Turbo setup 2000 cavalier - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Turbo setup 2000 cavalier
Monday, April 02, 2007 6:34 PM
Im looking to do a 2.0, 2.2 or 2.4 liter ecotec swap into my 2000 cavalier. The plan is to then turbo charge the ecotec. I have acces to all three engines and the money and im really wondering what would be my best choice.(easiest/cheapest/most potential power). Or should I change the internals on my current 2.4 liter non-ecotec. Also what transmission options do i have. Any input would be great.

2000 cavalier 15,000 km(on the engine) 2.4 liter

Thanks

Re: Turbo setup 2000 cavalier
Monday, April 02, 2007 6:45 PM
Try the boost forum. It's not that hard to find if you open your eyes.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, April 02, 2007 8:57 PM
Easiest and cheapest would be building the 2.4.
More potential, and don't quote me on this, but I am sure it's the 2.2 ecotec.

I personally say stick with the 2.4L, unless you are aiming for more then 500 hp, then a build like that is going to get more expensive and its probably better to go with the engine that has more potential.
Monday, April 02, 2007 9:28 PM
JsUn wrote:Easiest and cheapest would be building the 2.4.
More potential, and don't quote me on this, but I am sure it's the 2.2 ecotec.

I personally say stick with the 2.4L, unless you are aiming for more then 500 hp, then a build like that is going to get more expensive and its probably better to go with the engine that has more potential.

I think you're slightly misunderstanding the thread...

He currently has a 2.4 Twin Cam (LD9). He wants to do a 2.0 (LSJ), 2.2 (L61) or a 2.4 (LE5) engine swap.

The 2.2 (L61) Ecotec you can do a swap much easier from another J-body. The 2.0 & 2.4 ecotec engines are another story. These are on a different platformed vehicle, you'd basically have to swap everything over...literally. The amount of money you'll be spending for everything, like JsUn said, you could have boosted your LD9.

Ideally, it's not a ideal swap to do.

If you really want to swap something, you can do the L61 swap much easier if you get it from a J-body.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search