Best cat back for 2004 cavalier? - Performance Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Best cat back for 2004 cavalier?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 6:54 PM
Hi guys, i just joined here after stalking these forums for awhile when i first got my cavi 2 months ago. my old chrysler was about to kick the curb and my mom wanted a new vehicle so i bought her cavalier off her and she bought a new chevy cruze. i was iffy about the cavalier first but after i learned about its potential i lit up like a christmas tree. my buddy sold me some rims and i just put an AEM intake on it. my next step is a cat back exhaust and so far what i've mainly been seeing is a magnaflow cat back for almost $700. i was wondering if its the best or there is any alternatives cheaper. i dont mind a loud sound either. if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated! and im no mechanic guro so i cant take a bunch of parts and throw them on for a custom exhaust lol, if the magnaflow is the best and one of the only out there i will be willing to spend the money, but if there is a cheaper system thats decent please fll me in!!! thanks!

Re: Best cat back for 2004 cavalier?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:13 PM
save your money and have a shop custom pipe buy the muffler of your choise hi flow cat , long resonattor and header

Modding my j since I found the org
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:16 PM
yes but there arent really any shops around where i love that would do that, so that isnt really an option
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:26 PM
Magnaflow is not the best, thermal r&d was thee best, my beater has a megan racing from ebay, pretty throaty sounding.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:29 PM
can you post some links to show me where i can find them please?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:34 PM
ok i found this for megan racing if this is the right one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Megan-Racing-MR-CBS-CCA96-Chevy-Pontiac-Catback-Exhaust-/310190029712?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4838c43b90 i do like the price! worth the purchase and is it safe from ebay? (im a big noob if you cant tell lol bear with me)
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:40 PM
Yup same guy I bought mine from, he's completely safe, has great reviews, I received mine really fast to, picture shows 3 pipes, but its actually only 2

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:44 PM
ok, i've been hearing some vids ans sounds great, but whats everyone talking about a silencer for? i want my car to be loud
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:49 PM
It comes with a removable silencer, which is tacky, it sounds good without it

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:52 PM
does with also come with all neccesary hardware to install say like magnaflow systems do? im pretty excited about this exhaust cause its half the price of magnaflow, just a lil skeptical cause i only see it on ebay
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:54 PM
Yup has the hanger welded on already, comes with the clamp, don't remember anything else, but its a straight bolt on

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:56 PM
ok, so in your opinion its worth getting? my car isnt a beater so i want good products on it to last, its gonna be my dd car for a couple years also
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:00 PM
I've had mine on there going on 5 years and still holding up strong and looks nice, only call it my beater now cause car is rusting and has 184k miles, and have recently got a newer cavalier which is way nicer.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:03 PM
well one question, how come ebay seems like the only place to get it? even megans official website doesnt list any exhaust parts for a 2004 cavalier
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:06 PM
Not sure, maybe send the seller there a message? Its way lighter than stock, 2.5 inch piping, and direct fit

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:11 PM
ok, hope there always bein sold there cause ill probably get mine next week, thanks for helping me out bro, any other exhaust reccomendations?
Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:15 PM
Nah, can only recommend what I've actually had and tried. Best if luck, and maybe someone else will jump in on this and give you some other advise.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 8:22 PM
Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:10 PM
can anyone comment on this? looks pretty much like a megan racing cat back except alot cheaper. worth getting or just junk? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=130527473883&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D1020489379363992261
Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:14 PM
actually both links above are same exhaust, i just wanna know if it seems decent enough to get that exhaust, with whoever makes it lol, cause its pretty dang cheap
Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:47 PM
any catback in that price range, on ebay or otherwise, is the same cheap chinese crap exhaust. it WILL be loud, it Will sound like @!#$.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:48 PM
posting again cause im that bored...i've read up and other people seem to like it on their vehicles, it seems like a basic cat back system, its SS, but in a topic on this forum i saw some hate on it, so yeah just some feedback would be appreciated cause i might buy it, while i havent heard it on a cavalier i youtubed it on other cars and it sounds decent., not ricey, got a deep tone, though a bit on the loud side which ill like but i know alot of you on here don't, so is that why its disliked?
Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:49 PM
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:any catback in that price range, on ebay or otherwise, is the same cheap chinese crap exhaust. it WILL be loud, it Will sound like @!#$.

yes but i want my car to be loud lol, so otherwise its not bad besides the loudness?? its 2.5 piping, mandrel bent.
Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:55 PM
rob t wrote:
Rich Grayo Jr. wrote:any catback in that price range, on ebay or otherwise, is the same cheap chinese crap exhaust. it WILL be loud, it Will sound like @!#$.

yes but i want my car to be loud lol, so otherwise its not bad besides the loudness?? its 2.5 piping, mandrel bent.

there's good loud and bad loud. good loud is a nice quiet rumble, almost stock sounding idle, then a monstrous roar over half throttle. what you'll get with these fart cannon cat backs is an obnoxious in cabin buzz, complimented by the worst diarrhea-fart raspy exhaust note at anything over idle that will drive you to the brink of insanity (which is bad loud).

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Friday, July 01, 2011 3:20 PM
well i went and ordered it, i figured for 150$ what the hell, if worse comes to worse and i dont like it atleast i can save up for another exhaust while havin this one on. I noticed no vids have been made with this exhaust (on a cavalier) so i guess ill be the first to do so, to let everyone know how these sound. will be a little bit though, gotta wait for delivery then installation. if it flops, atleast i didnt spend a couple 100 on it....if its actualy good, then yay lol. i will put up a vid if anyone is curious though.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search