want more power to my 2.2 ohv - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
want more power to my 2.2 ohv
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 12:42 PM
so far i havea custom cold air intake and a glass pack and a tip. im thinkn about taken the cat off and put a straight pipe n place of that.. is there any cams or a diff head i could put on it to get mores power out of my car???

Re: want more power to my 2.2 ohv
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 12:48 PM
Umm why 2 posts for the same thing?? Id suggest spending some time with the search option. There is lots you can do and it is asked everyother day, none is going to be cheap..
Friday, December 21, 2007 5:36 PM
Building for power never is. Hence the term: Speed is just a question of money. How fast do you really wanna go?

Go beyond the "bolt-on".
Friday, December 21, 2007 7:11 PM
James Studie wrote:so far i havea custom cold air intake
good start.
Quote:

and a glass pack and a tip.
do it right, get a header and a custom cat back.
Quote:

im thinkn about taken the cat off and put a straight pipe n place of that.
no. not only will this make your car illegal in ALL 50 STATES, it will make you slower and also sound like ass.
Quote:

is there any cams or a diff head i could put on it to get mores power out of my car???

cams are easy, get a core from a junk yard (a nice one) and send it to your favorite cam company to have it reground. while you're at it, pick up the pieces required for the 1.6 rocker conversion. a different head at this point would be way more than you're willing to pay. you oculd, however, have yours ported and polished. this should be enough to keep you busy for a while. remember: search is your friend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 21, 2007 7:12 PM

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Sunday, December 23, 2007 9:30 PM
Quote:

Quote:

no. not only will this make your car illegal in ALL 50 STATES, it will make you slower and also sound like ass.

... while it will make the car illegal as far as I know, I fail to see how it will make the car slower (unless it goes into limp-mode), and I don't think it will change the sound that much.
Monday, December 24, 2007 10:33 AM
Actually, the car will be MUCH louder. The cat. muffles the exhaust more than the muffler does.
My suggestion to you James would be to purchase a new exhaust setup, the stock one isn't worth playing with.

Monday, December 24, 2007 2:54 PM
toyotaz87 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

... while it will make the car illegal as far as I know, I fail to see how it will make the car slower (unless it goes into limp-mode), and I don't think it will change the sound that much.

it will be slower because you loose low end torque. a lot of low end torque. loss of low end torque=slower acceleration=slower car.

Monday, December 24, 2007 6:29 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:
toyotaz87 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

it will be slower because you loose low end torque. a lot of low end torque. loss of low end torque=slower acceleration=slower car.

yea i noticed a lot of torque loss when I removed my cat

i wouldn't suggest doing it tho.. its a headache when inspection time comes around (something i'm dealing with now)

besides, you won't see much in power gain and it makes the car annoyingly loud.. if you were boosted I could see a bit more reasoning behind a no-cat exhaust.

cams are hard to come by, but patriot performance makes a head for the 2200.

before you make it LOUD make it fast... there's nothing worse than a LOUD ass car thats SLOWER than $hit

Monday, December 24, 2007 7:06 PM
DaFlyinSkwirl (PJ) - APU wrote:before you make it LOUD make it fast... there's nothing worse than a LOUD ass car thats SLOWER than $hit

thats kinda where i was tryin to go with that...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search