybe 1/4 - 1/2 inch space between the two.then i tightened everything back up. nothing has rubbed and ive had this maybe 2 months now.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 2:39 PM
Thanks for the input and the picture! I hope to pick up the AEM cai soon and i hope it gives me a little extra boost or atleast something noticeable over the vibrant short ram i have now.
Sunday, October 16, 2005 3:14 PM
youll like it, i noticed a difference in sound in my cai, over my buddys short ram, i think the more piping changes the sound. i like mine better. could just be the car difference who knows.

Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:42 PM
Hey can you put a 2.4 AEM CAI on a 2200?

Sunday, October 16, 2005 5:15 PM
Mundo Pendal wrote:Hey can you put a 2.4 AEM CAI on a 2200?

no...the throttle bodies are in 2 differnt spots

Monday, October 17, 2005 4:44 PM
Hey Grillrd, where did you get that mounting bracket for the clutch resevoir? i need something like that since the factory mounting is crap.
Monday, October 17, 2005 4:46 PM
i have the mounting bracket, you can get it from carcustoms.net

Monday, October 17, 2005 5:46 PM
Nick Bibeault wrote:Hey Grillrd, where did you get that mounting bracket for the clutch resevoir? i need something like that since the factory mounting is crap.

i got mine off of sounddomain.com

Monday, October 17, 2005 6:09 PM
HERE"S THE LINK

I've got the same bracket floating around my house, I just need to find it...

Monday, October 17, 2005 9:36 PM
flip your strut bar upside down

I did that with my freedom design and it clears fine now

problem was i couldn't do that until I had a carbon hood... so my intake is already fubar... oh well no holes thats all that matters

just go turbo and weld up your own intake pipe that'll clear any strut tower

Tuesday, October 18, 2005 2:47 PM
TheFlyingSquirrel (PJ) wrote: just go turbo and weld up your own intake pipe that'll clear any strut tower

Best idea yet! why didnt i think of that!! I'll get right on that
Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:06 PM
if hes got the vibrant bar it wont matter either way, i tried it, but if he rotates it backwards just a little bit he'll clear it no prob. i have the same setup.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search