tuniing a 2.3 quad4 - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
tuniing a 2.3 quad4
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 2:48 PM
hey whats up guys, i looked around and i coulding find anything about this, but does anyone know if there is a way to tune a 95 2.3 quad4. I was told that HPT will not work, and the only other thing i heard about was megasquirt, is there any other way that i can get my car tuned.

if it can't win a race it better win a show

Re: tuniing a 2.3 quad4
Tuesday, May 27, 2008 3:39 PM
yes...there are a couple other ways...your car is a 95 manual 2.3 Z correct? if so you are actually able to CHIP your car..thats right REAL CHIPS..easiest way is to have someone that makes them ( some of the members here do it ) and buy one from them..then its a snap in..if you plan on doing any real power modifications and need to do REAL TUNING then i highly suggest using the moats ostrich..it works VERY well..it plugs into your pcm where you old eprom chip was and hooks to a laptop via usb..it runs a bit more than a simple chip but alows you to make unlimited changes on the fly to anything on the pcm

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 7:46 PM
^^^ you didnt mention your uber sexy way via bluetooth

Riddle me this... riddle me that...
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:06 PM
you can chip it. i have the stuff to burn chip if you want one. (i just need a windows based computer... i have a mac now) just search on the tuning forum for tuning a 95 and you will find.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:32 PM
Magik1109 wrote:you can chip it. i have the stuff to burn chip if you want one. (i just need a windows based computer... i have a mac now) just search on the tuning forum for tuning a 95 and you will find.

just use parallels, it lets you use windows as a program on your mac, and you don't have to reboot the computer. it's what i was planning on doing to tune my HO better sometime down the road.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 3:50 PM
yeah but my mac is just too slow now (900MHZ with 256ram) i'm getting my mom's one next month core2 duo with 1.8mhz then i will run wondows on it

Wednesday, June 04, 2008 2:54 PM
hey magik, i am interested in the chip, but what type of gains can i expect from it, what will it change, will it change the rev limiter,

if it can't win a race it better win a show
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search